Better Manual

At this point it is probably too late to do any big changes to the game itself, but a better manual would be very nice. For instance, in the last game, it is never stated that lightsaber fighting adds either your strength bonus or your dexterity bonus to the to hit roll, depending on which is higher. This may seem like a little point but makes a difference when you are building your character, which occurs before you've seen anything but the manual.

I completely agree. Grammer should be checked, too.

For example, the "Intelligence" stat is described in the KotOR manual as "adding modifiers to the amount of points a character has to add to skills." Is this use of "has" the same as "gains," or does it mean "needs to?"

I didn't even know that about dexterity! Dagnabbit.

Also, the manual was never clear if lightsabers were counted as melee weapons or not, or if they were sometimes.

So yes. I completely agree.

It wouldn't have been so bad, if it had actually been accurate.

It described kill as, "A vile use of the Force. The target must make a Fortitude save or simply choke and die. Does not affect droids."

This rather leads you to believe it would be an instakill power, alas apart from killing Malak it was nearly useless.

Edit: And a poster would be nice

I'd love to have a better manual. Heck, I'd be happy if the discs came in a box that is capable of holding them without the risk of crushing a few, this time. That's too much to hope for, unfortunately.

Does a dev or publisher make the manual?  Anyone know?

As far as I know, though the content is written by the developers, everything depends on the publisher. (And obviously, they are the ones who make it physically.)

What is a manual? (This is the only RPG I have ever played.)

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

At this point it is probably too late to do any big changes to the game itself, but a better manual would be very nice. For instance, in the last game, it is never stated that lightsaber fighting adds either your strength bonus or your dexterity bonus to the to hit roll, depending on which is higher. This may seem like a little point but makes a difference when you are building your character, which occurs before you've seen anything but the manual.

well i bought my game used so i didn't get one but i like realy detailed manuels

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I remember back in the golden days of PC gaming companies offered these large, in depth manuels full of every single detail you want to imagine about the game. I remember those days a the "story" section was like a novella.

Yes, a much better manuel please. Neverwinter's manuel was good, although I think it could sitll improve a lot on that.

3/4 of the manual ought to be Star wars lore and background on the setting and characters. Look at Blizzard manuals.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."