Skill point information

Whoohoo!!! (w00t)

It's late where I live, so there could be som errors in my calculations, but this is what I've calculated by the infos I got here, I took a Sentinel:

The 30 Points at the abilities I divided this way:

Strength :8+6=14

Dexterity :8+4=12

Constitution:8+4=12

Intelligence:8+6=14

Wisdom :8+4=12

Charisma :8+6=14

Then you get for 40 Levels(this is the cap I heard), every 4 Levels one-Ability-Point, this means 10.

I divided them like this:

Strength :8+6=14

Dexterity :8+4=12

Constitution:8+4=12

Intelligence:8+6=14+1(lvl4)+1(lvl8)+1(lvl28)+1(lvl32)

Wisdom :8+4=12+1(lvl20)+1(lvl24)

Charisma :8+6=14+1(lvl12)+1(lvl16)+1(lvl36)+1(lvl40)

For the Skill-Points this means an INT-Bonus of:

Lvl1-8 Lvl8-32 Lvl32-40

8*2 + 24*3 + 8*4 =120

+((40lvl*3)=120)=240

This means, you can get (20 [(3+2)*4] + 240) =260 Skill-Points this way.

I don't know which class-value the prestige-classes have, so my calculation doesn't takes this aspect.

Errr...could someone tell me the class-value of the prestige-classes?

Well, you seem to need 20 Persuade to do certain things, so I would get to 17 then my 12 Charisma +5 from Master Valor would get me to 20.  Though I suppose you could keep trying to get an 'automatic hit' roll instead.

Or you can just keep putting skill points into Persuade as the maximum skill level is 23

I didn't notice that persuade is a class skill for Jedi cuz for NPC jedi in K1 this isn't the case, as I recall.  I always started Scoundrel so I didn't know anything about PC jedi class skills except that computer use and repair weren't among them, and treat injury was.

That's because NPCs can't use Persuade or put points into it so it's a bit pointless making it a class skill! >_<

I don't think changing to a prestige class gives you different class skills. Don't quote me though, because I'm still on my first playthrough. I have a sentinel that just changed to the Watchman prestige class. Now, there are feats you can take that will turn a cross-class skill into a class skill. So far, my lvl 16 Sentinel/1 Watchman has every skill except demolitions as a class skill, and I will be adding that one in with the next feat I get. Since you can spend feats to make cross-class skills class skills, I doubt the prestige classes give you extra class skills, since that would potentially waste feats that you may have already spent. Again though, don't quote me on this, as it's mostly speculation on my part.

I don't think changing to a prestige class gives you different class skills. Don't quote me though, because I'm still on my first playthrough. I have a sentinel that just changed to the Watchman prestige class. Now, there are feats you can take that will turn a cross-class skill into a class skill. So far, my lvl 16 Sentinel/1 Watchman has every skill except demolitions as a class skill, and I will be adding that one in with the next feat I get. Since you can spend feats to make cross-class skills class skills, I doubt the prestige classes give you extra class skills, since that would potentially waste feats that you may have already spent. Again though, don't quote me on this, as it's mostly speculation on my part.

If your Watchman has Repair as a class skill, then prestige classes do get new class skills, unless you spent a feat on repair.

I am still waiting for Obsidian to publish this information, along with ALL relevant class data, here. Its very disappointing it has taken them more than a day or so to get that information compiled and posted.

olaf

I am still waiting for Obsidian to publish this information, along with ALL relevant class data, here.  Its very disappointing it has taken them more than a day or so to get that information compiled and posted.

olaf

Im not trying to be rude, but if I were them I would be disappointed that you kept asking. If they have time, then they will do it. If not, then we should wait until they can. They have other projects and things to work on. As tempting as it might be to keep bugging them for the info, they will get to it when they have time. :ermm:

I am still waiting for Obsidian to publish this information, along with ALL relevant class data, here.  Its very disappointing it has taken them more than a day or so to get that information compiled and posted.

Im not trying to be rude, but if I were them I would be disappointed that you kept asking. If they have time, then they will do it. If not, then we should wait until they can. They have other projects and things to work on. As tempting as it might be to keep bugging them for the info, they will get to it when they have time. :)

Its not like I am asking them to fedex me a printed copy. I just want it posted. It should have been done way back when they realized the manual was ass.

olaf

I can sympathize with Olaf's frustration. However,. when the company has been asked for the information, and there hasn't been a response, I'd suggest the community figure it out. Hell, enough people have already completed the game that the information is available if they'd keep track of it.

Due to work, fiancee, etc. I'm going slowly through the game. But, I have a sheet of paper next to the chair where I play, and for each level I write down the changes to AB, saves, and the new feats given, if any etc. It takes about 2 seconds and takes nothing away from the game experience. You can determine the SP fomula for the starting classes in about two minutes but I don't have a clue about changes with the prestige classes. If six folks who plow through these games in a day would do the same, the information would be available within the week.

So, any volunteers? I'll keep at it but I'll be slow (most employers don't give time off work to play games and women don't take kindly to being told that wedding planning takes a backseat to video gaming for some unfathomable reason). I'm going with a guardian/weapon master. Anyone who is faster than me and wants this guy, go for it. Only five more straight combination volunteers are really needed in my opinion. There are questions of when to switch classes, etc. but that can be all worked out.

Is this solution ideal? Not really. But if Obsidian doesn't respond to the requests, it's the quickest solution that presents itself. Part of the appeal of many RPG's is that the system behind the game is not opaque. Fast/Slow does not adequately describe feat progression. Knowing a guardian gets a feat at 1,2, and 3 (as far as I've gotten so far) is helpful. But I haven't a clue whether he'll get one at 4, or if it'll be 5, or if ... As said above though, this community is large enough to mine that information in short time.

So, how's about it olaf? Willing to participate? Anyone want to start a thread and collect volunteers to keep a running set of posts about their participants advances? The information could be out there in a few weeks. And then maybe we could ask that it be pinned.

As for me, I'm off to bed so I can drag my ass to work in the morning. Maybe I can get a chance to play an hour or two Wednesday.