Lightsaber Upgrade info

It seems like people (sentinels especially) are gonna have really high skills this time around. That's good, because some of the better upgrades in the game have prerequisite skill levels to create/install them. I was reading the Prima guide at EB games today (carefully, to avoid spoilers :ph34r: ) when I noticed that lightsaber upgrades require diverse skills! I might have them mixed up, but the lens, emitter and power core upgrades each require a different skill to make them.

For instance there was some piece of equipment that added a load of ion damage - you needed a security skill of around 18 to install it. I think all the emitters had repair as their prerequisites; the power of the upgrade increases in proportion to the skill required to create it. I believe all the lens upgrades were tied to the awareness skill, while the power core upgrades had a prerequisite level of computer skill needed to create them. Only a few had security prereq's (I don't know why any would at all, doesn't really make sense to me... maybe the hand dexterity). The best upgrades in each category required scores in the mid-20s of their respective skill, but had some SERIOUS bonuses.

I didn't read them all (didn't want to sit there for an hour incurring the wrath of the clerk), but Obsidian wasn't kidding about the ridiculous amounts of combinations. Besides all the creatable upgrades (and there's a completely different set for regular melee weapons) there's a bunch of new crystals as well, including most of the ones from the first game. There was even a crystal that increased the CHA and WIS of the user. To say the least, I was very impressed with the sheer amount of items in this game.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I didn't buy it... too much temptation since I don't have the game yet.

But I wanted to learn some new info and they happened to have it at the EB games near me. You're getting a freakin' encyclopedia of KOTOR 2 man. That guide is huge. It has a lot of cool info about the NPCs (which I only scanned to avoid spoiling the story for me), but I did notice that Prima put everybody's starting attributes in there as well as recommended builds for all the party members.

Woah thanks for the update man, I haven't gotten the game yet and was wondering if there would be any new cool crystals, like the one from the first game that was restricted to lightside. Sounds like I maybe needing to add some intelligence to the character, for that extra boost! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

so, u could have a npc create the items u need to upgrade your light saber?

It appears so. Which is actually quite nice because you can really spread out the skills amoung the party members.

That is really the big factor for me. If my skill-savvy NPC's can use the workbench to create stuff, I will play as a Guardian and max out Awareness and Persuade for max dialogue options and keep Bao-Dur, Mira or Atton with me at all times for their skills. If not, I'll play Sentinel and keep at least one tank in the party.