Xbox International And PC'ers Gather Around

Hello People, :lol:

(KOTORIAN=Kotor 1 or Kotor 2 follower,fan of the game)

As you may be aware my fellow Kotorians, the American Xboxers now have KOTOR 2 in their hands and are playing it with enjoyment and the rest of us are waiting eagly for the highly awaited KOTOR 2, in the mean time why don't we all gather together and share our kotor 2 excitments around our little camp fire with marsh mallows :p,this forum is for the International Xboxers and US PC'ers and International Pc'ers who have to wait till Feburary 2005(including myself)

(NOTE:American Xboxers may join us around our little kotorian camp fire but no major spoilers aloud and please no PCvsXbox debate,THankyou for your time! :p )

You may discuss any kotorian thing in this thread...

Cheers

:)

Bastilla Skywalker

I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I wonder how many days of work I can shirk off in February to play this game to death...or my death whichever comes first.

Maybe I'll play from K1 again...roughly 100 hours I suppose to finish both games.

WOO!

I am going to probably play kotor again to keep my boredem down. As I come to theses formus every day and see the american xboxers get their hands on the sith lords (they are so lucky) the thing is i have heard there a bugs in the game! by golly I hope it ain't major to make the game freeze.

I want to play kotor again but I want to play lightside Revan and love Bastilla and keep her alive in the game so hopefully I see either Revan or Bastilla again. so i can answer Attons questons about Revan when I see him on peragus.

I keep thinking about the game all the time and am dying to play it.

by the way appparently the american xboxers are having bug problems with their game for the xbox any of you dont think it cuase a big hassle for us do you?

Hopefully the devs will continue working on the PC version instead of shelving it until Feb.

Usually the potential for bugs increases for the PC doesn't it? Since there are different PC configurations and systems.

I personally didn't encounter any fatal bugs in K1. I had the Force Speed bug, but I didn't really mind that since running around some areas was tedious and I usually activiated speed when I fought anyway. If the amount of bugs is kept at this level I won't mind.

Overall the whole game was very stable for me. As for the framerate complaints, hopefully more powerful computers will be able to handle the graphical chug and higher resolutions.

K1 looked pretty good on my Ati Radeon Pro 9500 at 64 MB. I had it on 800x600 resolution with some anti-aliasing and anisotropy and it was pretty smooth. My graphics card company gave me a free upgrade to 9600 pro at 128 MB so hopefully I'll be able to play K2 without any major chugging.

I really want a more powerful graphics card, but I'm trying to lead a simple life style at the moment and I'm saving up money for other purposes so, I guess I'll have to wait. :p

as long as bugs don't interrupt my gaming I will be happy, I will enjoy being "the chosen one" to restore the galaxy to either peace or even more horror, since the galaxy is already in horror I'm going to restore the galaxy to peace by playing the lightside. :ermm:

I'm waiting for the PC version, because if I'm not mistaken, PC and Xbox International versions both come out in Feb 2005? Of course, if both come out at the same, time, it's a no-brainer which one to choose. I'm confident they'll get bugs worked out. What I would like fixed is how mist or smoke just HALTED the framerate (remember Dantooine Kinrath Cave? Gah).

While my faith remains very strong in the sequel, what I find disheartening is that the accursed NAR SHADDAA has been included in it! The abomination of Nar Shaddaa seems to have put its ugly blemish on every good Star Wars game except for KotOR (I express my eternal gratitude). But now it comes back to scar the sequel of a blessedly Nar-Shaddaa-free game. Curses.

No I would prefer not to associate with x-boxers thank you.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think thats a bit harsh and rude  :angry:

:ph34r: Not really. Just the truth. :lol:

Well the good thing about he X-box is the game was released early and I have the game guide in my possesion. All of Kotor 2 secrets are mine. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

as long as bugs don't interrupt my gaming I will be happy, I will enjoy being "the chosen one" to restore the galaxy to either peace or even more horror, since the galaxy is already in horror I'm going to restore the galaxy to peace by playing the lightside. :thumbsup:

This is probably the only saving grace for the wait we are having to endure. Sometimes the delay in releasing to the world allows the developers to fix bugs that are found in the US version

Maybe they should have waited longer to release the US version too and fix those bugs

as long as bugs don't interrupt my gaming I will be happy, I will enjoy being "the chosen one" to restore the galaxy to either peace or even more horror, since the galaxy is already in horror I'm going to restore the galaxy to peace by playing the lightside. ;)

This is probably the only saving grace for the wait we are having to endure. Sometimes the delay in releasing to the world allows the developers to fix bugs that are found in the US version

Maybe they should have waited longer to release the US version too and fix those bugs

I hope you are right. I don't want any bugs that the poor americans have been experincing,I just want a bug free game and hopefully the devs will fix the bugs for the international version, as I truly feel sorry for certian americans having a bugged game lol. I must say waiting is a virtue!

LOL.. have you ever played any of LA's games that they themselves have made?.. there's your answer..

i'm not worried.. people complained about framerate issues and bugs when the first one came out.. i didnt have any.. i remain optimistic that it will be the same again this time round..

I think thats a bit harsh and rude  :angry:

:ph34r: Not really. Just the truth. :rolleyes:

Well the good thing about he X-box is the game was released early and I have the game guide in my possesion. All of Kotor 2 secrets are mine. ;)

It's still harsh and rude. And discrimiatory. Would you like it if someone said "I not going to talk to you becasue you own a cat? or a dog? or a Nvida graphics card? ect ect ect ect...

LOL.. have you ever played any of LA's games that they themselves have made?.. there's your answer..

i'm not worried.. people complained about framerate issues and bugs when the first one came out.. i didnt have any.. i remain optimistic that it will be the same again this time round..

I don't get it, the reviewers say the graphics look the same in kotor 2 as in kotor? and kotor 1 got game of the year for being such a brilliant game and I agree, but I don't get why the certian silly reviewers are down grading kotor 2's graphics...I mean graphics are great but certian reviewers who review graphics as every thnig can be p*g headed! at times...I mean when I was on duntooine in kotor I really liked that sting ray like creature flying in the sky lol.

LA is a publishing company.. they dont care aslong as they get profits.. ;)

Unfortunately this is probably quite close to the truth. I am sure they wanted to hit Xmas season in the US even if the game wasn't quite de-bugged yet

I hope you are right. I don't want any bugs that the poor americans have been experincing,I just want a bug free game and hopefully the devs will fix the bugs for the international version, as I truly feel sorry for certian americans having a bugged game lol. I must say waiting is a virtue!

Well, the Indiana Jones game (xbox) had bugs. Reviewers in the UK didnt seem to report those same bugs, so I am guessing some of them might have been fixed

That doesn't mean that TSL will work out the same way, but I hope it does - at least then the extra 2 month wait will have been worth it...