Be lurking indefinitely....

Child of Flame

Apparently, my recent posts in the fanfic threads misposted in this section have been lacking in my 'previous and cordial manner of interacting with others' so I've now got 2 out of 3 official warnings before being tapped with the banstick. Not wanting this to happen, I'll be lurking, but probably not posting anymore.

Still trying to figure out what rules I broke, but if anyone wants to find me, I'll be HERE.

I used to get banned all the time from forums, in fact every forum Ive been a member of up until this year. You have to learn to ignore and not swallow bait(intentional or otherwise).

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Forgot to mention, my username is Colossus on that forum I linked to above.

I used to get banned all the time from forums, in fact every forum Ive been a member of up until this year. You have to learn to ignore and not swallow bait(intentional or otherwise).

That wouldn't be such a problem if I'd thought I'd actually violated the forum rules. My suspicion is, that the person I snapped at was a little touchier than most, reported me, and wham bam, someone who's been registered for a day, and was acting stupid to boot takes precedence over someone who's been here just about since the forums were created. Cest la vie, I'll just be moving on to greener pastures, no reason to run around trolling here like I did Bio, too many people I enjoy talking to here; not to mention that was an extremely immature thing I did over there.

Your suspicion is quite wrong, Eru, and there was no reporting involved. Fionavar asked that you act in a respectful manner and you treated his request with contempt and continued to flame people asking about KOTOR2 fanfic.

As for not thinking you violated forum rules, here are two that apply:

We ask that our users not post material that is abusive...

We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect,

And a third with a clear resolution which applies to your case:

Trolling is defined as negatively-charged, disruptive, inaccurate, inflammatory and/or outrageous posting behavior, often meant only to insult, disrespect or hurt others. Trolls (users who post in this fashion) will be subject to immediate censure or banning. Obsidian wishes to maintain a positive, respectful community; those seeking to hurt or damage our community are not welcome here and are subject to censure or banning.

If there are people you enjoy talking to here, that's great, please continue to do so, but there's no need to be a jerk towards other people you don't enjoy speaking with or that bother you.

newlogo.gif

Hey Eru, just go and play K2 already!

Not only will you enjoy it but it'll also keep you occupied, thereby quelling your flamatory instincts.  Two-for-one deal : Problem solved.  :lol:

No Xbox. Anyway, I'm not sure if I could stand the loading times people are describing.

And anyhow, 'flamatory' isn't even a WORD!

<goes back to lurking before he gets himself in trouble>

Getting pissy with a moderator is not a smart way, especially one who is as even minded as Fio. Man, I tend to be a little more crass than you, Eru and I have yet got a warning here to my memory then again thats my memory. :lol:

Also "Flamatory" is a word, but often used as a adjective refering to off colored remarks. It belongs to a group of words known as slang. It is as much as a word as "ain't."

LOL! I haven't gotten any warnings either...

Words. It is a quandry to me how/why people can understand a words meaning, yet consider it not a word. I guess I just have a fundamental difference in the meaning of a 'word'. I dont need the King of the Moon(or whoever the hell decides what is a 'word') to declare something is officially a word to use it effectively... lol

Eru. Is 'flaming' a word that means putting someone down/fighting on a forum?? :lol::(

Ambrosia3.gif

Getting pissy with a moderator is not a smart way, especially one who is as even minded as Fio.  Man, I tend to be a little more crass than you, Eru and I have yet got a warning here to my memory then again thats my memory.  :thumbsup:

Also "Flamatory" is a word, but often used as a adjective refering to off colored remarks.  It belongs to a group of words known as slang.  It is as much as a word as "ain't."

If getting pissy with Fio is considered defending Karzak when I was fairly new to the forum and thought he was being treated unfairly, yeah, I guess so.

<goes back to lurking>

Apparently, my recent posts in the fanfic threads misposted in this section have been lacking in my 'previous and cordial manner of interacting with others' so I've now got 2 out of 3 official warnings before being tapped with the banstick.  Not wanting this to happen, I'll be lurking, but probably not posting anymore. 

Still trying to figure out what rules I broke, but if anyone wants to find me, I'll be HERE.

Ahh well, don't worry about it. Its part of being online.

Hang around... aka L.u.R.k :cool: