Gamespot Review up

The funniest thing is Greg Kasavin gave Riddock a 9.3 and Doom 3 an 8.5. WTF! Dude I beat Butcher Bay in one 8 hour gaming session! Thank god I rented it. How in the name of Zeus's butthole does a game with no replay value and only 8 freakin hours of gameplay get a 9.3? TSL has at least 60 hours of gameplay if you add in the replay factor and it gets an 8.5. WTF! I don't get it.

Cheers!

sound should've gotten a 10 but oh well. looks like imma have to be the judge of how good this game is myself, seems i can't trust these reviewers.

looks like no GOTY nominations for this one, damn overated halo 2...

Everybody is so Halo-Whipped. And that game is like any other FPS, decent.

If the guy who reviewed this game is from the video preview, the one with the curly hair? I don't like him, he seemed like an uptight @$$ in the preview video. :blink:

"Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one"

Evolutionary Development

Oh come on. 8.5 = Great. Sequels always get lower scores unless they break no ground. Hell, even Half Life 2 reviews have lots of qualifications with their scores about it playing the same. It's not a bad score.

The technical things sound worse from what they say, especially with the frame rates. It seems to me that the graphics criticism wouldn't have come into play so much if there hadn't been more technical issues and lower framerates. Just watch the video review and you'll see it.

The other thing to take away from this is that the new features are not as noticeable as they claimed they would be. The ranged weapons sound not to be more powerful, as was claimed, and the deeper party interactions don't seem to be noticed terribly much unless looking for them.

As they say though, if you liked KotOR, you'll like this, so stop whining because it's not everyone in the universes' favorite game. It's enough that it'll be good and fun for us.

I completely agree about Halo though. Tried the pc demo, and the armor thingy is kinda fun, but it's otherwise a terribly mediocre shooter and would have been in the bargain bin in 2 months if it hadn't been the only non-terrible console shooter.

*Edit: Note to devs* This is why consoles are bad. You can't do much. You have to use all your cpu time to make it look as good as something else and it's much more limited, as are interface options, and game complexity. Stop making games for both. It's almost impossible to make a sophisticated game for a console, and the pc then gets a bunch of silly console baggage. There's a reason fighting games are on consoles: they're built for repetitive button-mashing.

No, consoles are good but when you have about a year to develop a game using a pre-existing engine and god know what ...

I am hardly suprised.

As a Xbox owner after the review gone into the "technical" aspect I realize its best to wait for the PC version.

drakron.png

And to add one thing, Greg states that the graphics are sub-par for an xbox(scoring 6 out of 10). I wonder what the PC-version gets, 8.0?

5.5 because of HL2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I really can't understand this obsession gaming sites has with graphics! If not every damn game that comes out have revolutionary graphics they diss them right away!

Anyways maybe I

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

A few things everyone should know about gamespot when reading any of their reviews...

- They value innovation more then most sites do... and K2 is more of the same essentially... so consider it a good omen that they only took 6 tenths off...

- They seem to weigh technical aspects more then other sites do... and the KOTOR engine isn't exactly a technical marval, nor was it a year ago...

- They tend to rate RPGs lower anyway, unless it's Final Fantasy...

The only things that really worry me is that they believe light saber forms have no practical effect, and that the workbench is pretty much useless... that remains to be seen but I seriously expected a 8.0-8.7 or so from GS so it's no suprise to me...

A few things everyone should know about gamespot when reading any of their reviews...

- They value innovation more then most sites do... and K2 is more of the same essentially... so consider it a good omen that they only took 6 tenths off...

- They seem to weigh technical aspects more then other sites do... and the KOTOR engine isn't exactly a technical marval, nor was it a year ago...

- They tend to rate RPGs lower anyway, unless it's Final Fantasy...

The only things that really worry me is that they believe light saber forms have no practical effect, and that the workbench is pretty much useless... that remains to be seen but I seriously expected a 8.0-8.7 or so from GS so it's no suprise to me...

Gamespots score doesn't really matter because reviewers like IGN, Gameinformer and gamerevolution loved kotor 2 and would give it a really highscore and nominate it GOTY or GOTM

Did anyone find that this review contained less information on the game than many of the previews posted by IGN and elsewhere? It's almost as if the reviewer read all the other previews, and then re-wrote them and gave his opinion on some of them.

Gamespot usually has pretty poor reviews anyway. Unfortunately I don't trust IGN any more than I do Gamespot, since they whore themselves out for advertising and exclusives.

Good thing I liked KotOR I so much that KotOR II is pretty much a given, as long as I can find a copy.

Did anyone find that this review contained less information on the game than many of the previews posted by IGN and elsewhere?  It's almost as if the reviewer read all the other previews, and then re-wrote them and gave his opinion on some of them.

Yeah. It doesn't address the things I wanted to know. I wonder if I'm going to have to wait a couple of months.

Seriously, if there hadn't been technical problems to call it into question in the first place, I doubt there would be such an emphasis on the graphics. When they say that I think they mean there is little justification for the framerates and other issues it has.

how anybody here can complain 'bout the gamespot review when they ain't played the game yet is... disturbing. you just blew whatever credibility you mighta

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I knew Greg Kasavin was going to review TSL. That guy is such a douche. I have never once agreed with a review of his. The guy gave Fable an 8.6 and TSL an 8.5.  :)

Cheers!

Pretty typical considering the massively inflated Halo 2 review in relation to the original KOTOR score. One of the reasons I don't take the numeric score into account when buying a game. It should be a crime that this type of prostitution has an effect on game sales.

If the previous gamespot scores continue, wouldn't this mean that the PC version will score lower than an 8.5? Last time the XBox scored higher than the PC version (I think 9.1 to 8.8 or something), so perhaps unless whatever "bugs" the reviewers keep mentioning aren't ironed out for the PC version, it'll take a big hit in score as well and come up with about a 8 to 8.2 or thereabouts.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What I find amusing is that Greg has no problem giving WoW a '9' for graphics but gives KoTor 2, a far superior game from a graphics standpoint, a '6'. What a joke. Not to say 8.5 score isn't bad but the score on the Graphics isn't justified. Gamespot needs to cut it out with their 'fanboy' approach to games....they've just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.