Vote Against 1up.com

I know the Spike tv awards are lame, but I got an e-mail today from 1up asking me to vote for them as the best game site on the net. I have no clue why 1up would want a Spike tv award, but they want it none the less. I say we all vote and instead of 1up getting an award they can take a bite out of the Sh*t sandwhich that was their TSL review. Just go to the site and with a click of the mouse vote for anybody but them. Yes it's that simple and you can vote as many times as you wish. :huh:

EDIT: EGM is also up for an award vote against them as well.

Cheers!

SpikeTvAwards

1up.com as I have said is a crap gaming site....they are fruads and the reviwers put down the game of the year Star Wars KOTOR 2 TSL and they would more likely give the cruddiest game on xbox game of the year. the reviewer who ever he was who re-viewed TSL was non either a cruddy PS2 fan who hated Xbox games and RPG and probably was smoking dope up his nostrils.

They have lost a gamer because of their cruddy score for TSL. I used to go there a lot as a gamer but since I saw the review I was shocked and left there forever and I mean it!

KOTOR 2 is the best game ever to come on Xbox and deserves a 10. Obsidian did a marvllous job on TSL and they deserve a pat on the back as for the 1up.com they can go to h*ll

Personally, all things aside, I think they are crummy because they need to ask you to vote for them to even get votes.

And furthermore who's even heard of spiketv? Who would WANT to get voted well on spiketv?

Do you live under a rock? SpikeTV is the 'man network'

This is the second year of their awards show. But last year, Madden '04 won game of the year so, err. :ermm:

Evolutionary Development

"they are fruads and the reviwers put down the game of the year Star Wars KOTOR 2 TSL"

No, they didn't. they gave a lot of praises to the game. Look past the silly score. I mean, OMG, they didn't give it a 9. Boo hoo!

Theya re a solid site as good as any other. Theya ren't my fave site though; but I might vote FOR them just to spite all the whiners on this board.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KOTOR 2 is the best game ever to come on Xbox and deserves a 10. Obsidian did a marvllous job on TSL and they deserve a pat on the back as for the 1up.com they can go to h*ll

So it already arrived in Australia then (unless you're pulling facts out of your ass and haven't even played it yet)? I thought the rest of the world had to wait until February 2005 to get it..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Why not just get non-gamers to review them?"

Is this a joke?

Sort of. It's a serious comment w/ a humorous twist. Of course, that wouldn't work. And. of course, we'll never get completely fair reviews. That's where the sarcasm comes in.

On the other hand(I have different fingers).....if you could pay someone/persuade them to do it, then they would probably be a bit more fair simply b/c they wouldn't have any preference toward games or particular consoles. That would pronably be more harsh, but more fair.

Personally, all things aside, I think they are crummy because they need to ask you to vote for them to even get votes.

And furthermore who's even heard of spiketv? Who would WANT to get voted well on spiketv?

I have, network for men, i love MXC! :D

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Spike TV, formerly the New TNN, has some good shows (MXC), but their video game award show sucked last year. It was supposed to be cool because of instead of going about drawing out the announcement of who won each category, they just said the category and then the winner. So they filled up the rest of the two hours with untalented "musicians," because listening to random people scream about random stuff and call it music is so much more entertaining than actually hearing about the games they should be talking about. It was pathetic.

An award from Spike isn't exactly prestigous, begging for votes for an award is sad, and begging for votes for an award from Spike is down right pathetic.

Frankly, I don't think the 1up review was very fair, and the score didn't seem to match it either. They spent half their time complaining about the minor technical issues and how it's not really better than KOTOR 1, then spent the second have talking about how it's better than KOTOR 1. It wasn't so much a review as a half compare and contrast, half complaining about the graphics, article.

"In case you didn't know nothing less than 80 is good."

Really? Tell that to others? i RATED nwn oc 75% and am rumoured to be a NWN fanboy.

And, no, you are wrong. 75 is good. Only if youa re so skewered where only 80+ is considered "good" do you have no clue.

1up is a great review site. Just as good as most others to be sure.

"since last year Madden 2004 won game of the year."

Madden 2004 is a great game. It's a worthy winner.

Madden 2004 is a great game. It's a worthy winner.

Yes, it's a good game, but probably not the best of 2003. I did a quick check on www.gamerankings.com and there are 20-25 games that are ranked higher than Madden on that list. Since Gamerankings list is based off of at least 10 different reviews for each and every title (noticed that KotOR averaged 94% from 43 different reviews! amazing..) I would trust it a little more than SpikeTV. But to each his own.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Perhaps. But, it's Spikes Game of the Year Awards; not Gamerankings' Game of the Year Awards.

I never said I'd have given Madden 2004 the award (I'd have given it to KOTOR myself); but I can see why Madden 2004 could win it.