PC version more "polished"?

I would think it would have less issues than the x-box version. They do have two months to fix any problems after all. Bug free? No such thing.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I agree.  There has to be a good reason for this delay and not because of Billy boy wants more money for his x-box.  I hope Obsidian is using this time to fix bugs and other refinement of the game otherwise this time is just a waste.

You do know Billy boy gets money from you PCers as well, because when ever you buy a new PC he gets money from the PC makers because they have to buy the windows install stuff and what not, that and Bill doesn't deal with the X-Box.

The way I see it, the few people left on the K2 project could put in one or two really good extras (don't have to be extravegant) and let everyone know THEY made them. I know that they need permission, and it would have to be done when they're not fixing bugs, but it would appease the masses op PC players that are waiting.

It's actually good for me that K2 dosn't come out for PC until February. If it came out this week it would interfere with final exams, and it would be pretty pathetic if my grades dropped. Just a bright side for all of the other University level KotOR fans.

I'm still hoping for a more polished game, and one or two extras.

Voodo graphic cards were released much later than the 386s

So? You still can have a 386 with a voodoo card, right?

Well, that depends. My 386 system (an AMD 40 MHz Am386DX that was faster than any Intel 80386) only had ISA slots on the motherboard. I'm not sure if any 386 motherboards were ever made with PCI (or even VLB) slots. I also highly doubt that there were ever any Voodoo cards made for ISA bus (although I could be wrong), since the ISA bus was too slow to really make it worth it, and it was obsolete before 3D accelerated graphics were used in games.

- Kasoroth

I am taking sides, but my KOTOR (I have it for PC only) game still experiences weird freezes and crashes even after all those patches I got. This is what that guy means, PCs tend to have problems like these sometimes.

Still, I have had my consoles just freezing whole suddenly, but that's rare. But it happens.

This means that the different parts in your computer are well compatable. But many people had big probelms (e.g. try K1 with MSI mainboard, Athlon CPU, nForce chipset and Gygabyte Radion 9600 video - it may not run at all). Just an example.

BTW, my computer is fine as well - I had only 2-3 freezes for several plays of K1, so I expect no problems with K2 too.

I still think that:

1) PC-game will be fixed withing a few patches and run smoothly.

2) PC game will look much better graphicaly, since they have the capability to do so and it would be a waste of Obsidian not to use that fact (and it would haunt them that they didn't, if they didn't ;) ).

3) In january, when every xbox owner that wanted the game has bought it, they will anounce the added content for PC so everyone that played it on xbox will want to have the PC version as well (if they has a PC >_< ).

>_<

I am taking sides, but my KOTOR (I have it for PC only) game still experiences weird freezes and crashes even after all those patches I got. This is what that guy means, PCs tend to have problems like these sometimes.

Still, I have had my consoles just freezing whole suddenly, but that's rare. But it happens.

That has to do with your PC and not the game. I never had a problem with it. And neither did anyone i know who played the game. It was really hard to believe how bug-free the game was.

Yer, my Radeon IGP (which Kotor I doesn't support/ has 'issues' with) runs the game without crashing or anything- and not many games I have do that on an unsupported Gfx card. Its such veeeeeeeeeeery slow.... nothing that more RAM won't fix :(

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Nope, pc version is probably more polished. And obsidian is a basically computer developer, so they may just have problems with writing the code for the xbox

Technically speaking, writting code/development for a console is much simpler then a PC.

they are using an engine designed for the PC.

But developing a game for pc and xbox is rather simple, because of microsoft support, directX etc.

psx and g-cube is a different thing.

What I definetly hope for in kotor2 is a fix that removes that stupid bug that sets my ability scores to "8" when I level up. Even with all patches for kotor1 installed, it happens to me again and again. freaking annoying!

Never had that happen to me in any of my play throughs (all 7 of them) of KOTOR I. Weird. I thought KOTOR I was near flawless in terms of no serious bugs or problems I had with it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There was 2 problems with K1 for me.... 1 it crashed alot upon loading new areas. Most of the time it woudn't do that, which made the game playable, but it was frustrating, and didn't make any sense to me. 2 some of the characters had limbs that were hanging off of their bodies :) , which although humourous, got to be very annoying, obviously a video card issue. I'm on a laptop, so I can understand there should be some issues. But the fact that I can play games like Doom 3 and HL2 without any problems makes me think they just didn't put enough effort into K1's PC version. From what they've released so far it looks like it'll be better, we'll see...

What I definetly hope for in kotor2 is a fix that removes that stupid bug that sets my ability scores to "8" when I level up. Even with all patches for kotor1 installed, it happens to me again and again. freaking annoying!

Never had that happen to me in any of my play throughs (all 7 of them) of KOTOR I. Weird. I thought KOTOR I was near flawless in terms of no serious bugs or problems I had with it.

Weird indeed... that bug happened, so they fixed it in a patch... but still it does happen to me.... When it happens I still get max hit points at the end of levelling up but since the character values drop to 8, I only receive 1 skill point...

ergo: I have to reload. Most often to restart the game. That happens to me under Win2k and WinXP. I have had this odd bug on 3 different systems....so it is an issue.

Thus I save before *every* level up.

I had another weird bug once, where I lost all my credits. Going back to an earlier savegame did not work. The bug kept coming. Thus I used a cheat to get my money back, But then you get a yellow "CHEAT" on every savegame. I felt so angry. :)

I think we all bugged the devs months ago when the delayed release announcement was made, that we expected extra content, etc, for being forced to wait again. I also believe our collective wrists were slapped and we were told to go to our collective rooms and wait for our collective fathers to get home to get our collective whoopins for being collectively whiney.

But I still wouldn't mind seeing extra stuff in the PC version.

Nope, pc version is probably more polished. And obsidian is a basically computer developer, so they may just have problems with writing the code for the xbox

Technically speaking, writting code/development for a console is much simpler then a PC.

they are using an engine designed for the PC.

I believe with that last comment he destroyed you all,, he is right, this is just a modified engine to be specific. They had to go through more trouble in order to port it to the xbox.

With some of the reviews commenting on the bugs in the XBox version, do you think that once our PC version is released in 2 months time, we'll get a more polished version?  Or are these kinds of bugs inherent with this engine that KOTOR uses?

What about items?  Do you think newer items will be included, or is it too much to ask and too late in the development process for some small "extras" to pacify us?

They better give us some extra crap and a relatively bug free game cause we deserve it for being lied too. I should be playing the PC version right now.....*weep*.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I really want to play the game, but i've come to terms that i won't have the game untill february.

But i would still kick the LA dude's a## who came up with the "brilliant" idea that the PC version should come out later. Oh and i would soooo kick Darth Gates a## too!!!! :angry: