1up gives it a 7.5!!

"Hey, two devs are browsing this thread. Care to voice your opinion?"

LOL You spying on them? :rolleyes:"

Or maybe he just looked at the bottom of the page where it shows everyone browsing this thread. :lol:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Hey, two devs are browsing this thread. Care to voice your opinion?"

LOL You spying on them? :lol:"

...as much as i spy on you :rolleyes:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Or maybe he just looked at the bottom of the page where it shows everyone browsing this thread."

WOW! I did not know that. In all my time here I did not know that. thank you so very much. You are my saviour, Ghost for sharing that very valauble information. :)

P.S. I'm not being sarcastic either. I did *not* know that. :">

"as much as i spy on you"

I hope you liked me in my brown Krusty the Klown underwear. :luck:

P.S.S. Ghostie, I did lie. :rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm still waiting for one of the devs to tear into one of the reviewers. That'd be worth the price of admission seeing one of the devs go postal. :D

ps. Volourn didn't know about the names at the bottom of the thread. *points and laughs* ya n00b. :rolleyes:

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"I'm still waiting for one of the devs to tear into one of the reviewers. That'd be worth the price of admission seeing one of the devs go postal."

Yeah, I'd like to but only if it was justified. While none of the reviews have been perfect; none of them would deserve a "ripping".

"Volourn didn't know about the names at the bottom of the thread. *points and laughs* ya n00b."

Heh. As my post count illustrates, I have better things to do with my time here on the baords than spying on others. :rolleyes:

Well nice to know. According to the reviewer, Bioware is currently working on the followup to the game :rolleyes:

I would say, there is some credibility problems somewhere in that text...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Never heard of 1up. Says a lot for them.

I think they're the online branch of EGM magazine.

Yer, they are... they gave it a glittering preview around the time that it was announced as well, lol. I'm not gonna take any review seriousely until PC Gamer (who are gods) do one- coz quite frankly it seems to me that a few of these internet reviewers aren't interested in the game at all and are a bit miffed at having to play that instead of Half Life 2 or sumthing. No pride in their work.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Well nice to know. According to the reviewer, Bioware is currently working on the followup to the game  :rolleyes:

I would say, there is some credibility problems somewhere in that text...

Actually, as Volourn pointed out, the only time the review mentions Bioware is at the top of the screen. The review itself doesn't confuse Obsidian with Bioware.

"Actually, as Volourn pointed out, the only time the review mentions Bioware is at the top of the screen. The review itself doesn't confuse Obsidian with Bioware. "

Um.. Buzz. the reviewer does say in some silly quip that BIo is working on the sequel to the sequel. It's probably the only part of the review that irks me as well.

Um.. Buzz. the reviewer does say in some silly quip that BIo is working on the sequel to the sequel. It's probably the only part of the review that irks me as well.

Is that what he meant? That paragraph (or how he worded it) confused me. I thought he meant to imply that Obsidian worked on the sequel to Bioware's game. I didn't infer from his comments that he meant that Bioware is now working on a third installment.

What else would he mean by "working on a real follow up"? Remember, in that paragraph he's whining about how KOTOR2 is just an "expansion" not an actuals equel 'cause of the "sameness".

What else would he mean by "working on a real follow up"? Remember, in that paragraph he's whining about how KOTOR2 is just an "expansion" not an actuals equel 'cause of the  "sameness".

Pretty much how I interpreted that part too, yes :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What else would he mean by "working on a real follow up"? Remember, in that paragraph he's whining about how KOTOR2 is just an "expansion" not an actuals equel 'cause of the  "sameness".

Pretty much how I interpreted that part too, yes :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just re-read that part. In other words, that paragraph was a rather weird thing to add to the review unless a)he knows something the rest of us don't or b)he's just a confused person who doesn't know what he's trying to say.

Or c) He's not happy about the 'sameness" of the game and its his "tongue in cheek" way of complaining about it.

Or d) He likes to confuse people.

Or e) He likes to get people's hopes up for a 3rd KOTOR just toc rush their dreams to bits.

See, whetehr you like the review or not; you gotta admit he knows how to include options!

Don't judge a review until you read it. It is obvious you did not read it.

Its also obvious you didn't read my post, although I do appreciate the input! I never stated the reviewer was mistaken. He was right on in terms on knowing that it was Obsidian that developed KOTOR 2, as you pointed out correctly numerous times. I did however say that the "site" was mistaken by putting up in bright red letters next to the "Developer" Bioware. Seeing that at the top immediately makes me say "Huh?" and certainly makes one question the credibility of the site in question. It is a silly mistake, but a pretty dumb one in my book.

And yes, I did read the review, and I didn't agree with it for the reasons I stated.

Lots of crying in this thread. Poor little KOTOR2 has one review with a 7.5 and people are whining like someone squashed their precious toys. The reviewer, btw, knows full well, that Obsidian developed the game. Did you guys actually read the review or did you skip the meat of it because you fainted at the "low" score and saw the silly headline that says Developer: Bioware which is probably just some silly mistake.

As evidence that the guy knows what he's tlaking about in this regard:

1. "created as a side project by another developer while the original creators work on a real follow-up."

2. "When they were known as Black Isle, Obsidian's"

3. "Obsidian has done quite an impressive job in surpassing Bioware with all the parts of KOTOR that people liked in the first place."

How can ANYONE read the review and then be dumbe nough to claim that the author doesn't know who's devloping it? Weird. Sure, they make a complete 100% guess in BIO making KOTOR3; but to say they don't know who is developing the game is stupid.

The review - the meat of it - is solid. In fact, reading the review makes one (at least me) want to play as accoridng to the reviewer the game is 'deeper'.

Please don't be shallow and cry because the game didn't get another lame 90%+. Geez..

Of course you're entitled to your opinion but that post sounded like the "cry about the crying" type. I could say the same thing comparing you to "a poor baby crying because the other poor babys are crying about getting their toys crushed".

Its a forum, some folks disagreed with the score the game got and they posted. Doesn't mean it's necessarily whining.

"the hallmarks of an expansion pack are there, after all: new content using the same graphics engine and battle system, created as a side project by another developer while the original creators work on a real follow-up."

In the first paragraph, my good friends. I'm sorry. ;)

Fnord.

In one of the paragraphs the reviewer says "There are new feats and powers, but you can do fine without them" What, does this guy want a feat called Jedi Supremacy that gives you 1000 vitality points? The new feats and powers are not supposed to be a replacement set that you need to win the game, they are supposed to be added choices! At least that's what I thought.

1up.com is now another s***ing web site who have done a even more bigger mistake then game spot,1up and game spot are on my worst gaming site lists ever!....they cant even judge a brilliant game at all. and I am scrubbing them off my favourites list....and any other gaming site who gives KOTOR 2 less the 9.0 s**k period!

KOTOR 2 is a 9.2 game

1up.com is now another s***ing web site who have done a even more bigger mistake then game spot,1up and game spot are on my worst gaming site lists ever!....they cant even judge a brilliant game at all.

KOTOR 2 is a 9.2 game

obviously you haven't seen the christian run game reviewing site, man thats the worst gaming site, funniest but definatley worst! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

His games collection doesn't exactly seem very extensive to be doing this kind of review.

Barbie Horse Adventures?? wtf? :-

I notice they also changed the developer at the top of the review.

thats one of the worst reviews i have read.. it was as if the guy hadnt even played the game.. seems as if he just copied from other previews and reviews.. with his short and mildly vague, grammatical nightmare of a review..

This guy is better off going back to playing barbie games..

Its a forum, some folks disagreed with the score the game got and they posted. Doesn't mean it's necessarily whining.

Not necessarily, but in this case, quite a few of the posts actually are.

A lot of people have trouble understanding that to the reviewers of most gaming sites, a considerable portion of the game is its engine; the technical components -- what interactions are possible in the game; how do they look, how well they run and how do they sound. From all I have seen, KotOR2's engine is very similar to that of KotOR1 with few improvents in either performance or graphics. Now, this might not be important to you (it isn't important to me as long as the thing has reasonably few bugs), but it's well established that the graphics and performance are worth quite a bit of a game's 'score'. If the graphics and engine are not new, then the game will not be rated as highly as the original (unless of course it is truly awesome and improves on the original by a lot in a number of different ways -- see BG2 for a good example of this).

Evidently, the reviewers feel that TSL is on a level with KotOR, improving on the original by a bit, but not enough to make up for the necessarily dated graphics. As long as people read the reviews rather than just look at the scores, they should be fine -- after all, if the game is better than KotOR in all the things that KotOR did well, will anyone really care that the graphics are a year old?

That is right. The technical aspects are as much importnat for e reviewer as the story. K2 may have great story and great gameplay, but when you take into account the old engine, it is not a surprice the total score is down. For example, just recalculate the total score of Gamespot putting value 9 for graphics and see the result ...

Why do you keep whining about the scores??? If you like the game, then scr#w the reviews... It's so frustrating when people whine about it. So it got a worse score than it deserves, that's not your problem right? you'll buy it anyway? Then what's the friggin problem!!??