Lagging during battles

So it isnt just me that experiences a super slowdown in my FPS during a battle, whew i was about to get my xbox serviced :/

Yep I'm also experiencing problems with this. It takes away from the whole battle. I specifically bought an xbox for this game because I didn't want to wait till Feb. If I would of known about these issues I would of waited. Obsidian needs to address these issues, they can at least acknowledge that there is a problem so we can know that there working on a solution. I'd like an official statement if a bad shipment went out and what we can do to have it replaced.

All they have had to do was put in Downloadable Content and they coulda released a patch for our beloved Xbox..I dont think this one has it though, the first one did, why couldn't the second one?

Obsidian or someone better address this soon, I'm getting more and more pissed by the day. I've put in two emails to tech support one for Obsidian one for Lucas Arts hopefully a reply will come soon.

All they have had to do was put in Downloadable Content and they coulda released a patch for our beloved Xbox..I dont think this one has it though, the first one did, why couldn't the second one?

No, they couldn't. Such an alteration to the game can not be made through X-Box live. Aside from being extremely difficult to properly implement a dynamic patch for a read-only media format, Microsoft does not allow alterations to a games executable via Live (one of the few smart things Microsoft has done).

Obsidian or someone better address this soon

Or what? :(

In any case. I experienced slow downs in battle mostely in caves. I also experiences slow downs while walking. I switched between characters (black button) while in such a situation and it fixed the problem. I haven't seen a slow down since.

Try your game on a friends XBox. Does it do the same thing?

- Yes: trade in the disk for a new one.

- No: your XBox is playing a roll in it. Go trade in the game and hope a few disk fixes the problem.

I find it interesting that you think we feel the Xbox superior when nobody has said that. Anywhere. Please show me where in this thread is is claimed that the XBox is superior, in any way.

The truth is, you are the only one claiming that this game will be superior on the PC and will have 0 lag when you have absolutely no idea if that will be true, or if the game will even run properly with your configuration.

The original KotOR is considered by many to be better on the Xbox. Owning both the PC and XBox version, I agree -- the control of the game is more fluid and battle control is a heck of a lot easier, in my opinion. So, how does my preference to playing a game make me any less wrong as to which version I prefer?

I also run Linux, as many other do, and others run on a Mac. Why do you feel the need to insult those of us who are generally forced to choose the console version of the PC version? If you want to play the elitism game, I can bring down the roof on how horrible and operating system Windows is and how anyone who runs it is a mindless drone. Since I am smart enough, and secure enough, to know that is only 50% true (decide which part is true and which is false for yourself) I don't go around degrading a group of people who are already enjoying a game, as you sit and wait.

I also tend to find that people who feel the need to degrade one group of gamers (PC vs console, going either way), let alone speak "l33t", simple have an inferiority complex that needs to be satisfied over the faceless void of the Internet in order to feel better about their own self.

It seems to me that you need to go pick up a different game to pass the time, instead of troll these forums insulting people with baseless claims. Running around insulting people isn't going to make them think you cool, or make them think less of themselves... we just laugh at people who run around acting superior. Don't be that guy.

Obsidian or someone better address this soon

Or what? :thumbsup:

In any case. I experienced slow downs in battle mostely in caves. I also experiences slow downs while walking. I switched between characters (black button) while in such a situation and it fixed the problem. I haven't seen a slow down since.

Try your game on a friends XBox. Does it do the same thing?

- Yes: trade in the disk for a new one.

- No: your XBox is playing a roll in it. Go trade in the game and hope a few disk fixes the problem.

I haven't figured out what I'll do yet but I'll tell you this.......it will be DASTARDLY!!!!!

Hey, just remember he doesn't speak for all PCers.  Yeah, I hate the X-Box, but not the X-Box gamers, though the X-Box 2 looks mighty impressive.

I certainly don't believe he speaks for all PCers. I am a PC gamer too, but I prefer some types of games on the console while I prefer others on the PC... or I just can't get the game working on Linux, so I have to play the console version. :o

Haven't looked into the XBox 2 yet myself. I just wait for the games, if I want to play it I'll buy the console when the need becomes great enough that I am willing to live off of ramen noddles for a few weeks. :D

Is this Hades_One from the BioWare KotOR forums? Ah, memories. :cool:

I haven't figured out what I'll do yet but I'll tell you this.......it will be DASTARDLY!!!!!

Just make sure you are pointed away from Ohio when you do it.

Lagging occurs not only in battles but also in some areas just walking around. When I was on Peragus using T3, the game became super choppy when looking around. This definitely hurts the 'immersion' factor. Hopefully, this stuff will be fixed by the time the PC version hits the streets.

Lagging occurs not only in battles but also in some areas just walking around. When I was on Peragus using T3, the game became super choppy when looking around. This definitely hurts the 'immersion' factor. Hopefully, this stuff will be fixed by the time the PC version hits the streets.

Kinda sucks for those XBox gamers though, don't it. :lol:

I feel for you guys, really. Since I know what it's like to play a game that's got some frustrating bugs. But this is another reason I prefer the PC version. Atleast if we have these same issues, there's the possibility of a patch or two fixing it. What can be done to fix a XBox game? Nothing (that I'm aware of).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I find it interesting that you think we feel the Xbox superior when nobody has said that. Anywhere. Please show me where in this thread is is claimed that the XBox is superior, in any way.

Uh-oh. He's getting defensive, that means he knows you're right.

Just kidding. I'm a PCer, but I hold no malicous feelings for the Xbox, nor Xbox users.