Question for the Consular gods...

I'm getting ready to leave these boards and needed advise before I left for TSL about Consulars. This is what I want, a Sith Lord class character with saber skills. I want a decent feat/combat skilled monster of a force user...basically, I want a DS palpatine-like character (MAJOR force and persuade skills) but also with some decent combat/lightsaber skills to hold my own in fights with a saber if needed. (much like Palp's will in Revenge of the Sith) I need someone to break down how I should allocate my stats (WIS,STR,CHA ect.)

Did anyone have a awesome sword-weilding force god in KOTOR I? whats the best template? should I start out a guardian then go Sith Lord? should I start off a consular, play my stats smart for the combat and then go for the force gold with the Sith lord class?

There is a chance progression for classes is different than in kotor1, for instance kotor1 had sentinels and consulars getting 7 feats from 1 to 20 but in kotor2 consular is listed as slow feat progression while sentinel is average implying they get more feats. There are no progression tables out yet for the classes and there are certainly no tables for the prestige classes so good luck getting any templates for awhile.

In KOTOR 1, my consular was quite capable of holding his own with a sabre, as I did not invest in ranged weapons at the start, but immediately in melee/lightsabre feats.

My advice to you is to go Consular until level 15, after which

you should find Marr, and talk to Kreia on the ship to become Sith Lord.

If I were you, I would toss most points in Wisdom, and what you have left in Strenght/Constitution.

Mr U

He means the prestige class called Sith Lord, you don't actually become one

And wow this is exactly what I wanted to know for KOTOR 2, I was gonna make a thread just like this one.

I wanna be good at both, want to have a really good character, but I never was the build-master on KOTOR 1.

Why don't we try Guardian + Sith Lord, while at the same time increasing Wisdom and Charisma a little bit extra?

I'm getting ready to leave these boards and needed advise before I left for TSL about Consulars.  This is what I want, a Sith Lord class character with saber skills. I want a decent feat/combat skilled monster of a force user...basically, I want a DS palpatine-like character (MAJOR force and persuade skills) but also with some decent combat/lightsaber skills to hold my own in fights with a saber if needed. (much like Palp's will in Revenge of the Sith) I need someone to break down how I should allocate my stats (WIS,STR,CHA ect.)

Did anyone have a awesome sword-weilding force god in KOTOR I? whats the best template? should I start out a guardian then go Sith Lord? should I start off a consular, play my stats smart for the combat and then go for the force gold with the Sith lord class?

i guess the most similar option from the first game would be to follow a jedi sentinel\sith lord route, my char was set up like this

str 14

dex 15 (+5 atr points into this)

con 12

int 8

wis 14

cha 14

this setup was based on a few premises though...for one i didn't set the strength that high because you can get some awesome strength guantlets on korriban and from the assassin missions (i think). i also saved some cash and got an implant that gave +3 to dex

i also picked up max flurry, max deuling, 1 lvl of toughness, and whatever else was left on blaster deflection. after the extra defense from deuling, jedi defense, and dex bonuses i was never hit.

theoretically if there is no level cap you shouldn't have a problem with the attribute portion, if ur hardcare just keep going til u get everything you want.

although i will say with this setup i was able to mow over anything and damn near all my force powers hit (except stun didn't work sometimes, dammit).

Why don't we try Guardian + Sith Lord, while at the same time increasing Wisdom and Charisma a little bit extra?

Hmm...that's what I was thinking. If you pick Guardian for the feats and class bonuses....but place your points into WIS and CHA, then go for Sith Lord to really pump up the force usage...that might work. But what is the disadvantage of not starting off as a consular? what will I be missing that might be vital?

Hmm...that's what I was thinking. If you pick Guardian for the feats and class bonuses....but place your points into WIS and CHA, then go for Sith Lord to really pump up the force usage...that might work. But what is the disadvantage of not starting off as a consular? what will I be missing that might be vital?

From what was posted of the strategy guide, by going Guardian and then Sith Lord. you're going to miss out on the force forms the consular gets (I think 1 increases damage, 1 increases duration, 1 reduces cost, and I forget what the other does) as well as some force points (consulars add their wis bonus to their force points each level up). Can't remember right now if there's any other disadvantages shown in the guide.

Str 14

dex 10

con 10

int 8

wis 16

cha 16

max dueling asap

max force lightning asap

max horror

max force choke

maybe max out empathy

get some flurry

max force speed

put all skill points into persuede

I don't remember seeing any new feats that are more appropriate for a Sidiopus character.

pick the wizard and 'dark wizard' classes

don't be a bully, manipulate people, but go dark only when it is to your advantage in some way.

never help anyone unless they have something you need, and if you deem them a threat down the road, eliminate them afterwards-but only if you can think of a reason.

This is what I did for my last build in Kotor when I wanted my Revan to be like good old Dantius Palpatine

"max dueling asap

max force lightning asap

max horror

max force choke

maybe max out empathy

get some flurry

max force speed

put all skill points into persuede"

Why not just max everything out :thumbsup:

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!