OMG! THE GAME HAS LOADS OF FMVs!

Just started to look really carefully through the game, in the main menu under the movie section... it says unlocked 5/64! I have the intro, some FMVs and the credits, there's 64 in total movies!

Offtopic

PS. The Republic Commando demo has the coolest music in the main menu.. Sovjet-style choir-singing! :D

Cool. You didn't ruin anything for me. So i know how many FMV's... doesn't matter, but it's good to know that the game is even heavier story driven than before  (w00t)

I was joking.

And as for Hades_One's comment, I agree. FMV's are great to watch and all, but when there's more FMV time than actual playtime it gets annoying. As long as the playtime and the FMV time are balanced out for KotOR 2 I'm all for it.

Just started to look really carefully through the game, in the main menu under the movie section... it says unlocked 5/64! I have the intro, some FMVs and the credits, there's 64 in total movies!

Offtopic

PS. The Republic Commando demo has the coolest music in the main menu.. Sovjet-style choir-singing! :D

KOTOR 1 actually had more FMV's then were in the movie (ie. the Ebon Hawk leaving Taris etc.) but 64 is still very impressive but remember you take alot more shuttles and things in this game and those are two FMV's a peice

Cool. You didn't ruin anything for me. So i know how many FMV's... doesn't matter, but it's good to know that the game is even heavier story driven than before  (w00t)

I was joking.

And as for Hades_One's comment, I agree. FMV's are great to watch and all, but when there's more FMV time than actual playtime it gets annoying. As long as the playtime and the FMV time are balanced out for KotOR 2 I'm all for it.

I doubt that we would be getting more playtime if there were fewer FMV's. You actually can make more FMV's without altering playtime you know. That goes for you to Hades.

I have to point this out. Is 64 really that much. Okay, intro and ending, 2 fmvs. How many planets are there? I don't know, let's say 7. With entering and leaving, that's 14 fmv's. Add the enter Ebon Hawk and exit Ebon Hawk battle sequences and there are 2 more. Maybe they even used one for the credits? My point is that you could have 20 fmv's that barely add up to a couple minutes in playing time. I wouldn't get excited by sheer numbers too early.

I have to point this out. Is 64 really that much. Okay, intro and ending, 2 fmvs. How many planets are there? I don't know, let's say 7. With entering and leaving, that's 14 fmv's. Add the enter Ebon Hawk and exit Ebon Hawk battle sequences and there are 2 more. Maybe they even used one for the credits? My point is that you could have 20 fmv's that barely add up to a couple minutes in playing time. I wouldn't get excited by sheer numbers too early.

No, 64 isn't that much.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

FMVs in CRPGs are like exposition in literature. If teh game has a load of FMVs that means you are watching the game play itself and not playing the game.

Exposition is cool. That's why the first part of War and Peace is the best. Later on you just realize Tolstoy's a mystic nut-job.... Digressions in all works are the best though, although ecphases kinda suck.

If FMVs are done properly then they greatly enhance gameplay. I loved the way they were used in FFVIII, FFX, and FFX-2. They told the story with a dazzling bit of video to reward the player for getting to a certain spot right before they were slaughtered by some vicious boss. I would say that the time balanced out pretty well in those games. I don't need to have non-stop gaming action to be happy, that's why I play Dynasty Warriors, and other fast-paced games. For me the story of an RPG is more important than how long you get to press buttons until you find out the next part of the story. The story is part of the gameplay.

And if you consider the all the Light/Dark Side choices presented just from the pre-XBox release news, it's not much.