Xbox International And PC'ers Gather Around

Its so great having an xbox in america.........ahhhhhh

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Americans may get the game but apparently some people form USA are having buggy games,and the game is out the earilest...if you think about it carefully why do you think the americans got the game first? LOL because they are our testers for buggy a game :blink: (just kidding) poor americans...of course probably most of them are bug free any how.

Americans may get the game but apparently some people form USA are having buggy games,and the game is out the earilest...if you think about it carefully why do you think the americans got the game first? LOL because they are our testers for buggy a game :- (just kidding) poor americans...of course probably most of them are bug free any how.

I like the idea that the American's, for their smugness, are just beta testers.... :nuke:"

LOL.. have you ever played any of LA's games that they themselves have made?.. there's your answer..

i'm not worried.. people complained about framerate issues and bugs when the first one came out.. i didnt have any.. i remain optimistic that it will be the same again this time round..

I remember...A long, long time ago there was a game called Jedi Knight, and that's the last in-house game I remember from LA, after that they switched over to just outsourcing the games. And rightly so, lest we forget the horror that was Force Commander.

OMG!.. you own a nvidia graphics card?.. pfft.. no talking to you..

wait...  i do aswell.. :p

So do I...a GF6800GT >_< Can't wait to see how this'll look at 1600x1200 resolution. The original KotOR looks totally fab, but you can really tell the limitations of the engine at those settings when you compare them to a game like Half-Life 2.

Hmm, now *there's* an interesting idead...a KotOR game based on the Source engine. Bastila would look really good in that, hehe.

LOL.. have you ever played any of LA's games that they themselves have made?.. there's your answer..

i'm not worried.. people complained about framerate issues and bugs when the first one came out.. i didnt have any.. i remain optimistic that it will be the same again this time round..

I don't get it, the reviewers say the graphics look the same in kotor 2 as in kotor? and kotor 1 got game of the year for being such a brilliant game and I agree, but I don't get why the certian silly reviewers are down grading kotor 2's graphics...I mean graphics are great but certian reviewers who review graphics as every thnig can be p*g headed! at times...I mean when I was on duntooine in kotor I really liked that sting ray like creature flying in the sky lol.

I have had framerate issues, and lockups. (though that was after the Xbox had been on for like 14 hours straight, heh). So they could really spend some time ironing that out for the PAL Xbox and PC versions.

It is very noticable when you go into a place like a cantina where there are lots of people and occasionally particle effects(smoke). That can cause the framerate to drop alot.

The reviews I've read say it very simply: The graphics are the same as KotOR. And I'd have to agree; asides from a few tweaks like the new robes, some weather effects, then the game looks just about the same as KotOR did. And KotOR looked good when we first saw it...a year ago. After having seen games like Half-Life 2 and Vampire: Bloodlines, I can't say I'm as impressed with KotOR2's graphics as I was when I first saw KotOR.

And that's no surprise: The engine is more than a year old, and asides from a few tweaks, nothing's been changed in it. Some people will think this lame, I think it just creates a feeling of deja vu. When playing the game (especially Korriban and Dantooine) I found myself constantly getting mental images of how those locales looked in KotOR.

The unfortunate side-effect of some of the extra stuff Obsidian has tried to add on the graphical front is that they tend to bog down the framerate(at least on Xbox). Because it just adds onto the framerate problems of the original KotOR, so KotOR2 has more of them, unfortunately.

Oh, and consider me a die-hard Kotorian ever since the first game was released last year :) I think writing the fic about it is what ultimately sealed my fate, hehe.

LucasArts used to always make their own games. who can forget the Monkey Island games, Xwing, TIE figher, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, X Wing vs TIE, Dark Forces, DF2: Jedi Knight, and many many others. JK2 i think was the first outsouced game they produced. Shame really. They make good games.