Sentinels get the least feats?!?

From the Prima guide: "Guardians get the most feats, while Sentinels get the fewest."

What the hell? I thought the goal was to make the Sentinel class MORE feasible to play this time! I really want to have high INT/skills to get the full experience of this game but who's going to pick Sentinel over Guardian with high BAB and lots of feats or the Consular with wicked force powers and MORE FEATS THAN SENTINEL!

One of the things I hoped was different in KOTOR 2 was the fact that the Sentinel and Consular class had the same amount of feats. This isn't the direction I hoped the change would go. The sentinel should be in between, the way it is with VP and FP.... (sigh). I better be able to use these skills to get me out of combat cause too much of it will probably kill me without many feats.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I believe sentinels are skill oriented as opposed to feat oriented.

If you've played Fallout, sentinels are like characters with the "skilled" trait as opposed to "gifted" characters like guardians.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Wel if they do, opps cause that's what I am. 'll scan in the prestige classs scale from the manual later on today ppl.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I believe sentinels are skill oriented as opposed to feat oriented.

If you've played Fallout, sentinels are like characters with the "skilled" trait as opposed to "gifted" characters like guardians.

The fact that Sentinels are more skill orientated would only bother me if this were KOTOR 1. Since the devs have stated numerous times that skill would factor into solutions to quests, I am not concerned. If skills are implemented in dialogue like how stats were in Torment I will be more than happy to play a Sentinel. :thumbsup:

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

Actually, I think that the Sentinels get average. That is what the game manual says. And if you were to just compare the gaurdian to the sentinel then yes the sentinel will have the fewest feats. Add in consular and the sentinel gets bumped to average.

Actually, I think that the Sentinels get average.  That is what the game manual says.  And if you were to just compare the gaurdian to the sentinel then yes the sentinel will have the fewest feats.  Add in consular and the sentinel gets bumped to average.

Well, since you have the game and can check the manual, I'll take your word over the guide. Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better. Still, Prima needs to hire better editors so they don't have misleading assertions in their guide!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

From the Prima guide: "Guardians get the most feats, while Sentinels get the fewest."

What the hell? I thought the goal was to make the Sentinel class MORE feasible to play this time! I really want to have high INT/skills to get the full experience of this game but who's going to pick Sentinel over Guardian with high BAB and lots of feats or the Consular with wicked force powers and MORE FEATS THAN SENTINEL!

One of the things I hoped was different in KOTOR 2 was the fact that the Sentinel and Consular class had the same amount of feats. This isn't the direction I hoped the change would go. The sentinel should be in between, the way it is with VP and FP.... (sigh). I better be able to use these skills to get me out of combat cause too much of it will probably kill me without many feats.

Guard=Feats

Cons=Force powers

Sen=Skills

It's has to be balanced!

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I think the lack of feats is supposed to be made up by increased conversation and stealth options- so instead of fighting you can talk your way out of it by being the loveable rogue I am, or sneak around enemies, and luring them into traps.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Yeah its a bit of a shame I guess. I never played a Sentinel in KotOR simply because it was equally bad at everything and good at nothing except skills which werent too useful to me. I think it will balance out as long as the skills are more vital this time around.

Sentinel is the cleric, right? I played that one. The mage was too weak and I just plain HATE fighters - so uninteresting.

right idea wrong game! :D

But i would doubt the guide to be right if that is the case, the cons. dont even depend on the lightsaber and the feats so why should they get more it's bull****! :thumbsup:

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Hope Sentinels get stealth as a class skill  :thumbsup: .  The fact that their corresponding prestige class (not that you have to pick them) have sneak attacks as level dependent feat sounds great.

uhh setinals arent meant for scoundral's their meant for scouts! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Hope Sentinels get stealth as a class skill  :thumbsup: .  The fact that their corresponding prestige class (not that you have to pick them) have sneak attacks as level dependent feat sounds great.

Just going by the downloadable pdf with excerpt from the Prima strategy guide.

The Sith Assasin and Jedi Watchman both get sneak attacks as level dependent feats. Jedi Watchman only get up to sneak attack 7 though while the Assasin can go up to sneak attack 10. Both these two prestige classes also get Force Camouflage (like Juhani in KOTOR1) so they can stealth without need of a stealth field generator.

I know that in Kotor1 that stealth was not a class skill for the sentinel. Hope they are otherwise, if they become class skill of the prestige class, that means saving skill points again until the big decision :D .

Hope Sentinels get stealth as a class skill  :wub: .  The fact that their corresponding prestige class (not that you have to pick them) have sneak attacks as level dependent feat sounds great.

Just going by the downloadable pdf with excerpt from the Prima strategy guide.

The Sith Assasin and Jedi Watchman both get sneak attacks as level dependent feats. Jedi Watchman only get up to sneak attack 7 though while the Assasin can go up to sneak attack 10. Both these two prestige classes also get Force Camouflage (like Juhani in KOTOR1) so they can stealth without need of a stealth field generator.

I know that in Kotor1 that stealth was not a class skill for the sentinel. Hope they are otherwise, if they become class skill of the prestige class, that means saving skill points again until the big decision :D .

isnt juhani's stealth thing specail to just her race! and I cant wait to use the watchmen! :D