Fake Level Ups... denied

FYI, for any people who played KOTOR 1 and where privy to the "Fake Level Up" (FLU)... it doesn't work.  Need to find a different glitch if you want to create that super Jedi. :rolleyes:

I wonder if there is an item copy glitch.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

what is this "Fake Level Up" (FLU)...  you keep on going on about

Fake Level Up is a glitch in the original KotOR game, for XBox, that allowed you to create a Jedi with as many feats, skills and Force powers as you wanted. A variation on the glitch allowed you to transform normally non-Jedi characters into Jedi as well.

http://www.rightstep.org/kotor tells you how. I haven't updated the page to my new stylesheet though, so it isn't very pretty at the moment.

I don't think we deliberately fixed that bug. But it might've been fixed over the course of time as other issues in the level up code were patched.

Ah... a window of opportunity. :)

what is this "Fake Level Up" (FLU)...  you keep on going on about

Fake Level Up is a glitch in the original KotOR game, for XBox, that allowed you to create a Jedi with as many feats, skills and Force powers as you wanted. A variation on the glitch allowed you to transform normally non-Jedi characters into Jedi as well.

http://www.rightstep.org/kotor tells you how. I haven't updated the page to my new stylesheet though, so it isn't very pretty at the moment.

I don't think we deliberately fixed that bug. But it might've been fixed over the course of time as other issues in the level up code were patched.

Ah... a window of opportunity. ;)

does it only work on the Xbox or does it work on the PC too

No experience cap? So you dont stop leveling at lv 20?

But there is a finite amount of xp you can get. No respawns...

I got to a total of level 27 (split between base class and prestige), doing every quest I could (except two which broke) and killing every enemy I found (through the LS path).

So, no cap but you can't go beyond 27 or 28 without a cheat/hack program :p

I was very disappointed that nothing respawns. If I want to hang around Dantooine until I'm level 99, why can't I? :luck:

But, we'll see if there isn't a way to sneak into a FLU process in KotOR II -- maybe it just requires being in the right place and working with the right person. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Use the Korriban glitch. The dead jedi and the hissis, infinite exp. glitch (they are worth about 450exp each)....I did that for a LOOOOONG time and ended the game with a level 38 killing machine....could have done more but it got old killing hissis all day.

Humor me. I must have missed the infin. experience glitch you speak of, and for some reason it's not showing up on my searches of the board. Would you mind repeating it here?

I think level 28 was the highest I ever achieved, and that was with my Jedi Sentinel.

heres the infinite xp glitches

1. sick man glitch. very easy to discover. got it on accident. (Nar Shadda)

A. Land on Nar Shadaa

B. Kill all the serreco thugs

C. Talk to Hussef, offer to help.

D. Greet the sick man near the entrance to the refugee camp area

E. Without killing exchange thugs, talk to sasquesh.

Tell him about the sick man and use the 1st persuade option. Sasquesh will say something like " only if you deal with him for me"

Say that you'll think about it. 1000 xp granted. Please dont repeat the infitnite loop and get massive ammounts of xp , or go here before any planet and get to level 25 and make the game even easier than it already is.

2. The airspeeder glitch. Real life friend got it on accident while playing at my house.

1. get to nar shadaa

2. Get an advanced navigational interace from the metal box in the room right when you come out of the landing pad walkway.

3. Go to serreco territory and find an airbike. Install the interface.

4. start the quest to get the driod back for the Sullustan's driod. Kill Kodin and grab another interface.

5. Take atton with you to to the bike again. Use the repair option to install another interface, then the security option. Atton will say "let me handle it". Choose the "ill let the expert handle this" option. Woohoo, repeat the dialouge, it wont exit you from the screen, its 200xp per security and 200 xp per repair and influence with Atton to let him fix iit and call him an expert. You can get atton to jedi on the spot, and if you held back his leveling, can have basicly another jedi character.

that ones a bit slower but pwnsome for getting atton to jedi fast. and without getting ls points.

3. " t3h ub3r f4rm1n6 m37h0d" from gamefaqs

in the secret tomb on korriban, in that one room with a corpse, simply repeat examine it to spawn about 40 hssiss. Farm them with force storm, death feild for health, master force drain for force points. by far the best one, but u gotta get there first , so the others have some use. They give 450 xp each so you can imagine the massicve level ups here...