Loading Screens Freezing

**Minor Spoilers**

Hi. I just purchased KOTOR 2 yesterday, and I'm currently at the beginning of Peragus II. I'm on the mission where I have to go and record the voices of the Maintenance officer to open the airlock door to the space outside. Well, I've been exploring around the station for a while, and every now and then, when I enter either the Peragus Fuel level or the Administration level, the loading screen comes up, and it stops about 3/4 of the way through and just sits there. The first time this happend I sat waiting for about 3 or 4 minutes before I finally decided that the game had frozen. Since that first time, it's happened twice more. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences these problems or if anyone knows what is causing my game to do this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi.  I just purchased KOTOR 2 yesterday, and I'm currently at the beginning of Peragus II.  I'm on the mission where I have to go and record the voices of the Maintenance officer to open the airlock door to the space outside.  Well, I've been exploring around the station for a while, and every now and then, when I enter either the Peragus Fuel level or the Administration level, the loading screen comes up, and it stops about 3/4 of the way through and just sits there.  The first time this happend I sat waiting for about 3 or 4 minutes before I finally decided that the game had frozen.  Since that first time, it's happened twice more.  I was just wondering if anyone else experiences these problems or if anyone knows what is causing my game to do this.  Any advice would be appreciated.

You might have better luck if you moved this to the Tech Support forum. :p

I'm betting you have a Thompson Drive. Sounds like one of the many problems that many people with a Thompsn Drive have had with other games, and that Microsoft refuses to admit exists. If thats not it, then I don't know what to tell you, other than I'm not having any problems.

I had the exact same problem. I wasn't able to load any of my saved games, all would freeze around 3/4 of the way. I have a fairly new XBOX (< 6months) with a *Samsung* drive, so I doubt this is a hardware issue.

Try to load once from an AutoSave. That seemed to do it for me. After that, I didn't ever overwrite a saved game, and I haven't had any more problems... yet. Don't ask me for the logic behind this, I don't know. And I'm a Computer Engineer :blink: