A PC release on DVD ?

Would you like a DVD release of Kotor:TSL on PC ?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a DVD release of Kotor:TSL on PC ?

• Yes and my PC is equipped with a DVD-Rom.
    • No, even though my PC is equipped with a DVD-rom
    • No because I don't currently own a DVD-Rom.

CD's please, I prefer 5 CD's before a single DVD, the DVD is too easy to damage, is more fragile than a CD

DVDs aren't especially much more damageable than CDs. And surely it's easier to accidentally damage any one (or more) of five CDs than it is to accidentally damage one single DVD?

...Oh, you mean you only ever use CDs 2-5 once for installing and then only take out CD 1 in order to load the game with it? Hmph. Doesn't help if you have to reinstall ;)

*clutches at straws*

Vacuous argument, dammit! The game ought to be on DVD! Because... because I said so! ;):) (w00t) :)"

DVDs aren't especially much more damageable than CDs.  And surely it's easier to accidentally damage any one (or more) of five CDs than it is to accidentally damage one single DVD?

...Oh, you mean you only ever use CDs 2-5 once for installing and then only take out CD 1 in order to load the game with it?  Hmph.  Doesn't help if you have to reinstall :)

You make a good point, and I agree with you.

Though I personally just buy the game then go look for a NO CD-crack and never use my CD's again. I'm on a laptop so having my cd drive spinning alot makes a lot of noise/heat and I generally frown upon it. Unfortunately you have to hunt down no cd-cracks b/c people illegally get games and use them to play them *sigh*

CD's please, I prefer 5 CD's before a single DVD, the DVD is too easy to damage, is more fragile than a CD

I am repeating myself but this is a myth. DVDs have thicker protective layers, a reflective layer independant from the label, a proportionally huge error correction code compare to that of the CD, they can survive being bent with 30 times the strenght of what you can bend a CD, they can survive a lot more heat, they can remain in humid place with much lesser corrosion than the CDs and DVD cases are a lot more protective than CD cases.

The only was DVD are more sensitive than CDs it is to scratches and finger prints. The reason why they are more sensitive to them is because of the size of each bit relatively to the size of a fingerprint or a scratch. Finger prints can be washed, scratches can be prevented and if you can't accept that a DVD should go into their original casing, instead of letting it lay on the basement floor under a pizza box, I might have a trick for you:

If you happen to have a badly scratched DVD you would still like to use, if the damages are no too extreme (let us say you just use an X-acto to cut cardboard over your favorite DVD) as long as the reflective surface is intact you can follow this guide and have it repaired. I repaired CDs and DVDs that were completely unreadable many times because I know a lot people who made it a sport to scratch CDs and DVDs and it worked every times.

Very good poll, probably the most useful I have ever read!

Putting games on DVDs is finally starting up with the Sims 2 and HL2 and I totally agree that this must be done cause changing disks really sucks.

That's very nice to read :devil: Thank you Fearless Jedi.

No problem, I meant every word.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Yeah, but if you damage one of your five CD's your problem is just as big as when you damage your DVD. Plus, the chance that one of your five CD's get's damaged is bigger than the chance of one DVD getting damaged.

Yeah, but if you damage one of your five CD's your problem is just as big as when you damage your DVD. Plus, the chance that one of your five CD's get's damaged is bigger than the chance of one DVD getting damaged.

Maybe Ludozee, but I had more problems with the DVDs than with the CDs.

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

DVD's are more reliable then CD's, I have never had a broken DVD but CD's just stop working after 5 years.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."