PC version more "polished"?

Everytime I see jedipodo's name, I think of that Mandalorian girl on the Ebon Hawk and hear her saying "Ki puna!  Bona na keechu!" whilst hitting herself.

lol. Is this an offense?

Well, everytime I read jedipodo I rather think of a load of bantha poodoo... :cool: But I must admit you are the one of us with more imagination.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I hope Obsidian is using this time to fix bugs and other refinement of the game otherwise this time is just a waste.

Agreed.

I really really hope they correct the problems... I want to get this game when it's released and not when it hits the bargain bin. :blink:

I'm not going to suffer another MOO3 incident again :)

And that is why they can keep releasing piece of **** non-functional products. Of course the fanbase of 13 year olds who don't know any better and adults who'll drop 50 dollars to get the right arm of a luke skywalker action figure will buy it no matter what.

you always wait for the bargin bin don't you, i'm too impatient

That is why people like you are ruining the game industry. Why game companies have no problems in releasing buggy games for they know people like you will buy them no matter what. It goes by the old saying, "A fool and his money are easily parted."

"you always wait for the bargin bin don't you, i'm too impatient"

No, he actually always pre-orders the games he is getting. Then he says he is going to wait for the bargain bin. Which, in a way, is true, since that's where he is going to pick up the second/third copy of the game.

It's funny but true.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

"Oh you have insight in my game collection? Okay, when did you break into my apartment and supposed saw this? May I have your real name and address so I can call the police for such breaking and entering is rather illegal where I live."

Ha. You know what he says is true. Afterall, you are the one who swore off all BIO games after NWN (which you rated 75%) yet gobbled up the two expansions AND the DD mods (which even I haven't) right away as well.

You saying you'll wait 'til bargain bin means nothing as it's kinda ahrd to take you at your word on those issues.

I'd say sorry; but I don't apologize for typing the truth. :rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Oh you have insight in my game collection?  Okay, when did you break into my apartment and supposed saw this?  May I have your real name and address so I can call the police for such breaking and entering is rather illegal where I live.

Does Finland even have an extradition law in effect? :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I bought the main game so I might as well buy the expansions. I did it with Morrowind and BG, so what's your point? Oh, and I spent $5. OH MY F**KING GOD! THAT IS SUCH A BIG WASTE OF MONEY! THAT MUST BE FREAKING TRIPLE CANADA'S TOTAL NET WORTH!

Give me a freaking break.

Hades, didn't you swear to never buy KOTOR:2? I'm glad you've had a change of heart and want to support Obsidian. I thought for a while that you were just here to bitch.

(Mind you, I don't dislike Hades. We've agreed on various things in the past, and I'm sure he's a pretty intelligent fellow. I'm just holding him to his word).

I haven't seen any "bugs" in the game. Several people have played flawlessly. What "bugs" I've seen are just lag and lock-ups. I'm guessing that may be due to the inferior XBox hardware. On a system with nearly 10 times as much memory, you're probably less likely to see these.

However, I understand that I'm merely speculating.

"After the NWN OC, the promises of a real story kind of made me run hopefully to the store, despite skepticism, because there was a lot of good in the game design."

Aren't you the one always complaining about BIo and their crappy customer support, and buggy engines? Mind you, I haven't really heard your opinion on the actual games. Hmm.. I think that may be because you'd be "forced" to actually say something positive about them for once.

Am I right? (w00t)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I haven't seen any "bugs" in the game.  Several people have played flawlessly.  What "bugs" I've seen are just lag and lock-ups.  I'm guessing that may be due to the inferior XBox hardware.  On a system with nearly 10 times as much memory, you're probably less likely to see these.

However, I understand that I'm merely speculating.

I experienced the "black screen " only once. However, there are other bugs that will cause quests to be broken (I found about 6 major points where the main quest can be broken and there are probably more) and they seem to be caused by missing scripts checking for variables. Those problems will only show up when you reload a game that you saved at specific points. The hardware you are using does not make any difference here. When this happens, there is nothing you can do if you don't have another saved game. However, I believe Obsidian will fix those for the PC.

That being said, I enjoyed K2 a lot but I wished it had some more polishing (more QA testing before release).

I have always said that their design for games was really good. That's not what we were talking about here. I enjoyed NWN, despite hacking through zillions of 2 xp goblins. I think it could have been better if they'd not used the very generic hub and spokes system for structuring their campaigns, but I like the games quite a lot nevertheless. Their bugginess is an entirely different matter. I bought KotOR partly thinking about the continued support NWN has received, but KotOR's being so broken has now wrecked that trust.

I have always said that their design for games was really good.  That's not what we were talking about here.  I enjoyed NWN, despite hacking through zillions of 2 xp goblins.  I think it could have been better if they'd not used the very generic hub and spokes system for structuring their campaigns, but I like the games quite a lot nevertheless.  Their bugginess is an entirely different matter.  I bought KotOR partly thinking about the continued support NWN has received, but KotOR's being so broken has now wrecked that trust.

KOTOR was broken? Or KOTOR2?

Because if you're talking about the first one, I've had ZERO problems with it on my bottom-of-the-line-POS-computer. In fact, compared to many of the other games I've bought and had trouble with, KOTOR has been remarkably stable for me. In 8 attempted play throughs (5 complete play throughs) I've experienced 1 crash to desk top, 1 freezing, and the occassional slowdown in crowded areas. So if you're referring to KOTOR, then I'd say you're either extremely unlucky that you got such a buggy copy, or you're exaggerating to prove a point.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)