Skill point information

Ok in the first KOTOR, skill points per level were computed like:

(Class Value+Int bonus)/2 rounded down. Level one skill points used the previous formula, multiplied by 4.

Anyone know how it is in KOTOR2? Something changed, but I am not sure if it is the entire formula, or just some of the class values.

My 12 INT Sentinel got 16 skill points to start with, and 4 upon level up. Under the old system he would have got 8 and 2 respectively, as the class value for Sentinel was 4.

Do people from Obsidian read these forums?

Can we get a sticky post with this information, and more? Stuff like Force and Vitality point formulas, saving throw and to-hit tables, feat and force power schedules, etc.

olaf

Alright I spent a few minutes in character creation and came up with this:

The skill point formula per level up is:

Class Value+Int Mod=Skill points

You get 4x that value at level 1.

Guardians have a 1 for class value, Consulars 2, Sentinels 3.

All Jedi classes start with Awareness, Persuade and Treat Injury as class skills. Additionally:

Guardians get Demolitions

Consulars Repair

Sentinenls Computer Use, Stealth and Security.

olaf

Well its nice to see that Jedi get something other than Treat injury and Awareness as class skills this time since you start as a jedi.

Especially persuade. You had to start as Scoudrel to be able to accomplish many things in K1

Well its nice to see that Jedi get something other than Treat injury and Awareness as class skills this time since you start as a jedi.

Especially persuade.  You had to start as Scoudrel to be able to accomplish many things in K1

I'am quite sure that persuasion was class skill for Jedi in KotOR 1 as well, even though you would have to spend all your skill points on it if you didn't start as scoundrel to get it up enough. <_<

Hmmm...I really would like to know, if one of the three classes gets the implant-feat without choosing it at the level-up. I really liked the Sith-Regenerator in the first game.

You no longer need to take a feat to use implants, but you have to have a minimum Con value, which is quite high for the good ones.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Especially persuade.  You had to start as Scoudrel to be able to accomplish many things in K1

Not true- Persuade is a class skill for Jedi and, because you don't really need Persuade on Taris, my Scout would take Persuade 2 at chargen then save a skill point each level up. Once I became a Jedi I'd put the seven saved points plus the two I received for levelling as a Guardian with Int 14 and I'd have Persuade 11. The most a Scoundrel could have in similar circumstances was 12 so I wasn't particularly disadvantaged.

Well, you seem to need 20 Persuade to do certain things, so I would get to 17 then my 12 Charisma +5 from Master Valor would get me to 20. Though I suppose you could keep trying to get an 'automatic hit' roll instead.

I didn't notice that persuade is a class skill for Jedi cuz for NPC jedi in K1 this isn't the case, as I recall. I always started Scoundrel so I didn't know anything about PC jedi class skills except that computer use and repair weren't among them, and treat injury was.

Thanks Fardragon :D .

Now...sorry if this question ist stupid, but I haven't played Kotor 1 for a long time and don't know how it is in TSL...which class/prestigeclass in TSL gets the most attribute-points?

Since I'm from europe, I have to plan my char on paper.

Oh..and (I think it's a kind of off-topic) is it true that you can choose any prestigeclass for every normal jedi-class(I got this from the LA-site (strategy)) or is it the way, it can be found here on the board?

Thanks Fardragon :D .

Now...sorry if this question ist stupid, but I haven't played Kotor 1 for a long time and don't know how it is in TSL...which class/prestigeclass in TSL gets the most attribute-points?

Since I'm from europe, I have to plan my char on paper.

Oh..and (I think it's a kind of off-topic) is it true that you can choose any prestigeclass for every normal jedi-class(I got this from the LA-site (strategy)) or is it the way, it can be found here on the board?

By attribute points do you mean ability score increases? They are the same for all classes, 1 every 4th level.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Hey, thanks again! :D

Err...as you are so good in answering this questions, could you answer another?

The question is: When you create a new char, how many points do you have at the ability-screen aviable? Do you start with 8 at each ability and have thirty points to put on the abilities? And is the system the same: 8=-1, 10=0, 12=+1, and so on?

(w00t) Thanks!!!

Now I can plan my sentinel...but, there comes a question into my mind, which I asked, but it wasn't answered: Is there a hard evolution to the prestige-classes(light-side-examples): Sentinel>Watchman and so on, or is it variable:

............. Master

______ /

Sentinel-Watchman

_______\

..............Weapon-Master ?

Sorry if this is a spoiler for somebody.

I wonder how useful Int is in dialogues. Originally I have thought to jack it up to 14 for my Consular to have 2 points/level, but it seems unnessesary with the new system. So, apart from getting a boatload of skill points, is there a good reason to increase Int to 14 and beyond?

Also, is Force Valor timer still running during the dialogues/cutscenes? It was aggravating to click through dialogues as quickly as posssible in KOTOR, just to be able to take advantage of the buff...