Mini games

Hi, I've had a good look around on the boards and the various reviews but I can't find any info on the mini games in TSL other than the fact that they exist. Could anyone tell me what Obsidian have done to overhaul them, is pazaak better? Swoop racing more exciting? Turret game less tedious? Also how have they upgraded item upgrading? Being able to build things from scratch sounds interesting, can you build almost anything or is it only certain things?

I'm not asking for story spoilers though, that's why I've posted here and not the spoilers forum.

Thanks in advance for your time. :blink:

I haven't played the game yet, but from what I've heard about the minigames: pazaak is faster now and the starting turn rotates between you and your opponent each hand, swoop racing now has "hurdles" that you can jump your bike over, and the turret game is mostly the same, except at times you play it while on the ground to fight off Sith troopers.

As for the extent of your item crafting abilities, I don't know.

There are a ton of item upgrades. I'm only a few hours into the game and I've already found new hilts and a new blade option for the vibrosword. The different upgrades give different bonuses. Some may give damage bonuses while another will give a to-hit bonus.

Also, it is a nice touch to be able to create a security tunneler, computer spike or medpac if you are running low and there isn't a shop nearby. It could definately be useful in some of the areas.

Hi, I've had a good look around on the boards and the various reviews but I can't find any info on the mini games in TSL other than the fact that they exist. Could anyone tell me what Obsidian have done to overhaul them, is pazaak better? Swoop racing more exciting? Turret game less tedious? Also how have they upgraded item upgrading? Being able to build things from scratch sounds interesting, can you build almost anything or is it only certain things?

I'm not asking for story spoilers though, that's why I've posted here and not the spoilers forum.

Thanks in advance for your time.  :(

You welcome at the present for my time. :)

I don't know anything about the other minigames but I can tell you a little bit about the item crafting. All items(to the best of my knowledge) in the game can be broken down into component parts and if you have the right components and corresponding skill levels then you can craft new items. Also, items can be damaged and repaired although I don't know to what extent. Sounds a lot more "upgraded" than before! :p

EDIT: According to this post: Item Crafting you can make anything in the game.

Hey thanks people. :o

The item crafting sounds interesting DarthDoGooder, for some unknown reason I really like pulling things apart and making new stuff :"> it's one of the reasons I like arcanum.

The swoop biking, is it a proper race with other riders or still just a time trial with added obstacles?

It's good to hear that they've improved the pacing of Pazaak, have they made it any prettier though? The awkward taking out of the game when playing pazaak was one of the reasons it lost it's appeal for me after awhile. It was like the game was saying "hey, stop being immersed in the Star Wars universe for a while, my old son, and be reminded of card games on your old mobile instead."

Thanks for all the info. :p

Hey thanks people.  :p

The item crafting sounds interesting DarthDoGooder, for some unknown reason I really like pulling things apart and making new stuff  :">  it's one of the reasons I like arcanum.

The swoop biking, is it a proper race with other riders or still just a time trial with added obstacles?

It's good to hear that they've improved the pacing of Pazaak, have they made it any prettier though? The awkward taking out of the game when playing pazaak was one of the reasons it lost it's appeal for me after awhile. It was like the game was saying "hey, stop being immersed in the Star Wars universe for a while, my old son, and be reminded of card games on your old mobile instead."

Thanks for all the info.  :geek:

Your welcome man. I never have tried to specialize in arcana, but it is an interesting hobby. I'm looking forward to the item crafting as well.

The first time I had that option it was not unavoidable, and it was on the ground.  After that I have not had to (you can run from ship battles).

Double negatives can be confusing on first read, so by 'not unavoidable' you do mean "I didn't have to do the mini-game" right?

If so, great! If not... :thumbsup: I don't mind them being available, but I prefer not to do them.