PC version more "polished"?

With some of the reviews commenting on the bugs in the XBox version, do you think that once our PC version is released in 2 months time, we'll get a more polished version? Or are these kinds of bugs inherent with this engine that KOTOR uses?

What about items? Do you think newer items will be included, or is it too much to ask and too late in the development process for some small "extras" to pacify us?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You're kidding, right GoA...

a bug free PC game, NEVER.

We'll get higher resolution and Antialiasing hech maybe even more detailed textures, but that's it.

But hey, atleast we'll get patches, the poor international X-boxers wont get anything.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

With some of the reviews commenting on the bugs in the XBox version, do you think that once our PC version is released in 2 months time, we'll get a more polished version?  Or are these kinds of bugs inherent with this engine that KOTOR uses?

I think the bugs stem more from the complexity of any large CRPG. As to whether it will be more polished, perhaps not at initial release, but subsequent patches are certain to make it a better game.

Nope, pc version is probably more polished. And obsidian is a basically computer developer, so they may just have problems with writing the code for the xbox

Technically speaking, writting code/development for a console is much simpler then a PC.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Am I the only one who feels like this: If the game isn't more polished/has extra content when it comes out in February.. then what the hell are we waiting for? Wouldn't that mean they're holding it back for no reason at all?

Does anyone know if they're planning to do localized versions of the game? If they need extra time to translate the game into french, german, spanish and so on I'd understand some of the delay. But almost three months? That's an awful long time to translate something. Especially considering that the dialogue must have been finished months before the game went gold for the US Xbox-owners. Do they really need 3-4-5 months to translate dialogue..?

I hope Obsidian can explain this delay some day..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Nope, pc version is probably more polished. And obsidian is a basically computer developer, so they may just have problems with writing the code for the xbox

Technically speaking, writting code/development for a console is much simpler then a PC.

they are using an engine designed for the PC.

You're kidding, right GoA...

a bug free PC game, NEVER.

We'll get higher resolution and Antialiasing hech maybe even more detailed textures, but that's it.

But hey, atleast we'll get patches, the poor international X-boxers wont get anything.

I didn't mean a bug free game. I meant some of the bugs that are in the XBox version that were rushed and that might be fixable given the extra 2 months they have.

But as someone stated, it's probably just a pipe dream considering the majority of the team has moved on to NWN2.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Mmm. I imagine that you're correct there, GhostofAnakin.

Yet we won't have all the problems the X-boxers are having. Load times. Stuttering. Some times it is good to be a PC'er.

Fnord.

With some of the reviews commenting on the bugs in the XBox version, do you think that once our PC version is released in 2 months time, we'll get a more polished version?  Or are these kinds of bugs inherent with this engine that KOTOR uses?

What about items?  Do you think newer items will be included, or is it too much to ask and too late in the development process for some small "extras" to pacify us?

I hope they don't even consider adding stuff to the PC version. I would rather see them getting as many scripting bugs, wrong item definition files etc. fixed before going gold. Personally, I think the US X-Box version was rushed by the powers that be. It might have gotten the game out of the door for the X-Mas sales (wonder if there is something about the X-Thing there), but it might not have gotten the spit and polish bit that an extra month of QA could have given it. Crossing fingers for the PC (and the international X-Box version for those who might care) version already including the first patch before it goes gold >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I hope they don't even consider adding stuff to the PC version. I would rather see them getting as many scripting bugs, wrong item definition files etc. fixed before going gold. Personally, I think the US X-Box version was rushed by the powers that be. It might have gotten the game out of the door for the X-Mas sales (wonder if there is something about the X-Thing there), but it might not have gotten the spit and polish bit that an extra month of QA could have given it. Crossing fingers for the PC (and the international X-Box version for those who might care) version already including the first patch before it goes gold >_<

True. But how much more "fixing" can they do, given that the majority of the team has moved on to the NWN2 project?

I have visions of the PC version being all done and completed, but just sitting in a half-empty warehouse collecting dust until the pre-determined 2 month delay is over. <_<

True.  But how much more "fixing" can they do, given that the majority of the team has moved on to the NWN2 project? 

I have visions of the PC version being all done and completed, but just sitting in a half-empty warehouse collecting dust until the pre-determined 2 month delay is over.  <_>

They might pick up a few the more obvious (easily fixable ?) ones from the feedback, that the guinea pi... I mean the X-Boxers runs into the next few weeks.

That would be stuff like missing triggers, wrong ability checks, stuff that is usually stored in datafiles and scripts. Something always get overlooked. Some of it might be just annoying, some potentially game breaking. Let's lean back, get the popcorn and listen to the wailing of those who get the first release batch of the game :-"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein