Continuity mistake with Mandalore

I've seen Akari, Chris, Adam, and Chu look at this thread. None wish to answer for this error.

yea but they usually dont like to answer threads that can usually be summed up in the game.. once you play it that is! :D at least thats wht i have noticed!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

What's to sum up. Each dev has made it clear that they didn't even KNOW or take into account that there was a Mandalore in KOTOR. Just like the Valley of the Sith Lords, this is a lack of research. Even worse, this is INGAME continuity. There is no sence in this sort of thing.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

HK-47 fourth memory

------------------------------------------------------

Revan: So tell me about this last owner, then.

HK-47:

Correction: That would be my first owner, master. The first I can remember.

I had completed an assassination in Mandalorian Space

In any account there are TWO Mandalore's now, atleast until we find out what happened to the one in KOTOR.

According to KOTOR, he was in Mandalorian Space, most likely rebuilding. Now we all KNOW who the Mandalore in KOTOR 2 is, and he neither deserves the title or the mask. Which he probably made out of tissue paper. What is saddening is that he was my favorite character until he became Captain Cliche.

This Mandalore is a continuity mistake in a half, and he doesn't even wear the red Mask of Mandalore. So I'll assume that the one in the Mandalore Sector DOES, which means that he is the TRUE Mandalore. So Silver better watch out for RED.

HK-47 fourth memory

------------------------------------------------------

Revan: So tell me about this last owner, then.

HK-47:

Correction: That would be my first owner, master. The first I can remember.

I had completed an assassination in Mandalorian Space

Well seems like no dev will answer for the mistake. It's clear by the ACTUAL lines from the game another Mandalore was indeed around in KOTOR. There is no denieing it.

What's done is done, and now 2 Mandalore's exist. :devil:

You know they could have lied! :)

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Both HK and the Mandalorian writing in the Datapad have no reason to lie. HK lie would have been him saying that he actually killed the lord Mandalore. And the Mandalore in the Datapad has even less of a reason, for his thoughts are his own.

LucasArts sould be the ones to complain about but hey, they allowed the Mandalorian Wars taking place after Exar Kun War in the first place so that alone says something over LucasArts caring about "continuity" ... I guess they care about it as much as they do QA.

drakron.png

In any account there are TWO Mandalore's now, atleast until we find out what happened to the one in KOTOR.

According to KOTOR, he was in Mandalorian Space, most likely rebuilding. Now we all KNOW who the Mandalore in KOTOR 2 is, and he neither deserves the title or the mask. Which he probably made out of tissue paper. What is saddening is that he was my favorite character until he became Captain Cliche.

This Mandalore is a continuity mistake in a half, and he doesn't even wear the red Mask of Mandalore. So I'll assume that the one in the Mandalore Sector DOES, which means that he is the TRUE Mandalore.  So Silver better watch out for RED.

Now, I'm no fanboy, and I'm always willing to hear criticism of a game, even one I am looking forward to. But let's wait until we play the game, which nobody appears to have done yet, before we start nitpicking the devs to death over continuity.

Obsidian people wrote the story, they are to blame. It's clear now that reading every Star Wars Novel, playing every game, reading every comic, doesn't mean you know everything about Star Wars. Clearlykeeping ingame continuity wasn't that big a deal.

Oh,and the Mandalorian Wars happening after the Exar Kun War, make no problems.

Clearly there was a known Mandalore in KOTOR, becuase he was already sending Mandalorians to to deed like test weapons. Oh and if you listen to Jagi he says he tells the REMAINING CLANS of the battle between him and Candy Cane.

Candy so far has said their was no Mandalore, when there was, and he said the Clans were all gone, when they weren't.

As long as their is a Mandalore, the Mandalorians will follow him.

In case anyone wonder, Elric beat Mandalore and made the Mandarorians enter Kun side in that war.

There was not much left of then after that war was over and I remind that it was a War that was about 50 years before the "Mandalorian Wars".

I am sorry but I cannot see a race that had their backside given to then by the Republic would be 50 years later be able to sucesefull invade Republic Star Systems ... I can guess why BioWare did but it does not make it more "right".

drakron.png

How old are you?!? What is with the rash "I hate Obsidian for a continuity problem that hasn't been confirmed yet" maybe you should try patience and maybe you could realize there is no problem. Only when this issue has been confirmed should you go out screaming to the public about it. Until then just wait, you may be surprised.

For 7 years before the Mandalorian wars, the Mandalorians held recruiting drives, conquered world increasing supplies, and training. Not to mention I'm sure not every Mandalorian from the Mandalore Sector faught for Ulic, I'm sure Mandalore left a good size army to defend the sector.

How old are you?!? What is with the rash "I hate Obsidian for a continuity problem that hasn't been confirmed yet" maybe you should try patience and maybe you could realize there is no problem. Only when this issue has been confirmed should you go out screaming to the public about it. Until then just wait, you may be surprised.

It has been confirmed. If the Mandalore in KOTOR was still around, then the Mandalorians who became mercs,bounty hunters, and raiders would instead be with their leader.

KOTOR says many, but not ALL, stayed and became those things. The bio hints that all did, because there was no Mandalore until around the time of KOTOR 2(who is, Canderous, it's no spoiler, it's Canderous).

I see nothing in those excerpts that can't be explained as happening to the one mandalore that Revan killed. We have argued this before I think you are being pretty pedantic here Nuke, you have taken your perception on some very small excerpts and made them fact, my perception was always based on the same excerpts and I saw them different frome you. There simply isn't enough factual information to prove/disprove either.

Candy being mandelore is still uber lame though.