1up gives it a 7.5!!

They do not know greatness when they see it.

Death to them all.

DONT RELY ON REVIEWS

RELY ON SELF-JUDGMENT

Take these words to heart.

What a bunch of idiots!  and we thought that the gamespot review was bad! and there so stupid they even said that Bioware is developing the game

If they said that, then I wouldn't call it a credible website

Death to them all.

DONT RELY ON REVIEWS

RELY ON SELF-JUDGMENT

What a bunch of idiots!  and we thought that the gamespot review was bad! and there so stupid they even said that Bioware is developing the game

I agree with you

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Death to them all.

DONT RELY ON REVIEWS

RELY ON SELF-JUDGMENT

I agree with you

I agree with agreeing with you! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I think this is the first review that I'll actually state the reviewer seems to have no grasp of what he's reviewing.

Based on his own points, he seems to lack a fundamental understanding of why the choices you're given should affect the game world.

Is this guy a "professional" reviewer? His comments (and grammar) are more akin to something you'd see on a message board, rather than what you'd come to expect from someone whose job it is to review games on a daily basis.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Death to them all.

DONT RELY ON REVIEWS

RELY ON SELF-JUDGMENT

I agree with you

I agree with agreeing with you! :D

Good, you should.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

What a dumbass!

He raves about the dialogue, the story, the characters. He likes the influence system and describes how crucial it is. He describes that your choices and dialogue affect each planet you visit which in turn affect the galaxy - and he is not impressed?!? How many games give you that kind of power and control over the game direction? I can't think of any.

Though the things he lists seem to be great improvements over the original, he can't get past the graphics engine issue. He writes a whole page about how great the game is, save for 2 sentences about graphics problems, and yet gives it a 7.5.

To use the words from my favorite Simpson's character: worst review ever.

1UP did say this though:

"Once you're past the actual game parts of the game, though, Obsidian has done quite an impressive job in surpassing Bioware with all the parts of KOTOR that people liked in the first place. The moral choices are weightier, the characters are better drawn, the dialogue is sharper, and the plot is more coherent and less predictable. Even the voice acting, though still a little tiresome -- more due to quantity than quality; there comes a point where you want anyone not playing an active role in the story to just shut up -- is improved, as is evident when you listen to Bao-Dur or Atton talk. "

So if you like the battle system and don't mind the loading times, you're gonna like it. I just got the game and I'm about 4 hours in. I thought the most snipey review I've read so far was Gamespot. The loading times are a little tiresome and the art is a little whatever but it's still KOTOR. I got chills when I saw the crawl. The music is nice. So far I think the voice acting is out-of-this-world. Atton is awesome! Whoever said he's like Carth is freakin nuts. He sounds like a young Harrison Ford but really he's a new character. Obsidian did a great job making him into a real character instead of simply a Han Solo wannabe. Kreia is amazing! Stop worrying and GET THIS GAME! :D

To use the words from my favorite Simpson's character: worst review ever.

No, the worst review ever is this:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/gothic-ii/6393p1.html?fromint=1

Trust me on this one. Compare the reader reviews average score to the one set by the reviewer.. I hate Gamespy. We'll see at the end of the week what they'll give KotOR2.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Unfourtunately, this is the sort of thing I expect to see more of. The gaming world is dumbing down and becoming more and more graphically oriented. If it looks new and eye catching we review high. If its something we've seen before we review low. "Story? Oh yeah, that. Uhhm hey, did you see the killer graphics on GTA?" <_<

I almost forgot.

The moral choices are weightier, the characters are better drawn, the dialogue is sharper, and the plot is more coherent and less predictable. Even the voice acting, though still a little tiresome -- more due to quantity than quality

Too much voice acting???? Whats this guy looking for? GAH!

All the hallmarks of an expansion pack are there, after all: new content using the same graphics engine and battle system, created as a side project by another developer while the original creators work on a real follow-up.

wtf is this guy talking about? is Bioware developing KOTOR3? NO

(unless it's the unannouced xbox next launch title aka "Star Citadel..." but that's a stretch, and completely unconfirmed. I actually just made that up. Right now.)

and the same graphics engine that's like watching a car crash.

I must be getting old. It looks fine to me. Oh, I forgot...HALF-LIFE 2 OMGZ

Bioware developing it? Oh, I love gaming journalism. :rolleyes:

No, the worst review ever is this:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/gothic-ii/6393p1.html?fromint=1

Trust me on this one. Compare the reader reviews average score to the one set by the reviewer.. I hate Gamespy. We'll see at the end of the week what they'll give KotOR2.

I've been looking into Gothic II lately and it sounds exactly the kind of game that I'd love. I don't know why I missed it when it came out.

I think a lot of people just don't get it when it comes to a good RPG.

Even the voice acting, though still a little tiresome -- more due to quantity than quality; there comes a point where you want anyone not playing an active role in the story to just shut up -- is improved, as is evident when you listen to Bao-Dur or Atton talk.

Sounds like he's attention deficit or something. Can't handle too much conversation.

Net shift:
dumb ass gain.

Lots of crying in this thread. Poor little KOTOR2 has one review with a 7.5 and people are whining like someone squashed their precious toys. The reviewer, btw, knows full well, that Obsidian developed the game. Did you guys actually read the review or did you skip the meat of it because you fainted at the "low" score and saw the silly headline that says Developer: Bioware which is probably just some silly mistake.

As evidence that the guy knows what he's tlaking about in this regard:

1. "created as a side project by another developer while the original creators work on a real follow-up."

2. "When they were known as Black Isle, Obsidian's"

3. "Obsidian has done quite an impressive job in surpassing Bioware with all the parts of KOTOR that people liked in the first place."

How can ANYONE read the review and then be dumbe nough to claim that the author doesn't know who's devloping it? Weird. Sure, they make a complete 100% guess in BIO making KOTOR3; but to say they don't know who is developing the game is stupid.

The review - the meat of it - is solid. In fact, reading the review makes one (at least me) want to play as accoridng to the reviewer the game is 'deeper'.

Please don't be shallow and cry because the game didn't get another lame 90%+. Geez..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What an odd review.

First, the reviewer seems to lack general info prior to trying the game out. Second, he adresses the bugs like framerate and graphics that are below industry-standard, which is understandable. Third, he likes the rest: excellent music, voiceacting, story, characters and so on, hinting that gameplay is king. But then the low score, atleast from reading the Gamespot review, you knew that the score wouldn't be that high.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Never heard of 1up. Says a lot for them.

I think they're the online branch of EGM magazine.

Err...riiiight....yeah..them..sure! now I know who they are :rolleyes:' *sarcasm*

Unfourtunately, this is the sort of thing I expect to see more of. The gaming world is dumbing down and becoming more and more graphically oriented. If it looks new and eye catching we review high. If its something we've seen before we review low. "Story? Oh yeah, that. Uhhm hey, did you see the killer graphics on GTA?"

Hit the nail on the head there.

I cant believe people would give a game that has so much ground braking material in terms of more human characters, difficult choices and influence over those around you and how your choices affect everyone such a low score, claiming that its graphics are somehow subpar.

I dont know about any of you but KOTOR and KOTOR 2's graphics seem on par if not better than most of today's games. I just cant see how somone can give KOTOR 2 a 6/10 in the graphics department (Gamespot), especially when it uses the exact same engine as the original.

Where are the reviewers that love the "if it aint broke dont fix it" philosophy? Obviously (still speaking about the gamespot reviewer) since he made a false statement in the very first paragraph saying that your character "lost his memory" and "is trying to find out why he was exiled", he cant be too credible either in my mind if he doesnt understand the basic plot of the story for the love of mike...

7.5? thats ludicrous. As I insinuated above, I have never heard of 1up in my entire life before and I can't exactly lend my rational opinion to a site that is under the impression that this game was developed by Bioware :lol:

"As I insinouated above, I have never heard of 1up in my entire life before and I can't exactly lend my rational opinion to a site that is under the impression that this game was developed by Bioware"

Don't judge a review until you read it. It is obvious you did not read it.

"7.5?"

Yeah, because they dared to give the game a "low" score. Hahahaha. 7.5 is not that bad unless youa re so worried that iKOTOR sin't getting 9 9.5 9 9 9 8.5 9 9 9.8 9 9 8.3 across the baord.

Hahaha.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hey, two devs are browsing this thread. Care to voice your opinion?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy