KotOR 2 reviews

Such a silly troll, posting in the wrong thread.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^^No explanations needed. Still posting in the wrong thread.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I really enjoyed KOTOR II. The writing and story were far superior to the first. I can't think of an RPG game that I've ever played that was as philosophically profound and deep.

I had a few glitches and annoying bugs, but it ran better on my PC than KOTOR1 did.

I liked the crew/characters/companions MUCH better this time around. This time was grittier, dirtier and edgy. I really liked that.

The dialogue was lots of fun. I liked the romance(s), and would have liked them to go a little further. Visas was smokin', and Kelly Hu was an excellent choice for her voice actor. Women don't come hotter than that.

The gadgets/parts/chemicals/upgrades were great.

A staisfying and entertaining sequel. Thank you.

My review of KOTOR II:

To all of the game reviews that said KOTOR II was just as good as KOTOR; they are full of bologne!

KOTOR II was much better!

KOTOR was o.k. but did not capture me in the experience, I did not feel attached to the game and it did not feel like an RPG but more like an action game. KOTOR II was much more involved with a great story line, better dialogue, and much more game depth. More versatility existed and I enjoyed the parts where you had to play as a different character. I could say more but I don't want to do spoilers.

Also I must add that I had little trouble with bugs, like many complained.

My only 2 complaints: Like all games currently released it was not long enough (unlike most recent games it left the desire for more). Second I wish the end was not solo and could have been a little tougher.

Hats off to Obsidian you have proven that you are just as good as when the name was BIS! I am now very excited about the release of NWN 2. I just hope you can live up to the expectations you have now created. I want something that rivals IWDII!

In Polish CD-ACTION magazine game got 9/10. But in Polish game sites KotOR II got lower marks. Reviewers grumbled that the ending isn't closed, there are some unfinished threads and it takes about 10 hours to "feel" the game, feel its real Star Wars atmosphere. I find game very good, I'm happy that the ending is opened... KotOR III can be even better if they can finish all the plots well. :wub:

VERY MILD SPOILERS

Well i guess this would be the spot to add your own review of kotor2. I loved the new look, makes kotor 1 look like an atari game. (the super old cartridge system, not a diss to the company, LMAO)

Anyhow, the review. Summed up, I was totally robbed. I know, i know with all the outstanding reviews, how could i dare to say thaqt, well here it is:

I played all the way thru kotor2 in the 1st 2 days i had it. at the beginning I immediately noticed the darkened look to your teacher(now, by immediately, i mean when you meet her in the morgue), whats her name, kreia. Therefor I left her on the ship for almost every bit of the game, never even talked to her, unless she butted in on the current conversation, and i pretty much told her to get lost, mind you i mastered the light side. Now because i didn't talk to her thru the entire game, I TOTALLY missed out on updating my own lightsaber crystal thru-out the game and NEVER once got offered anything to do with the prestige classes. I was waiting for my option for prestige to get asked every step of the way thru the game, little did i know, how to get it. So here i am playing thru this game with the better part of 2, 12 hours shifts behind me and i still wasn't asked about a prestige stepping stone, sort to speak, so here i am thinking, wow, obsidian really put a lot of work into this game, i must not even be half way thru it yet, because i wasn't asked about prestige yet, mind you, i was at the end of the , blowing up the destroyer with mandalore. So to attempt to end this review quicker: I make it to sion, killed him over and over, and then got to kreia , no prestige, end of game shows up, credits start scrolling, WHAT THE HECK!?!? I seriously hope obsidian reads this review, if for nothing else, just to see, you could play all the way thru the game, and miss out on tons of the game, without ever even knowing it.

OBSIDIAN: There NEEDS to be somthing that curves you too kreai regardless of your alignment, so that you know you HAVE to talk to her for prestige and to update your lightsaber crystal.......I only learned of this awful "glitch" sort to speak, by playing thru the game a 2nd time, telling myself, i must have done somthing wrong, feeling heavily unsatisfied. Which is absolutely crazy, there should have been some flag (scripting) so that i wasn't left in the dark to these things.

On the bright side, I am so glad i learned what i did, before i formed my opinion about obsidian's team, I was so excited to play this because they built it, so that i could get an idea of obsidian's team, mostly so that i could see their work, so i had some idea of what to expect with nwn2, which i am dying for.

GREAT POINTS THAT I DID SEE IN KOTOR 2:

1: outstanding new look

2: huge list of feats

3: great story (of what i got to see)

4: loved the new upgrading tools

5:loved how you gave each team member a whole profile, even when compared to the other members.

6: absolutely loved the look of battles, energy bolts flying, lightsabers whirling, deflections, etc, loved it in kotor1 also.

.....and to close, I am going to play thru it again, and talk to all party members this time, like kotor1, and i know that will give me a far better view of this game and what was put into it. Over all, I loved the game, but hated that i missed so much the 1st time thur, because now i must play thru it again, already knowing 60% of the story, and mixing that with the 40% I didn't get to interact with, (updating lightsaber crystal and prestige)

Only 1 question obsidian: When will we see a game with the wide range of dynamics found in kotor 2, but with the massive flexibility and functionality of nwn?

KOTORII is like KOTOR1 but more... a lot more...

I was stuck in my room for several days in KOTOR1, I filed a leave of absence for a week for KOTORII.

I forego food while playing KOTOR1, I leave my pc only when needed in KOTOR2.

its a new world when you play KOTORI, its a bigger world and a lot more connected in KOTOR II

The gameplay, the plot concept is stunning and great....

BUT...

I spent several hours rebooting my pc in KOTOR1, more so in KOTOR II

KOTOR1 crashed at least 2 times a day for me... 2x for KOTOR2..

for short its a great sequel... not only did it carry everything I love about KOTOR1 but also .. doubled the fun and immersion..

sadly it also carried over all the things I hate about KOTOR1 and worse.. it doubled that too..

• 2 weeks later...

Too many indoors levels (!), too many bugs ..

"The game may freeze or crash to a blank screen if you play

in one level for extended periods of time. This was typically

seen when playing the game between thirty and forty minutes

without transitioning to a new level or movie." LOL

Great game though, easy story story to figure out, when you show all the nasty things that the old woman does in the end .. bah..

I would give it 7/10 not 8/10 or 9/10 as someone did.

• 5 weeks later...
Reviews so far:

IGN's KotOR2 review (Score 9.3/10)

Gamespot's KotOR2 review (Score 8.5/10)

Gamepro's KotOR2 review (Score 4.5/5)

Team Xbox's KotOR2 review (Score 9.2/10)

1Up's KotOR2 review (Score 7.5/10)

Gamespy's KotOR2 review (Score 4.5/5)

Yahoo's KotOR2 review (Score 9/10)

Telefragged's KotOR2 review (Score: 91/100)

UGO's KotOR2 review (Score: A+)

Worthplaying's KotOR2 review (Score: 9.3/10)

Game Revolution's KotOR2 review (Score: B+)

Xbox Advanced's KotOR2 review (Score: 91/100)

Gamezilla's KotOR2 review (Score: Recommended Buy)

XBM's KotOR2 review (Score: 93%)

Average so far: ~89.4%

If you find other reviews, please feel free to post them here for us all to see!

Thanks.

Ps. Congratulations, Obsidian, on the great review scores!

Check this site:

http://www.cdrinfo.gr/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=13589

from CDRinfo (4.5/5)

Kotor1 had massive graphical glitches. Even on lowest graphical settings on my Dell PC 9which met reccomeneded settings) I would recieve massive framereate slowdown 20-40 mins into the game, or in certain areas (Sith base on Manaan, Sandral estate). Oddly enough, the tribulations only surfaced recently. Kotor2 had surperior items and upgrades (Jedi robes where finally powerful and versatile enough to be considered viable armor).

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody please tell me why my other companions are not on board Ebon Hawk when travelling to Malachor V? Only Mira( I am LS), remote and G0-T0 are onboard. There is no cutscene explaining why the exile ditched the others and chose only them. Also what happens to Mira in the end? Okay, so remote and G0-T0 can be assumed dead as the planet explodes but Mira is supposed to live on according to Kreia's visions. Does she escape in the Ebon Hawk with you?

Well other than this problem, KOTOR2 is still way better than KOTOR1.

• 2 months later...

a review no one has mentioned yet, shame on you ppl from the UK, is from PC Zone all bow down before their might. Well anyway they gave it 88% and I love their opening paragraph:

It's been overstated by press and publisher alike that Sith Lords is KOTOR's The Empire Strikes Back. They said the same thing about Attack Of The Clones too; the prequel sequel that was supposed to lead us bleakly into Episode III. In truth, Spaceballs had darker moments. Here though, the comparison between game and film is apt, for not only is Sith Lords the chronological centrepiece for a planned KOTOR trilogy, but as the last of the Jedi, you're joined by a leathery-faced old mentor, entrusted to relearn the way

of the Force, only to eventually stumble into one of those dank caves that exist only so young Padawans may face their fears (in this one, your weapons you will need).

Well, one thing about K2 is that it tests the player character's ability to fight through hordes of sith without the backing of any party members. Somehow the reviews were slightly lower than for K1. However, K2 did have its helping points, though.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think one of the reasons for the slightly lower ratings for K2 was that it was made for both the novice player and the hardcore gamer.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧