Romance Options?

I was wondering which characters you can have a romance with if you're female and if you're male?

And I've also heard that being light or dark makes a difference. Do you have to be a certain alignment for specific characters...or can you persuade someone of the opposite alignment to be on your side and be involved with you?

I don't want any actual spoilers about the romances (I like to be surprised). Just names would be fine.

I haven't come across the romance yet. I'll tell you when I get there though. I hope I can get a piece of mandalore though. He's cool.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I have entered into a little squable between two of my party members about their feelings and relationship towards me (female PC). It has not moved beyond simple innuendo though, and allows no involvement on my part. The cut scenes happen simply as I enter the Ebon Hawk.

The "private actions" and back stories of the NPCs seem to be structured very differently, or not exist at all. My only complaint (story related) so far.

Having beat the game, I can say that this is not much of an option such as in KOTOR1. You do not spend anytime really getting to know any of your companions. Inuendo exists, and one character will express love, but it doesn't go anywhere. You will find out as you play, that is all I will say.

I was skimming the strategy guide today. Romantic options (they don't seem to be more than a few conversations and flirtations) for party members:

Male: Handmaiden, Visas.

Female: Atton, Disciple, Visas.

Some of the party members will flirt with each other if you're not romancing them, and Atton/Disciple and Handmaiden/Visas will fight over you. Rowr. Alignment doesn't seem to determine romance options, but it might affect how the dialogues progress.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I was skimming the strategy guide today. Romantic options (they don't seem to be more than a few conversations and flirtations) for party members:

Male: Handmaiden, Visas.

Female: Atton, Disciple, Visas.

Some of the party members will flirt with each other if you're not romancing them, and Atton/Disciple and Handmaiden/Visas will fight over you. Rowr. Alignment doesn't seem to determine romance options, but it might affect how the dialogues progress.

Wait. Visas is on your female list? Did you mean to put her there?

They do nothing intimate, they drop down to their knees like Bastila did on the SF and glowed blue.

Methinks someone needs to have 'the talk' with the Obsidian Developers. They seemed to be confused.

{:huh:}

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I won't mourn the loss of romance as a major characterization device; given the nature and immediacy of the pc's quest, romance (in the form that we've been accustomed to by, say, KotOR) will be trite and contrived in varying degrees.

The sappier part of me enjoys stereotypically saccherine love in an rpg, but the circumstances under which it takes will start slicing into me like pixelated daggers of torment if allowed to reach a critical mass of absurdity. Ultimately, I'd be satisfied most if romance would be present in as high a degree as feasibly possible without sacrificing realism in the process.