So, what do you think?

It says on Amazon.co.uk that they'll have the X$ux version by 11th February, and seeing as how the PC game is supposed to be released the same time as the International X$ux....

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

I don t care whether it goes gold today or tomorrow, but:

DON`T PRESS THE RELEASE! DELIVER A STABLE AND ENJOYING GAME! USE THE ADVANTAGE OF THE PC!

Thank you Obsidian!

/concur

I'm guessing that at this point the game is completed. The only reason they need to spend more time on the PC version is because of testing. When you get an Xbox, you have an xbox. any xbox game runs on an xbox. Simple. PC's though, have diferent sound cards different video cards, varying levels of ram, different brands, and stupid crap people put on their computers that could interfere with running the game. They have to test all of that to make sure the game is working for all the PC's.

Since the Xbox version is done and released, they're obviously not working on the game itself, just polishing it and porting it for the PC, which takes longer than Xobxs because it's more complicated. And this is the part where it's very important, because if they just released what they had now, there would probably be tons of glitches and other issues. I perfer them taking their time to ensure a stable, functioning game client.

But that isn't to say I'm not having a fit of the "HURRY UP!!!"s.

I hate waiting until Feb. I may be tempted to go out and buy the strategy guide when it comes out to see what happens in the game.

NO, don't give in to the XBox side!! :'(

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

The reason the PC version is taking forever is because most of the KotOR II crew has already transferred to NWN II and only a select few are still working on the PC version. Once again Darth Lucas leaves us poor PC users with nothing....

The reason the PC version is taking forever is because most of the KotOR II crew has already transferred to NWN II and only a select few are still working on the PC version. Once again Darth Lucas leaves us poor PC users with nothing....

Me thinks Darth Lucas has been influenced by Emporer Gates.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I have a fool's hope that Lucasarts will surprise us and  get the PC version out by Christmas. I doubt it, but if they aren't going to improve the PC version then for what are they waiting?

They're cutting it close if that's the case. :p"

Come on, boys. You still have 13 days to release the game on PC! That'll give us the 24th to make a mad scramble to buy it in time for Christmas.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Although the name is KOTOR II The Sith Lords, it is basically an expansion of KOTOR I.

Think of Bioware's NWN and expasions like SoU and HoU. Exactly same game play and graphics with minor tweaks, and additional enhancements like epic spells and epic feats, and new stories with each new additional games.

Obsidian used the same toolsets and scripts to create this new game that Bioware used to make KOTOR I.

I am guessing it probably took Obdidian longer to come up with the story than to implement it. They didn't have worry too much about hardware compatibilitiew to begin with, and LA even took care of the music and voice recordings.

If you can play KOTOR I in your latest hardware, you will be able to paly KOTOR II too, period, because at its core the game is exactly same in terms of system requirements.

LA probably signed an exclusive deal with MS to maximize the holiday sales for x-box, and since they are not the publisher, Obsidian had no say in this matter.

I am hoping the pc version is more or less complete, and will be released sooner than 2/2005.

Maybe darth Lucas will overcome the mind control of Darth Gates and realize he'll make more money if he gives it to us now.

Darth Gates can't mind control Darth Lucas if he is *lightsaber egnites* one with the force...

Anyway, how much must you sell to get Gold?

What do you mean "how much must you sell to get Gold?"

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

What do you mean "how much must you sell to get Gold?"

In the record industry, when you sell a certain amount of records (based on a percentage of the total population of your country) your record goes gold. I think he confused the computer term "go gold" (when the game is done and finished it's sent to printing on a gold CD, or at least it used to be) with the record companies expression.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

In gaming world (as someone explained before) GOLD means that the development of the game is finnished and it is ready for production.

I believe that gold with regard to sales is for music CDs.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom