-No spoilers here so don't worry, you can read with safety-

Ok after several hours of solid play I decided to come up for air and talk briefly about Kreia and the other people who will be joining your party through the game.

First of all get your full weather coat around Kreia because she is COLD. She has no respect for anyone except you. She's very disturbed to find herself in the role of teacher. I think she recognizes it as the WILL of the Force and won't walk away from obviously what is a "calling"

There are moments when she can say things that are very wise and profound, then there are other times she can be icy. I get the feeling that the last 5 years HAS BEEN REAL BAD FOR THE JEDI. You have people interested in purchasing Jedi like collector's items on Ebay. The Republic is basically waiting to sneeze it's guts into a tissue paper and lay down and die. There isn't a heck of alot of hope, just a lot of darkness and confusion. If there is hope, then you are that hope because the galaxy has had hope sucked out of it. Real dark times.

It's not just Kreia, it's all of them. Your party. They are such a conflicted group of people. Winning influence will leave you wondering if you are losing focus of what's important. If you are playing a lightside game like I am then you recognize that you literally are the moral compass for this group. This is not Revan's loyal bunch of unselfish companions who wanted to make a difference. This is a group of "Me- Myself- and I", and "What's in it for me"

Watch your back because I don't trust any of these people..............yet.

Kreia is an enigma, just as all the pro reviewers have been saying for a few days now. At times she seems all for my darkside acts, and then later will say stuff like "Your brutaility becomes tiring." If I try to become overly friendly with Atton or others, she will "warn me" not to be to close and not to trust. Not overly LS if you ask me, yet she will criticize the darkside. I have a feeling she will end up a lot like Jolee. The similarities are several:

Crankiness

Mysterious past

Jedi Master

Seems to know more about me than I do

Gray Sided (as opposed to LS or DS)

She is interesting. Though, I must say, Omnifarious, on the republic ship on Peragus when she goes and locks herself in the room with our unwelcomed "guest" (you know who), I had suspicions she wasn't really all that hostile toward this person, and was feigning a bit. Not a stretch considering the flashback we saw and with her enigmatic behavior.

Kreia is an enigma, just as all the pro reviewers have been saying for a few days now.  At times she seems all for my darkside acts, and then later will say stuff like "Your brutaility becomes tiring."  If I try to become overly friendly with Atton or others, she will "warn me" not to be to close and not to trust.  Not overly LS if you ask me, yet she will criticize the darkside.  I have a feeling she will end up a lot like Jolee.  The similarities are several:

Crankiness

Mysterious past

Jedi Master

She is interesting.  Though, I must say, Omnifarious, on the republic ship on Peragus when she goes and locks herself in the room with our unwelcomed "guest" (you know who), I had suspicions she wasn't really all that hostile toward this person, and was feigning a bit.  Not a stretch considering the flashback we saw and with her enigmatic behavior.

Jolee isn't mysterious. He just didn't talk much about it. :D

Its sought of like some of your own companions might stab you behind the back sought of thing....any of them could betray you at any moment...I have heard dark things about Atton.I haven't got the game yet and won't till Feb but when I get the game "don't trust anyone but your self" in your group it's like enemies being forced to work together (by the force?) to bring fate to the galaxy.

Yeah I like Kreia, she is always keeping you on your toes.

Like this one time I was helping a guy and after I had helped him, Kreia was questioning my good deed and after I had defended my choice I ended up getting dark side points! Very interesting indeed, seems that my motive for helping him wasn

Like this one time I was helping a guy and after I had helped him, Kreia was questioning my good deed and after I had defended my choice I ended up getting dark side points! Very interesting indeed, seems that my motive for helping him wasn

I haven't fotten her toopen up but I cleared the second planet. I don't know her deal, but I don't trust her especially after something I saw her do to Atton.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

It's not just Kreia, it's all of them. Your party. They are such a conflicted group of people. Winning influence will leave you wondering if you are losing focus of what's important. If you are playing a lightside game like I am then you recognize that you literally are the moral compass for this group. This is not Revan's loyal bunch of unselfish companions who wanted to make a difference. This is a group of "Me- Myself- and I", and  "What's in it for me"

Hmmm. That is going to turn out pretty interesting. I tend to play LS most of the time, so trying to weigh the importance of influencing my party vs saving the galaxy is going to be rough. The true choice is obvious, but the point is that Ill need help to do it. This next statement(after the quote) tells why:

I don't have the game yet, but from what I heard, it is very, very important to have a high awareness, persuade, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma.

Im very seriously thinking about a noncombative PC. As in, put almost all of my points in INT, WIS, & CHA with most of my skill points into Awareness and Persuade. I'll do okay for Force Powers, but combat is going to be tough on me until much later in the game.

Ok after several hours of solid play I decided to come up for air and talk briefly about Kreia and the other people who will be joining your party through the game.

First of all get your full weather coat around Kreia because she is COLD. She has no respect for anyone except you.  She's very disturbed to find herself in the role of teacher. I think she recognizes it as the WILL of the Force and won't walk away from obviously what is a "calling"

There are moments when she can say things that are very wise and profound, then there are other times she can be icy. I get the feeling that the last 5 years HAS BEEN REAL BAD FOR THE JEDI. You have people interested in purchasing Jedi like collector's items on Ebay. The Republic is basically waiting to sneeze it's guts into a tissue paper and lay down and die. There isn't a heck of alot of hope, just a lot of darkness and confusion. If there is hope, then you are that hope because the galaxy has had hope sucked out of it. Real dark times.

It's not just Kreia, it's all of them. Your party. They are such a conflicted group of people. Winning influence will leave you wondering if you are losing focus of what's important. If you are playing a lightside game like I am then you recognize that you literally are the moral compass for this group. This is not Revan's loyal bunch of unselfish companions who wanted to make a difference. This is a group of "Me- Myself- and I", and  "What's in it for me"

Well in Kotor it was generally bad for them already, near all academy Masters and students were wiped out by Malak's attack, and if you played Through as DS then i guess it would be all at dantoine.

Also you have to remember several jedi's was wiped out in the Exar Kun war, about 40years before Revan Era, and the Exar Kun war followed by the mandalorian wars which lead to Revan/Malak Era, so i can understand if some of the Jedi's become quite icy, since you bound to feel it somewhat a hopeless fight and the force may seem to have abandoned the good sake in the universe at least it would be how id feel if i were in their shoes.

Anyone know if Kreia had in connection to the chronicle since it was about 45years ago it could be possible if she is old as she seems?

I think its more the tough love aspect. It might not have been good for the beggar in the long run.

I could agree with that if weren't the argument that Kreia uses. She's not talking about tough love, she's talking about the balance of power and the nature of people vs the nature of the force.

She attaches dark things to every single scenario. Helping people or standing by and doing nothing. She is terribly conflicted and talking out of 2 sides of her mouth in many examples.

A Jedi at fault with charity? With help? With service? I am constantly gaining lightside points and losing influence with her whenever we talk.

It remains to be seen what long term impact this will have on the story.

Don't trust her ya'll. Something's up with her. I dunno what yet, but I'm not letting her out of my sight.

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Don't trust her ya'll. Something's up with her. I dunno what yet, but I'm not letting her out of my sight.

That's for d@mn sure. :thumbsup:"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ehhhh I SO don't trust this woman. She's too snobby and elitist to be a Jedi. She makes Early Bastila look positively warm and caring. Atton may be a scoundrel, but at least I can figure him out. Kreia's on my Kill List if she does anything to betray me. No Speechifying Redemption for her.

That's for d@mn sure. :luck:"

Indeed.

Ehhhh I SO don't trust this woman.  She's too snobby and elitist to be a Jedi.  She makes Early Bastila look positively warm and caring.  Atton may be a scoundrel, but at least I can figure him out.  Kreia's on my Kill List if she does anything to betray me.  No Speechifying Redemption for her.

You think she's bad, wait till you see atris. Now THAT'S snobby. I can't wait to beat her down.... :thumbsup:

Kreia is an enigma, just as all the pro reviewers have been saying for a few days now.  At times she seems all for my darkside acts, and then later will say stuff like "Your brutaility becomes tiring."  If I try to become overly friendly with Atton or others, she will "warn me" not to be to close and not to trust.  Not overly LS if you ask me, yet she will criticize the darkside.  I have a feeling she will end up a lot like Jolee.  The similarities are several:

Crankiness

Mysterious past

Jedi Master

She is interesting.  Though, I must say, Omnifarious, on the republic ship on Peragus when she goes and locks herself in the room with our unwelcomed "guest" (you know who), I had suspicions she wasn't really all that hostile toward this person, and was feigning a bit.  Not a stretch considering the flashback we saw and with her enigmatic behavior.

Kreia seems to be rigidly neutral , she questions my good deeds (I play LS first as it is more my own personality) , tries to create tension among my "friends" , and tells my to use the followers until their usefulness is over. Before seeing her "cutscene move" I thought she was neither Jedi or Sith , but a disicple of the Force. As she seems to hold animosity to either faction equally.

As for getting dark points for good deeds. I believe you get Light points for the deed, but when she asks you about why you keep helping ; you can give a LS or DS answer. You must watch your answer. For example, while in the Irrigation Center I asked the handmaiden many questions and knew I did notihing wrong. But a question a chose next gave me a DS point ( why was I allowed to roam free, when I could kill everyone). I took it as asking why I was allowed to roam, not as a threat. That's real life we see things from our own perspective. :blink:

whats atris like and is she the same person as the white haired woman on the cover?

Does she join your party or just a jedi you meet?

Is she important to the story line?

If shes in your party can you influence her to the darlside?

Is she like bastila or something by that i mean has some amazing power that everyone wants?

If Atris and the white haired woman or not the same person the what is the name of the white haired woman and what is she like and does she join your party? Thanks oh and if any of the answers are considered spoilers then please answer them but use the spoiler tag

Atris is this cool white haired women. No she can't join your party. Go to the spoilers forum if you want to know what her real goals are. :ph34r:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester