Problem with Swoop racing - Anyone else?

Is anyone else having this problem?

I do the swoop race (cantina at telos) and place in the top four BUT it tells me that I did not beat any of the best times. Then if I ask for the records it tells me that I hold the second best time. I receive no rewards and it costs me money.

i got the same problem....i thought it was only rewarding for the top spot but i hadnt noticed i held the third best time.....i hope it is thta it rewards for first place cuz swoop racing is too awesome this time round to be ruined by the devs forgetting to give us an incentive to race =P

Yeah, swoop racing is now an utter waste of time. For the hours you'd have to spend mastering each track to beat the top time, you could be playing Pazaak with even a mediocre side deck and come out ahead every time. As it is, swoop racing is just an exercise in frustration.

All in all I thinks TSL is an improvement over the original, except for this area so far.

Swoop racing is a lot better on Onderon. You get 500 for beating the first set of time, another 500 when the previous winner challenges you, 2000 for the next tier, and 5000 for the last tier. You can also persuade the track owner to give you an extra 500 each time (except for the initial race) - just make sure you win when you do that, otherwise the option disappears. All this for a possible 8500 credits, not shabby at all.

On Nar Shadaar, if you use your Force power to get the full prize money and not just your 'cut', you can get around 2150 credits.