do you wish more time was spent on the game?

Harsh reviews? Gamespot? They're lammers. IGN got it right by giving it something over 9. But this is based on my judgement of seeing screenshots and information gathering. I'll know for sure if its a perfect 10 when I get it in Feb.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

No, I don't think it needed more time. No, I don't think BioWare should have handled this. BioWare is busy with its own IPs right now (three of them) and Obsidian has done well to step up to the plate.

Now, when I get the game and play it, I'll judge what I like and don't like, and then I'll decide if Obsidian lived up to the first game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Aw come on, x-boxers make such good beta-testers :blink:

Seriously though, games could always use a bit more QA time than they get. An unfortunate trend, ship it ASAP to make some return of investment for the publisher...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The goal of this game was that it would be released within a year of the previous one. Given that goal I don't see how they could have fixed the most commonly named problem, year old graphics, since they were not using an already established engine but rather working on the game while bioware was modifying the nwn engine to be used for kotor1 (which was also in development at the same time). They were running a tight schedule so I don't see how they could fix the most glaring "issues".