Continuity mistake with Mandalore

I KNEW IT, I knew it from the beginning. Obsidian couldn't even follow INGAME continuity. I say this because a MANDALORE WAS IN KOTOR, well not anymore. On the bio for Mandalore, it says there wasn't one since the Mandalorian Wars, yet there was and he WAS mentioned TWICE IN KOTOR.

So I guess Obsidian just erased the last story of HK-47 and the Kashyyk Datapad from continuity. <_<

KOTOR 2 must be completed

That was just a pretender, and not a true Mandalore. :blink:

I will wait until playing the game to see if there is a huge contradiction or something workable around.

I never put much faith onto what official sites said, specially Lucasarts of lately. The Battlefront site, for example.

How did they break continuity? In kotor1 it was mentioned that revan defeated mandalore and it can be assumed that since hk-47 was sent by revan to kill mandalore this did happened revan fought him. In the info we have so far, correct me if I am wrong with the right info, from kotor2 revan defeated mandalore and the clans scattered (perfectly in tune with the kotor1 story) being leaderless, defeated, and largely disarmed by the republic until the rise of a new mandalore in kotor2. There is no lack of continuity there, quite the opposite in fact.

He is refering that, during KOTOR I, there were two alusions to a new Mandalore existing after the Mandalorian Wars. One was the last memory of HK-47, of being defeated by Mandalore, and as HK was supposed to have been build after the Mandalorian Wars, it is a new one.

Second ones are the datapads on Kashyyk. The Mandalorians that are using the cloaking devices and attacking unarmed opponents have datapads saying Mandalore ordered them to test these weapons.

Perhaps this Mandalore was the one alluded to in KotOR? It has only been five years. That's not time enough to reunite the clans, especially with the battled between the Sith and Republic.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Where does it say that hk was made after the mandalorian wars, I don't remember reading that anywhere. That is a big contradiction if it is true, if it is not true the second one is not much of a contradiction because it is entirely possible they recieved their orders before the defeat of mandalore and were not aware of the wars end kind of like the stories you hear of japanese soldiers being unaware WW2 ended.

Where does it say that hk was made after the mandalorian wars, I don't remember reading that anywhere. That is a big contradiction if it is true, if it is not true the second one is not much of a contradiction because it is entirely possible they recieved their orders before the defeat of mandalore and were not aware of the wars end kind of like the stories you hear of japanese soldiers being unaware WW2 ended.

Yes, I though of that, but they should have spent a couple of years down on Kashyyk for that to work.

Think I will load up KOTOR later today or tomorrow and copy the exact dialogue with HK-47 and the pad.

I KNEW IT, I knew it from the beginning. Obsidian couldn't even follow INGAME continuity. I say this because a MANDALORE WAS IN KOTOR, well not anymore. On the bio for Mandalore, it says there wasn't one since the Mandalorian Wars, yet there was and he WAS mentioned TWICE IN KOTOR.

So I guess Obsidian just erased the last story of HK-47 and the Kashyyk Datapad from continuity. <_<

Dood when one mandalore dies he is replaced by a new mandalore, usually by the person who killed him or if the first mandalore died of something "unknown" then he was replaced by the best solider! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Yeah, and the bio makes no mention of that. It just says there was no Mandalore until recently, which was around the time of kotor 2. When actually a Mandalore has been in rule for 7 years.

yea and the bio is wrong! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

What was the exact dialog of that conversation because I don't remember it? According to the starwars databank http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/hk47/ hk helped revan locate the starmap on tatooine an wiped his memory of that afterwards which is in line with the in game dialog of kotor1 and this happened before revan attacked the republic. Perhaps he is counting the beginning of conquest as happening sometime in the mandalore wars. If revan sent him to defeat the same mandalore he himself eventually fought that is the only explanation and that of course means he began looking for the starmaps before the end of the mandalorian war and so his fall to the darkside began then as well. If anything it sounds like there is a contradiction in the story of kotor1.

What was the exact dialog of that conversation because I don't remember it? According to the starwars databank http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/hk47/ hk helped revan locate the starmap on tatooine an wiped his memory of that afterwards which is in line with the in game dialog of kotor1 and this happened before revan attacked the republic. Perhaps he is counting the beginning of conquest as happening sometime in the mandalore wars. If revan sent him to defeat the same mandalore he himself eventually fought that is the only explanation and that of course means he began looking for the starmaps before the end of the mandalorian war and so his fall to the darkside began then as well. If anything it sounds like there is a contradiction in the story of kotor1.

KOTOR 1 is fine, KOTOR 2 is WRONG. HK-47 said he was build after Revan and Malak began their CONQUEST of the Galaxy, not helping with finding STar Maps. Finding Star Maps isn't the beginning of a conquest, it's a search.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

That of course makes sense but then the starwars databank is wrong, HK-47 was indeed programmed to understand atleast one language specific to tatooine so that supports the assertion by lucasarts starwars databank that he helped locate the starmap for revan and malak. This means there is a hole in the story of kotor1 if he is supposedly built after the war began according to the same story.

Yeah, and the bio makes no mention of that. It just says there was no Mandalore until recently, which was around the time of kotor 2. When actually a Mandalore has been in rule for 7 years.

how do you know if a mandalor has been in rule for 7 years he could have died! :D