Episode III Preview

Child of Flame

I think I may be falling for hype again, please help me. I saw the trailer/preview when we saw The Incredibles on Sunday, and just hearing the Emperor saying "Rise Lord Vader" and hearing James Earl Jones respond has my fanboyishness up and running again....I don't want to be disappointed again...but the trailer made it look so good. :p

I think I may be falling for hype again, please help me.  I saw the trailer/preview when we saw The Incredibles on Sunday, and just hearing the Emperor saying "Rise Lord Vader" and hearing James Earl Jones respond has my fanboyishness up and running again....I don't want to be disappointed again...but the trailer made it look so good.  :(

I do not understand what your problem is! :)

I think I may be falling for hype again, please help me.  I saw the trailer/preview when we saw The Incredibles on Sunday, and just hearing the Emperor saying "Rise Lord Vader" and hearing James Earl Jones respond has my fanboyishness up and running again....I don't want to be disappointed again...but the trailer made it look so good.  :(

I do not understand what your problem is! :geek:

I just......don't want to be disappointed again. It broke my heart when not only Episode I was bad...but then Episode II was as well. To make matters worse, all three of them release(d) on my birthday. THAT BASTARD IS TORMENTING ME!!!

It makes my skin crawl the way Anakin has been portrayed; it nearly destroys Vader for me. I mean, he's a great evil because he's a whiny, petulant brat?

That's not Vader. Even in the trailer it's such a contradiction, going from that kid to the Vader.

newlogo.gif

Ep 1 was really bad but II was quite decent IMO.  Will look forward to 3.  It probably has the best potential of the series.  There's a lot of good stuff to be crammed into that one.

I too liked Episode II. The romance scenes were pathetic, but it had tons of action, which I liked quite a bit. :)

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

It makes my skin crawl the way Anakin has been portrayed; it nearly destroys Vader for me. I mean, he's a great evil because he's a whiny, petulant brat?

That's not Vader. Even in the trailer it's such a contradiction, going from that kid to the Vader.

Vader had to be a petulant brat at one point...he wasn't born a Dark Lord.

I admit the pod racing bit was waaaaaaaay over done. GL went to the extreme with that, and could have answered the "Where did Vader learn to fly" question in about an eighth of the time. The romance scenes were necessary to show where Skywalker and Leia came from. The gungans were necessary to market Star Wars toys....too bad for GL THAT back-fired! After all, GL made all the money on the first movie from marketing toys and other Star Wars products...not from ticket sales. With that money he was able to buy the rights to the story back from the original studio and make the next two movies. I guess in his mind if it worked once, create a gimmicky character and it'll work again.

My bet is that the Vader scene in the teaser comes at or very near the end of the movie. So all of you hoping to hear JEJ as the voice of Darth Vader again will be very disappointed. By the way...thats me, too.

Vader had to be a petulant brat at one point...he wasn't born a Dark Lord.

I admit the pod racing bit was waaaaaaaay over done. GL went to the extreme with that, and could have answered the "Where did Vader learn to fly" question in about an eighth of the time. The romance scenes were necessary to show where Skywalker and Leia came from. The gungans were necessary to market Star Wars toys....too bad for GL THAT back-fired! After all, GL made all the money on the first movie from marketing toys and other Star Wars products...not from ticket sales. With that money he was able to buy the rights to the story back from the original studio and make the next two movies. I guess in his mind if it worked once, create a gimmicky character and it'll work again.

My bet is that the Vader scene in the teaser comes at or very near the end of the movie. So all of you hoping to hear JEJ as the voice of Darth Vader again will be very disappointed. By the way...thats me, too.

In other news, Lucas sets out to rape yet another of my favorite movie franchises with Indy IV. :angry:

In other news, Lucas sets out to rape yet another of my favorite movie franchises with Indy IV.  :angry:

Actually I was pretty pumped hearing about Indiana Jones 4. Why not? The article talks about it being his version of James Bond. I could see Indy being a franchise type of thing with multiple movies, and maybe multiple lead actors (aka younger indy). James Bond has done this for the last 30+ years and it to good effect (a couple of bad eggs, but most of them are good), and who doesn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Yeah, Martin plays Clousseau in a "prequel" to "The Pink Panther" where he supposedly first encounters a theft of the Pink Panther. Of course, this ignores the fact that his first encounter with the Pink Panther and the Princess was in the original "The Pink Panther". It's a mockery, and I hope that it fails miserably.

As far as Indy goes, remember, Indy drank from the Holy Grail, so it is possible that his life was extended by a few decades. Harrison Ford, though, is finally beginning to show his age, so I don't know how he'll do in Indy 4.

I do not understand what your problem is! :(

I just......don't want to be disappointed again. It broke my heart when not only Episode I was bad...but then Episode II was as well. To make matters worse, all three of them release(d) on my birthday. THAT BASTARD IS TORMENTING ME!!!

What is the problem when they release at your birthday, you needn't watch them! :lol: