KOTOR2

i just got the game earlier and so far its great...many of us have the game but for the rest who havnt i just wanted to say that its great so far and im still on peragus..i looked forward to this game for so long and obsidian did a great job on it...thanks obsidian

Please feel free to add more spoiler-free impressions of the game the further you progress through the game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Got the game today at about 1 PM. I have been playing it almost nonstop since (about 9 or 10 hours).

It took me about 4 or 4 1/2 hours to get off Peragus (after I did a little bumbling on one part). I explored everything very thoroughly though.

I am just rambling here with no outline and I wont give away any plot spoilers.

Impressions:

Peragus is dark, yet the graphics are pretty nice. I don't see how anyone could give the graphics a 6! I have played Halo 2 etc.. and I just don't see THAT big of a difference -- some difference yes, but not 4 points worth! The graphics are slightly improved over the 1st game and are perfectly OK with me. Some of the backgrounds are very impressive, especially outside of Peragus and on Telos.

Kreia you meet on Peragus, even though she was on the Ebon Hawk with you. She is a mysterious character and your mind will sort of run wild with speculation as to her origins and her intentions. Your enemies on Peragus are primarily battle droids and Sith assassins who utilize stealth generators. T-3 will be utilized, and he does come in handy. Everyone has different strong points, which adds a little variety to the game. You can use to turrets on the Ebon Hawk to actually shoot Sith troopers. That is pretty cool.

Atton you meet on Peragus too, and he and Kreia are at odds. Very much like how Canderous and Bastilla were.

The Ebon Hawk looks exactly the same except that you can actually see it traveling through hyperspace while inside it (travel between planets is not always instantaneous, you do sometimes have small waits) If you have ever seen the movie "Contact" when Jodie Foster travels through the wormhole, that is what it looks like while sitting in the ****pit.

The Sith are after you, you are very important and Kreia says the galaxy' fate is entwined with your fate. Why? I don't yet know. As for Kreia's hand, let's say she has both hands at one point, but doesn't at others. :huh: Kreia has long expositions and rants on the history of the galaxy since your onset of amnesia.

Hk-47 and HK-50 are both in the game early, one is malfunctional, the other is, well, hovering around you for reasons I can't say.

Carth makes an appearance early, doing what I wont say, but he does know what is going on and seems to know a lot more than you do. He is not part of your party though and you don't really get a chance to pick his brain for info.

Telos is very cool. It is a lot like Taris except it appears a little larger and more "hi-tech." Swoop racing and pazaak make returns, both are dramatically improved. Swoop racing actually has vertical obstacles you have to jump over, and pazaak is a lot faster and the turns rotate to make it more fair. There also appears to be a lot more chances for side quests on Telos than I remember in the first game.

The workbenches are much improved, as you have medical benches for making medpacs etc.. and you have the utility benches for weapons and misc. stuff. You can break down existing items you don't need and make different items. Often you will find "parts" and "chemicals" in bins instead of specific items. This gives you much more freedom in chosing what it is you want to create.

The load times appear about 3 or 4 seconds longer but there are FEWER of them imo. I don't recall the vexing load and reload every 30 seconds like you might find on Manaan for example.

You are asked early on by Atton what happened to Revan after the Civil War and you can either say he was light side and for the republic or that he came back to rule the Sith. I liked both stories, so I just said "I don't know" and took the default setting. I have a feeling the default is Revan being lightside, though I don't know for sure.

On Telos your hideout has a phone that will ring. You can answer it or choose not to. Who is calling I wont go into, but there are a couple of different folks with different offers and things to do.

I have only made it through Peragus and am about half way through Telos. So far the game has been everything I expected and more. The story line, though probably not having the major twist, is deeper and a LOT more complex imo. I really like what I have seen out of the writing so far.

Any non-game owners: if you have questions I will try to answer them provided

that they aren't too spoilerific.

Later..

On Telos your hideout has a phone that will ring.  You can answer it or choose not to.  Who is calling I wont go into, but there are a couple of different folks with different offers and things to do.

Please tell me it's something more akin to a holonet receiver with faces and such? Not a 'phone' phone? Because the latter would be ridiculously silly in SW :p:)

Have the game. Would have posted sooner, but I have been too busy playing it! It starts out kind of slow, but I'm only five hours into it and it really has me on the edge of me seat! I love it! Gamespot need to get thier eyes checked if they think this is 9.3 material! And while at first I thought Atton Rand was stupid, and gay, I now find myself laughing at almost everyone of his dialouge options! He isn't like Carth at all. He is funny but in a very sarcastic way! I'm also starting to get to know Kriea a lot better and I'll just say, one of the cutscenes you get (flashback) is VERY entertaining! Really cool! I just got on the surface of Telos and met Bao-Dur, but I can't play all night (even though I want to) so I'm done for the night! Can't wait to pick back up! (w00t)

My hats off to Obsidian ALREADY.....I'll most likely be kissing the ground you walk on by games end! :p

Gwaaarhghgh... <-- that was a Homer Simpson gurgle, when he thinks of donuts.

I envy tou so much i want to cry. But i won't do that, i'll just whimper instead.

Thanks all of you for the info. But Thastius, it would be appreiacetd if you could have a little less spoilers. You didn't have many, but there were some.

Anyway thanks again :p

Nice impression from everyone, i would like to hear more when you've completed the game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Got the game today at about 1 PM.  I have been playing it almost nonstop since (about 9 or 10 hours). 

It took me about 4 or 4 1/2 hours to get off Peragus (after I did a little bumbling on one part).  I explored everything very thoroughly though.

I am just rambling here with no outline and I wont give away any plot spoilers.

Impressions:

Peragus is dark, yet the graphics are pretty nice.  I don't see how anyone could give the graphics a 6!  I have played Halo 2 etc.. and I just don't see THAT big of a difference -- some difference yes, but not 4 points worth!  The graphics are slightly improved over the 1st game and are perfectly OK with me.  Some of the backgrounds are very impressive, especially outside of Peragus and on Telos.

Kreia you meet on Peragus, even though she was on the Ebon Hawk with you.  She is a mysterious character and your mind will sort of run wild with speculation as to her origins and her intentions.  Your enemies on Peragus are primarily battle droids and Sith assassins who utilize stealth generators.  T-3 will be utilized, and he does come in handy.  Everyone has different strong points, which adds a little variety to the game.  You can use to turrets on the Ebon Hawk to actually shoot Sith troopers.  That is pretty cool. 

Atton you meet on Peragus too, and he and Kreia are at odds.  Very much like how Canderous and Bastilla were.

The Ebon Hawk looks exactly the same except that you can actually see it traveling through hyperspace while inside it (travel between planets is not always instantaneous, you do sometimes have small waits)  If you have ever seen the movie "Contact" when Jodie Foster travels through the wormhole, that is what it looks like while sitting in the ****pit.

The Sith are after you, you are very important and Kreia says the galaxy' fate is entwined with your fate.  Why?  I don't yet know.  As for Kreia's hand, let's say she has both hands at one point, but doesn't at others. :lol: Kreia has long expositions and rants on the history of the galaxy since your onset of amnesia.

Hk-47 and HK-50 are both in the game early, one is malfunctional, the other is, well, hovering around you for reasons I can't say.

Carth makes an appearance early, doing what I wont say, but he does know what is going on and seems to know a lot more than you do.  He is not part of your party though and you don't really get a chance to pick his brain for info.

Telos is very cool.  It is a lot like Taris except it appears a little larger and more "hi-tech."  Swoop racing and pazaak make returns, both are dramatically improved.  Swoop racing actually has vertical obstacles you have to jump over, and pazaak is a lot faster and the turns rotate to make it more fair.  There also appears to be a lot more chances for side quests on Telos than I remember in the first game.

The workbenches are much improved, as you have medical benches for making medpacs etc.. and you have the utility benches for weapons and misc. stuff.  You can break down existing items you don't need and make different items.  Often you will find "parts" and "chemicals" in bins instead of specific items.  This gives you much more freedom in chosing what it is you want to create.

The load times appear about 3 or 4 seconds longer but there are FEWER of them imo.  I don't recall the vexing load and reload every 30 seconds like you might find on Manaan for example.

You are asked early on by Atton what happened to Revan after the Civil War and you can either say he was light side and for the republic or that he came back to rule the Sith.  I liked both stories, so I just said "I don't know" and took the default setting.  I have a feeling the default is Revan being lightside, though I don't know for sure.

On Telos your hideout has a phone that will ring.  You can answer it or choose not to.  Who is calling I wont go into, but there are a couple of different folks with different offers and things to do.

I have only made it through Peragus and am about half way through Telos.  So far the game has been everything I expected and more.  The story line, though probably not having the major twist, is deeper and a LOT more complex imo.  I really like what I have seen out of the writing so far.

Any non-game owners: if you have questions I will try to answer them provided

that they aren't too spoilerific.

Later..

Carth was in your game?! :thumbsup: I KNEW I shouldnt have said revan was a darkside female. He won' show up in this case pparently. *sigh* Well I've met Atris so if anyone has and questions pm me.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Guest Fallen Jedi

How 'bout the Ebon Hawk? Does it have multible benches (utility,medical etc.) or just one that can be used for everything?

And about crew: Do they act like they're doing something in the Hawk or are they just standing still?

Please tell me it's something more akin to a holonet receiver with faces and such? Not a 'phone' phone? Because the latter would be ridiculously silly in SW

It is a holonet. I Was in a hurry. It does *ring* though! :-

Ah :)

That sounds better then. It would have to make some kind of noise when a message came in live, after all :D

*whews*

Kazic, are you SURE you haven't seen Carth's face or heard his voice on Peragus yet?

He appeared in my game in a cut scene.

As for letting the Carth thing outta the bag, sorry, but I was under the impression that everyone here already knew. It has been talked about on this board well before Dec. 6th. I thought it was common knowledge he made a cameo.

You can also get armor in this game that does not restrict force powers. Some does, and some doesn't. There are also a lot more work benches laying around too, as compared to say, Taris in the first game when your only workbench was in your hideout.

Tasthius, would you be willing to comment briefly (and non-spoilerifically :huh: ) on how you feel the Light Side options are unfolding so far? Keeping in mind and accepting the comparative darkness of the game, do you feel the 'heroic' choices are still satisfying?

Tasthius, would you be willing to comment briefly (and non-spoilerifically  ) on how you feel the Light Side options are unfolding so far? Keeping in mind and accepting the comparative darkness of the game, do you feel the 'heroic' choices are still satisfying?

I am typically a DS player, but I find it more difficult to succumb to the DS in this game. Yes, being a hero has definite advantages over being a heel, it seems to me. Obsidian did a good job with balancing the two sides out.

Kazic, are you SURE you haven't seen Carth's face or heard his voice on Peragus yet?

He appeared in my game in a cut scene.

As for letting the Carth thing outta the bag, sorry, but I was under the impression that everyone here already knew.  It has been talked about on this board well before Dec. 6th.  I thought it was common knowledge he made a cameo.

I can't get him because I said revan wa sa ds female. Revan killed carth if she wa sa ds female. Therefore, he didn't show up. I've now met atris, seen nil, have canserous, visas marr, bao dur, atton, kreia, t3, hk's body and 2 of his parts and , am working o mira and the wookie. This game rocks.

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

A couple aswers to questions posed here....

First off there is a work bench but no lab on the Ebon Hawk, and the NPCs do appear to be busy this time-whether its T3 fixing the ship or Kreia simply meditating.

I'm playing a lightsiders and it's very cool.The game's atmosphere is very dark, but that makes it somewhat more fulfilling.The light in the darkness sort of feeling.

...canserous, visas marr, bao dur, atton, kreia, t3, hk's body and 2 of his parts and , am working o mira and the wookie. This game rocks.

You mean Canderous, right? Or is he sick? :( Glad to hear you're enjoying the game.

I'm playing a lightsiders and it's very cool.The game's atmosphere is very dark, but that makes it somewhat more fulfilling.The light in the darkness sort of feeling.

Awesome. That's a good feeling, and the game being able to bring that out in you is cool.

Kazic did you mean canderous or Mandalore or both?

Ahem. :thumbsup:" Pm me if you want to know the answer to that question.