something I just thought up, aprrentices

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking, about the Enchani Handmaiden, the Disciple, and Visas Marr. Maybe you can have all three, but can only train ONE of them as an apprentice?

You only get disciple if you're female... but you can train as many people as you want, as long as they're someone who can be trained. For example I was able to train Bao-Dur, Handmaiden and Atton, and Visas also called me her "master" although she already knew how to use the force when she joined my party.

I trained Bao-Dur into a Jedi Guardian by gaining a lot of influence with him. I would assume its the same for all the other jedi-party members.

I think training people as Jedi is pretty stupid, thus I won't train them.

The game takes place over a timespan of a few months, maybe less. Luke became a Jedi in four years, but he had the privelage of having the Force as a grandparent.

How can it possibly be explained that these people are able to become Jedi and weild lightsabers to proper Jedi standard so fast?

I mean, in KotOR it was ok, because you were "remembering", seems pretty ridiculous in TSL.

I trained Bao-Dur into a Jedi Guardian by gaining a lot of influence with him. I would assume its the same for all the other jedi-party members.

The game takes place over a timespan of a few months, maybe less. Luke became a Jedi in four years, but he had the privelage of having the Force as a grandparent.

How can it possibly be explained that these people are able to become Jedi and weild lightsabers to proper Jedi standard so fast?

I mean, in KotOR it was ok, because you were "remembering", seems pretty ridiculous in TSL.

I suppose. But look how long it took for Luke to find someone to instruct him in the ways of the Force. And how long was Luke on Dagobah before he left to face Vader? I'm pretty sure it wasn't four years.

Besides Luke didn't have the hands-on training that I put my scrubs though. :p

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I suppose. But look how long it took for Luke to find someone to instruct him in the ways of the Force. And how long was Luke on Dagobah before he left to face Vader? I'm pretty sure it wasn't four years.

Besides Luke didn't have the hands-on training that I put my scrubs though. :thumbsup:

He was practising the skills he learnt from Obi-Wan throughout his "three year wilderness", which explains his development.

Luke got his top up course from Yoda then rushed off to face Vader because he was an impatient twit. However, he's allowed to advance so fast because he's the son of the Chosen One and the "New Hope" - and even with all that, he was by no means a particularly skillful Jedi, just a powerful one who could only take down his dad in VI because Vader had:

A) "Lost a lot of the power of the Force" (as quoted by GL)

B) Become half-machine and wasn't quite as nible with a lightsaber.

Anakin Skywalker is still a padawan after 10 years of training, granted a great deal o this will be because he is being held back but at the same time it does make it seem even *more* ridiculous that we have non-Jedi becoming very proficient Jedi in the space of a couple of days.

Besides Luke didn't have the hands-on training that I put my scrubs though. :)

He was practising the skills he learnt from Obi-Wan throughout his "three year wilderness", which explains his development.

Luke got his top up course from Yoda then rushed off to face Vader because he was an impatient twit. However, he's allowed to advance so fast because he's the son of the Chosen One and the "New Hope" - and even with all that, he was by no means a particularly skillful Jedi, just a powerful one who could only take down his dad in VI because Vader had:

A) "Lost a lot of the power of the Force" (as quoted by GL)

B) Become half-machine and wasn't quite as nible with a lightsaber.

Anakin Skywalker is still a padawan after 10 years of training, granted a great deal o this will be because he is being held back but at the same time it does make it seem even *more* ridiculous that we have non-Jedi becoming very proficient Jedi in the space of a couple of days.

I understand what you are saying, but there are some other points I have to bring up.

First, Bastila in the first game is still a "padawan" according to the council on Dantooine. She seems very proficient as a Jedi in the first game. Not to mention that she possesses incredible Battle Meditation and has advised the council on how to best deal with Revan (the mindwipe), something that I would not think a padawan capable of.

Second, just because the game took several hours doesn't mean that the gameworld operated at the same speed. I would imagine there is quite abit of downtime traveling through hyperspace (this is actually brought up in a conversation with Mira). Even on planet, events occur spanning vast chunks of time.

Third, Luke.. before he meets up with Yoda for proper Jedi training, he was a coming of age farm boy from a backwater planet. The companions that you can make into Lost Jedi are much more knowledgeable of the universe. Heck, some have had great experience in playing a "part" to the Jedi and/or the Sith. In the timeframe of the game, the Force is something that most people have heard about and are likely to have witnessed at some point. In ANH, it seems as if very few people acknowledge either the Force or the Jedi.

Fourht, Anakin is still a padawan after 10 years because he is a whiny sissy and everyone hates whiny sissies, even if they are the strongest being to ever wield the Force. :-

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.