Ask questions to those who have the game.

With the x-box version coming out soon some of us internationals and pc'ers would like some basic info on the game, such as comparisons on the different classes, feats etc.

So on this topic you can just ask questions and those b******s (sorry I meant lucky gamers) :thumbsup: who have the x-box version can answer them if they want to be kind and/or take pity on us. Try and keep the posts on questions and answers, we dont want a 50 page thread of posts that don't tell us anything.

Oh and Kazic I am not taking away from your 'spoilers' topic, it's just that most people don't want to go through 113 pages to find simple info. Please don't release the fury of the pink side on me. :)

So if you want spoliers use Kazic's topic, not this one.

Here's a few questions to get us started:

What are the comparrisons between the 3 jedi classes? How many health, force and skill points do they get? And what class skills do they each have?

How many extra skill points do the intelligence bonuses give you? Is it still just one point per +1 bonus?

What has been done to help make the 'duelling' feat better? I hope level 3 isn't just +3 to hit and defence again........

How many feats do the 3 jedi classes get in the first 20 levels?

Okay so if there are any other non-spoiler questions ask away. Then if an x-boxer and take the time to look at the manual before playing it would be much appreaciated by the rest of us. :)

How many extra skill points do the intelligence bonuses give you? Is it still just one point per +1 bonus?

Apologies for threadjacking with a spot of pedantry but Int wasn't even that good. In KotOR you only get +1 skill point per +2 bonus (i.e. Int 10-13 = no extra Skill point; Int 14-17 = +1 etc.)

Other than that I second all your questions, especially as regards the Jedi classes.

Here's one that's very important to me and I actually DO NOT want specific spoiler information.

A lot of the hype, emphasis,and even the basis of reviews and previews have focused on the darkness of KotOR2 - generally darker in feel, yes, but also it seems purely from playing from a Dark Sider point of view. For instance, the IGN review goes on and on about all the cool dark elements are, then seems brush off the Light Side as, "Well, I'm sure that's satsifactory as well". Assume, just for a moment, that I don't go with the darker = undoubtably better point of view. Not only do I not want to play a Dark Sider (and likely never will), I'm not particularly interested in playing an anti-hero either. I want to play a hero - a basically (though imperfectly) good person who does things that makes the game world a better place. I crave warm fuzzies like chocolate (mmmm chocolate) - even if the game has bittersweet elements I want my milk chocolate too.

Eh. I need to eat lunch, evidently. Anyway....

I love KotOR 1. I want to love KotOR 2. A lot of the technical things (like character influence) sound pretty intriguing. I'm concerned, however, that my desire to play the role of a hero in the story will not be met with this game. Reviews, previews, and developer posts have not answered this for me (or rather, have not given me much hope). I don't expect things to be sunshine and lollipops, but in the end, if I play a Light Side character, will I sit back at the final credits with a sense of satisfaction?

Here's one that's very important to me and I actually DO NOT want specific spoiler information.

Ditto...

My sentiments exactly.

...Not only do I not want to play a Dark Sider (and likely never will)...

You realize of course that you'll lose half of the replay value because of that....

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

I'd like to know:

Are skills worth it this time around for the main character? Which are the best? Which if any should be raised to the max?

Are there many things that only a PC can do - i.e. can we use NPCs to make things on the bench, repair certain droids :lol:, etc or is it for the PC alone?

Are mines truly deadly or can they be shrugged off? Is it useful to scout ahead with a stealthed character? These conversations that can be overheard, can only PC do it, or would a party NPC do?

Dual-wielding versus duelling feats - did something change? Is dual-wielding worth it for a non-Guardian?

What new feat treas have been added?

Lightsaber and Force forms - what do they actually do? Stats would be best. Do we need to spend feats to get them?

Do old Force Powers work the same as in the first game? What new FPs that can be picked on level-up have been added?

Detailed info on the prestige classes (this will probably take awhile).

TIA :p.

I'd like to know:

Are skills worth it this time around for the main character? Which are the best? Which if any should be raised to the max?

Of the little little little I have played, the replay value seems to be big JUST because of the skills. I put about one or two points in every skill, just a little test play and it was pretty cool. At the Lab Table(or what it was called) I had two points into the Treat Injury and that let me create medecine packs.

Another computer had the options [Repair] but I failed, it also had the option [Computer Use] and the [Awareness] skill did actually bring up extra dialog!

Oh and the game is dark..... I've played about an hour and have just met three people in the game so far. The place is really big and it's still in the beginning! It's just some mining droids that are trying to kill you and I actually feel lost as the place is really big. And all the computers have freaky holographic journals left displaying cut up messages of what happend.

I've just barely started but I'll try to answer a few questins for you.

skills:not sure of the specifics but it doesn't seem like you get hashed as much for being a jedi this time.I'm playing a sentinel and I get 4 pts per level with a 12 int.The most important thing about skill this time is they all(except persuade) affect what what items you can craft using a work bench.

comparisons of classes are as such:

jedi class- vitality- force- skill prog- feat prog- force prog

guardian- 10- 4- slow- fast- avg

consular- 6- 8- slow- slow- fast

sentinel- 8- 6- avg- avg- avg

weapon master - 10- 6- slow- fast- avg

jedi master- 6- 10- slow- slow- fast

watchmen- 8- 8- avg- avg- fast

marauder- 10- 6- slow- fast- avg-

sith lord- 6- 10- slow- slow- fast-

sith assassin- 8- 8- avg- avg- fast

On one last note-the level of implants you can equip is now determined by your constitution,rather than by feats. :ermm:

Thanks VIctory6 for posting that info!!!

"sentinel- 8- 6- avg- avg- avg"

"consular- 6- 8- slow- slow- fast"

Prima can suuuuuuck it! :p

Bummer about the implants though. I might have to bump that past 10 in this game I guess.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I've just barely started but I'll try to answer a few questins for you.

The most important thing about skill this time is they all(except persuade) affect what what items you can craft using a work bench.

But can't I use an NPC to craft items? There are quite a few "makes X" in the descriptions of party NPCs and in the Prima guide excerpt they say that there is no reason for PC to have repair, etc.

Bummer about the implants. Pretty strange, too, as characters with hig Con don't need any usually, it is the frail characters that do...

The con for implants aspect has been the most disapointing thing for me so far.I mean I have a 12 con and the only implant I've found to use so far I can use is a reflex package!It looks like you have to have at least a 16 con to use any decent implants.At least there's no level cap.

In answer to a couple more questions:

1.I'm afraid the dueling bonuses have not changed

2.Yes you can use your party members to craft items for you,which is very useful.

Also put at least a point or two in demolitions,and use a lab to make a few minor frag mines.You need them to open some doors/containers.

In answer to a couple more questions:

1.I'm afraid the dueling bonuses have not changed

2.Yes you can use your party members to craft items for you,which is very useful.

Also put at least a point or two in demolitions,and use a lab to make a few minor frag mines.You need them to open some doors/containers.

Another bummer. IIRC they said something about making single-weapon fighting better, but I guess not.

Why would I need to put points in demolition or in any skills besides persuasion, awarness and possibly treat injury? After all, I can have a skilled party member craft for me. Or are there items only a PC can craft or quests where only PC's skill counts? Repair of a certain droid, for instance :ermm:?

Oh, and do we neeed to use a finesse feat for our Dex to count towards "to hit" with the lightsaber? The guide excerpt said something like that...

16 Con to use a middle of the way implant?! I guess I'll forgo implants in this game. Character with enough Con to get the best ones won't have much challenege anyway - they say that the difficulty level is the same as in the first game.

Yes, you need the light sabre finess feat to use dex bonuses.There is also a melee finess feat.

As for demolitions,you're alone for alot of Peragus station.You don't actualy need demolitions but it irks me when I can't open a door, or container.

2 separate finesse feats? I am not sure that I like it...

What can you tell me about repair? Will I need it for a certain character's quest or not?

Also, can't you return to those doors on Peragus once you have gotten Atton? The way I see it, I'll just make him into my skill factory. He gets at least 4 points per level, yes? Enough to cover my skill needs, if he can apply all skills he has to the construction of items on the benches.

I'm not sure if you need repair this time or not,let me explain.First T3 has some issues that need fixed for which you need repair and computer skills,but I'm unsure if anyone else can do it because I haven't had T3 off the ship since Peragus station.HK47 is broken but you need to find parts and it doesnt seem like you need repair for this.As to whether he'll need further maintenance after I find his parts is yet to be seen.

As for demolitions, I guess there was just one container I couldn't get open,and no you cant go back to it in this case.The game does hint that there will be other times when you are on your own as well.

One more note to my fellow lightsiders out there-when you reach max light you recieve a +3 con bonus!