I'd Be Curious to See

How many people on this board actually were able to acquire the game TODAY? I have been in person to my local Wal-mart, Target, Toys R' Us, Best Buy, GameStop, EBGames and not one of them had it today. Toys R' Us said they "weren't sure if it was in the back or not" but told me to check back.

I would like to know how distribution of these games works. Why can Canada have it on the shelves today, yet most of the U.S. can't? How did some lucky people get the game last week? Why is the distribution process so wacked?

Is it a law that a store can't put it on the shelves before the designated release date? (I know this is the case with movies) And if so, how do they get around it?

I went to GameStop today too and they said that they wouldn't be getting the game 'till tomorrow. I guess when they said that the game would be released on the 6th that just meant that it'd be shipped on the 6th, not a guarentee that the stores would have it. Either way it still ****ing sucks. :ph34r:

Same friggin thing here! The Official site says IN STORES NOW!!!!

But not a single store of any kind has it. This is a load or ****. I don't mind waiting for a game, but when the SITE says its in stores at least ONE store should F***ing have it! Blockbuster, Bestbuy, Hollywood Video, EBgames, Gamestop, Walmart, Toys R Us, Target.....I have tried everywhere......I'm so pissed! :blink:

Tell me about it, I have it preordered from gamestop. So if they are getting it tomorrow then I wont be getting it until wed.

I was so looking forward to coming home from work and playing some TSL. This sucks greatly.

Uhm.. you guys do realize that you're complaining about not getting it today, but probably tomorrow.. to a board full of people who won't be getting it until February, right? >_<

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This might be due to shipping at the last minute. According to some people on the Lucasarts forums thay had "acquired" Battlefront before the release date. This is of course illegal, so maybe Lucasarts decided that they would hold back the shipment until the last possible moment in an effort to prevent this. I could be wrong, but from what I know/have heard this explanation is as good as any.

Don't you all know that in most cases, games come out in stores the day after the posted release/ship date.... except big releases like GTA or Halo where the manager of the EB/Gamestop trucks copies in directly from the warehouse...

I always knew I'd be getting the game on the 7th...

How many people on this board actually were able to acquire the game TODAY?  I have been in person to my local Wal-mart, Target, Toys R' Us, Best Buy, GameStop, EBGames and not one of them had it today.  Toys R' Us said they "weren't sure if it was in the back or not" but told me to check back.

I would like to know how distribution of these games works.  Why can Canada have it on the shelves today, yet most of the U.S. can't?  How did some lucky people get the game last week?  Why is the distribution process so wacked?

Is it a law that a store can't put it on the shelves before the designated release date? (I know this is the case with movies) And if so, how do they get around it?

I can't get it today because where i live we got a flash flood warning today and it's coming down so badly.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf