KotOR 2 reviews

Reviews so far:

IGN's KotOR2 review (Score 9.3/10)

Gamespot's KotOR2 review (Score 8.5/10)

Gamepro's KotOR2 review (Score 4.5/5)

Team Xbox's KotOR2 review (Score 9.2/10)

1Up's KotOR2 review (Score 7.5/10)

Gamespy's KotOR2 review (Score 4.5/5)

Yahoo's KotOR2 review (Score 9/10)

Telefragged's KotOR2 review (Score: 91/100)

UGO's KotOR2 review (Score: A+)

Worthplaying's KotOR2 review (Score: 9.3/10)

Game Revolution's KotOR2 review (Score: B+)

Xbox Advanced's KotOR2 review (Score: 91/100)

Gamezilla's KotOR2 review (Score: Recommended Buy)

XBM's KotOR2 review (Score: 93%)

Average so far: ~89.4%

If you find other reviews, please feel free to post them here for us all to see!

Thanks.

Ps. Congratulations, Obsidian, on the great review scores!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Considering the hype, only three reviews have been released:

OXM UK: 93%

IGN: 9.3

Gamespot: 8.5

Not that much at the the day of the release, comparing to Half-Life 2 and Halo 2.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1Up added to the bunch. 7.5 seems a bit low though. Of course, I haven't played the game yet, so I shouldn't really say anything.

1Up added to the bunch. 7.5 seems a bit low though. Of course, I haven't played the game yet, so I shouldn't really say anything.

Read the reviewer's comments. Chances are, he shouldn't have said anything either. ;)"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Gamespy review added, although I don't personally give much credit to Gamespy. I think they suck, especially at RPG reviews.

Gamespy review added, although I don't personally give much credit to Gamespy. I think they suck, especially at RPG reviews.

ehh gamespy is better than gamespot or 1up! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

That 1up guy basically said that it's a lot like KOTOR I. Which apparently is a bad thing (???). Except for some stuff which makes it better. It sounds like he didn't like the original very much, and since it's not better (except for the parts that are better), it's obviously worse.

That 1up guy basically said that it's a lot like KOTOR I. Which apparently is a bad thing (???). Except for some stuff which makes it better. It sounds like he didn't like the original very much, and since it's not better (except for the parts that are better), it's obviously worse.

Yea it doesnt make much sense!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I'm personally waiting on the PC version, since that's how I played the original. All this bashing of gaming sites and we left out IGN? I'm sorry, but the kings are now serfs. I can't stand reading their reviews, I visit their site purely for gaming news and updates now, same with Gamespot. I was looking here to find reviews from people that have actually played the game without a promotion on the line. Yesterday's retrospective article on IGN about Halo 2 basically stated Microsoft 'bought' the 9.8 review IGN gave the game. Something to the effect of Microsoft telling the reviewer 'this will be the most important review of your career.' The guy dissagreed with him, saying GTA3 was the most important, yet he still gave it a 9.8 score? The article he wrote definately doesn't sound like a 9.8 worthy game to me. 9.0 - 9.2 maybe. High scores don't mean a thing anymore.

In 1998 when Ocarina of Time received the first (and only) 10.0 I was floored, and to this day still firmly believe the game deserved such a prestigeous score, but then again, that's when IGN had credibility. If they gave a game a 10.0 now, I'd be really leary about their judgement on it, and how much stock the developer of the game owns in IGN. But anyway, with that review, IGN lost more credibility than the McGriddles fiasco earlier this year. Point being, if you can find somebody like us, other gamers, who have played the game to review it, take their word over any gaming site, any day. Like major league sports, it's all about money now, which is really unfortunate.

Geez! I went looking for my thread and I couldn't find it anywhere, thinking to myself "WHERE THE HELL IS IT, STUPID BOARD&

Updated with Yahoo Games' review of KotOR2. Nothing really new is being said in the review, except that the author claims that the sequel has less humour than the first part..? Is this true? I was under the impression that Sith Lords had more humour, not less. I honestly can't remember much humour in the first part at all.

Updated with Yahoo Games' review of KotOR2. Nothing really new is being said in the review, except that the author claims that the sequel has less hurmour than the first part..? Is this true? I was under the impression that Sith Lords had more humour, not less. I honestly can't remember much humour in the first part at all.

It's been said that the humor in KotOR II is more subtle and satirical. Not everyone seems to understand it, i guess.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Found another one: http://xbox.about.com/od/reviews/fr/kotorIIrev.htm (Score: 4.5/5)

I haven't added it to the bunch yet though, because frankly I think the review sucks.

"This game is even more glitchy than the first one, if you can believe that. You will fall through floors. You

I've read enough reviews, both positive and negative, to know that since the opinions seem to vary depending on the individual's personal prefences, I'll wait to decide for myself whether the game is a success or a flop.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)