new croincle

Part IX: Darth Revan Rising

Time frame: 3,963 B.B.Y.

Period name: Knights of the Old Republic

It is a period of turmoil in the Galaxy. The fierce Mandalorian warrior race begins the MANDALORIAN WAR by viciously and simultaneously attacking three quadrants of Republic space. As the battle rages on, Jedi Master REVAN moves surreptitiously between unknown sectors, scouting for potential strongholds to withstand the attacks. He soon discovers the shadowy Malachor V, a planet listed by Mandalorian scholars as "forbidden" to step foot on. The reason for this soon becomes clear as Revan is almost devoured by primal Sith forces on the world's surface. Revan's will allows him to feed on (and not be consumed by) the power of the dark side. Revan develops an evil but brilliant plan: Using the dark power of Malachor V, he will seduce an army of Jedi, completely loyal to him alone. He will then turn the planet's evil power against the Mandalorian army in battle, luring them to his stronghold and destroying them completely. A stronghold is immediately constructed.

Meanwhile on Dantooine, the small Jedi academy overseen by Master Vodo-Siosk Baas is shocked to learn that a lone Jedi Padawan has disobeyed a direct order from Jedi Master ATRIS, a prominent Jedi on the Council. This single student has left behind the relative safety of the training grounds to fight alongside the Jedi loyal to Master Revan. But this young one, like the other Jedi brethren, is unaware of the tremendous dark side power wielded by Revan and the terrible secrets of Malachor V. Revan's power continues to grow, and he secretly strengthens his stronghold, hiding it even from his apprentice, DARTHMALAK. Soon, the evil force infecting the planet became the FORGE for Darth Revan's shock troops; the feared SITH ASSASSINS - fallen Jedi, tempted and cajoled by the evil of Malachor V, and under Revan's evil command. Soon, a shadow academy to the one on Korriban is constructed; and an evil enclave mirroring the Jedi academy on Dantooine is complete.

Finally a chronicle with some new info.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

He... They should take lessons from bioware on how to write gender-neutral about Revan, last I played she was quite clearly female. :rolleyes:

This chronicle entry also seems to contradict the story in KotOR(1) a bit, where you never get the impression that Revan was a jedi master, but rather a young knight who defied the Council to join the Republic war effort against the Mandalorians.

"Charismatic and powerful, it was inevitable many of the Order would flock to Revan's seemingly noble cause", as one of the masters at the Dantooine academy tells you, also sounds like a lot more than "a lone Jedi Padawan" that the chronicles mentions defies the Council and joins Revan.

So Malachor isn't a Mandalorian planet. The UK Xbox Mag was wrong. Interesting info though. Kinda makes the Mandalorians seem even more awesome. Only the power of the Sith could be used to defeat them.

Well this answers why Malachor V doesn't have any info for the main site. I was wondering last night why Obsidian didn't put the Mandalorian Planet up on the site, now I know. Malachor must be where it all ends.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

has anyone thought from the chronicle that you are this jedi who defied Atris, making her your former master?

I think that the chronicle is hinting it quite obviously.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I guess "a lone Jedi Padawan" refers to our yet nameless PC from KotOR2.

But why is FORGE written in capital letters?

Vodo-Siosk Baas? Hasn't he been killed by Exar Kun several years ago?

Is it only me or do some points of the story don't make sense altogether?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

What is this blasphemy? Revan was quite certainly female! ;)

Oh, and she was a Jedi Knight as well. Under master. . .Vrook? No, one of the other masters. Twi'lek man. Yeah.

Fnord.

Clearly someone hasn't mastered the copy-paste-technique.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

It's interesting to me that this suggests that Revan wasn't rotted before she left Dantooine. She just was trying to do the right thing, investigated something, and was overwhelemd by the power of the darkside.

I almost feel sorry for her. <_< Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, it suggests that Revan wasn't really "bad" at that point. Just wanted loyal troops and some way to easily kill the Mandies without too much blood being wasted. Hrm. Then again, in Star Wars using your powers to complete tasks without having the wisdom to think them through means that you're being lured to use your powers for trivial things. Oooh, my head hurts.

GhostofAnakin, you're exactly the person who I would expect to be interested in Atris. Pity you have to wait a while to find out if she's interested in you, eh? ;)

Fnord.

It's interesting to me that this suggests that Revan wasn't rotted before she left Dantooine. She just was trying to do the right thing, investigated something, and was overwhelemd by the power of the darkside.

I almost feel sorry for her.  <_<

GhostofAnakin, you're exactly the person who I would expect to be interested in Atris. Pity you have to wait a while to find out if she's interested in you, eh?  ;)

That was rather uncalled for. :-

ps. Revan is a "he" :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That was rather uncalled for.  ;)

ps. Revan is a "he"  :-

Haha! Feel the burn! Fear my womanly power!

No, no. My Revan was clearly female. There are, as you may recall, certain "traits" that makes women women. Some men get these, but they are generally shunned in public and get surgery.

Revan clearly had these marks. And a dark lord (would it be lady?) of the sith doesn't have genetic deformities. Just a horrible headache with a side of amnesia.

Fnord.

No, no. My Revan was clearly female. There are, as you may recall, certain "traits" that makes women women. Some men get these, but they are generally shunned in public and get surgery.

Revan clearly had these marks. And a dark lord (would it be lady?) of the sith doesn't have genetic deformities. Just a horrible headache with a side of amnesia.

Really? I didn't think Revan nagged that much. ;)"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That was rather uncalled for.  ;)

ps. Revan is a "he"  :-

Haha! Feel the burn! Fear my womanly power!

I guess people really only see what they want to see.

Anyway didn't Nur Ab Sul say something about Revan being listed as a guy on the "Offical Star Wars Database"? :p

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This just sucks. First seeing Revan's fate in the Kotor 2 guide (Yeah I boughtthe guide. ;) ) and now this damned chronicle. I was writing the backstory of Revan. Not any more I guess. I'll just turn this person into my own character and different story and see if I can get it published.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester