Has Anyone Got KOTOR 2 TSL Yet?

How interesting are you finding some of the NPCs that have joined your party? Thanks for any answers you may provide...

The characters in my party have so far been very engaging. I was following the development of the sequel since it was announced, and I had always thought that pretty boy, elvis look alike, Atton Rand seemed kinda lame. But his character is actually quite cool, not like Carth, who was a constant annoyance in the first game.

Kreia is a very interesting character. Even though she has turned out to be an almost carbon copy of the character that I am building, I couldn't imagine dropping her for a more complementary npc. She is so mysterious that I don't want to miss a chance to learn something more about her history.

The 2 droids play a big part in this planet (as you've probably already read), and have made for some very interesting plotlines.

I am trying to play a dark jedi, but I find it a real challenge to earn dark side points in the dialogue (and the same would be for earning light side I think) while trying to keep influence high on these characters.

I am only half way through the mining planet, and have spent about six hours so far.

I can't wait till I finish work today so I can get back to it . . .

I've found that as well. I love what they've done with Party NPC involement. Kreia and Atton are so funny together.

Also I have to say I love the role T3 has played so far. He's absolutely the best in this game. I love how he's been fleshed out and made more like R2-D2.

I have played for 5 hours and am to the second planet but haven't done much there yet. Suffice it to say, I'm calling it the Mannan of K2 as I'm finding it's security nearly as annoying, but in the opposite way of how the selkath's laws were annoying. PM me or rmail me if you have any questions.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tell me, are the dialogue choices for your PC more subtle this time around?

I'm not sure how to answer this. The dialogue is more intersting and there is a lot more of it. If by subtlety you mean "difficult to get the desired outcome", then I'd say absolutely. If you mean subtle as in "difficult to see what is the lightside/darkside reponse", than no. But I think it should be obvious which is which since the two sides are such extremes to one another. Usually there is a grey area response as well.

I'm not sure how to answer this. The dialogue is more intersting and there is a lot more of it. If by subtlety you mean "difficult to get the desired outcome", then I'd say absolutely. If you mean subtle as in "difficult to see what is the lightside/darkside reponse", than no. But I think it should be obvious which is which since the two sides are such extremes to one another. Usually there is a grey area response as well.

There are defitely more little nuiances in the dialogue this time around wouldn't you say Sol? I the convo with the "protocol" droid proves that very well doesn't it?

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

How interesting are you finding some of the NPCs that have joined your party? Thanks for any answers you may provide...

The characters in my party have so far been very engaging. I was following the development of the sequel since it was announced, and I had always thought that pretty boy, elvis look alike, Atton Rand seemed kinda lame. But his character is actually quite cool, not like Carth, who was a constant annoyance in the first game.

Kreia is a very interesting character. Even though she has turned out to be an almost carbon copy of the character that I am building, I couldn't imagine dropping her for a more complementary npc. She is so mysterious that I don't want to miss a chance to learn something more about her history.

The 2 droids play a big part in this planet (as you've probably already read), and have made for some very interesting plotlines.

I am trying to play a dark jedi, but I find it a real challenge to earn dark side points in the dialogue (and the same would be for earning light side I think) while trying to keep influence high on these characters.

I am only half way through the mining planet, and have spent about six hours so far.

Great stuff. I find it especially interesting what you said about having hard choices to make when dealing with the NPCs in your party. I suspect I, too, will be taking long periods of time trying to decide the best response for each moment or character. It sound like the new Influence dynamic is working to good effect. Man, I can't wait to get the game this afternoon...

The characters seem more fleshed out. The force powers are more abundant making for a wide variety of characters. The skill usage is much more important and also more realistic, unlike the previous game for instance where every terminal required a computer spike even if someone was standing next to it before you killed them to use it I don't think I have come across one terminal I could not access outright yet only highly specialized commands in the terminals which have a direct story tie in for why they are secured. The story is more engaging right from the start. I can go on and on.

Great stuff. I find it especially interesting what you said about having hard choices to make when dealing with the NPCs in your party. I suspect I, too, will be taking long periods of time trying to decide the best response for each moment or character. It sound like the new Influence dynamic is working to good effect. Man, I can't wait to get the game this afternoon...

You will defintely find your self having to take sides and choose one character over the other sometimes. It comes down to who you want to influence.

There are defitely more little nuiances in the dialogue this time around wouldn't you say Sol? I the convo with the "protocol" droid proves that very well doesn't it?

Thanks for that input, Kazic. Sounds great. Anything either Sol or you can add, feel free to do so. Lets keep this thread interesting instead of the flamewar it was degenerating into.

The skill usage is much more important and also more realistic, unlike the previous game for instance where every terminal required a computer spike even if someone was standing next to it before you killed them to use it I don't think I have come across one terminal I could not access outright yet only highly specialized commands in the terminals which have a direct story tie in for why they are secured. The story is more engaging right from the start. I can go on and on.

YES the skill system is quite amazing, even though my character is quite limited skill-wise, I can find other ways to get around those limitations. The game leaves lots of options for creative problem solving.

I also LOVE the upgrade/item creation system. Medpacks are few, so I'm forced to look for parts to make them.

I can't wait till I have a full party of complimentary characters so that skill use would not be so expensive.

The characters seem more fleshed out. The force powers are more abundant making for a wide variety of characters. The skill usage is much more important and also more realistic, unlike the previous game for instance where every terminal required a computer spike even if someone was standing next to it before you killed them to use it I don't think I have come across one terminal I could not access outright yet only highly specialized commands in the terminals which have a direct story tie in for why they are secured. The story is more engaging right from the start. I can go on and on.

Great info. Feel free to go on and on and on and on... :)

After all the devs have claimed that they want to balance TSL more, can those who have the game confirm that 'duelling' and ranged feats are more effective to use?

Duelling had better be better than +3 hit and defence.

I think so. It's hard to tell because I'm only level 6. The game hides all the force powers and feats that will be available once I can choose a specialized class. But there is one feat that looks intersting in this respect. It has 5 or 6 levels and each add a negation to the effects of jedi defense on ranged attacks.

In the first game, even on the highest difficulty, it seemed that I rarely had to use shields and ion weapons. I find that I am forced to use them a lot more this time around. But it might be because my character has only 8 con and I set the game to the highest difficulty . . .

After all the devs have claimed that they want to balance TSL more, can those who have the game confirm that 'duelling' and ranged feats are more effective to use?

I think so. It's hard to tell because I'm only level 6. The game hides all the force powers and feats that will be available once I can choose a specialized class. But there is one feat that looks intersting in this respect. It has 5 or 6 levels and each add a negation to the effects of jedi defense on ranged attacks.

In the first game, even on the highest difficulty, it seemed that I rarely had to use shields and ion weapons. I find that I am forced to use them a lot more this time around. But it might be because my character has only 8 con and I set the game to the highest difficulty . . .

>_< Ummmm.....yeah. That would do it.

It depends on the item, you probably use most of the skills in the creation of one item or another. For instance there is a lightsaber lense you can create that adds 1-12 energy damage and requires 17 awareness.

What skills are needed in item creation?  Is treat injury for med-kits and repair for the items?

I think they are balanced fairly well. Two weapon fighting gives you one extra attack per round at -2 which when combined with the +3 to hit from dueling works out to a 25% difference in your chance to hit on a roll of 1d20. It is a 15% decrease to hit for main hand from dueling and also a 15% decrease in your defense. Against easy to hit opponents it is the clear winner because of extra damage but against people who you actually miss against it may not always be the best option and against people who can hit you the extra defense can help more than you would think. I actually prefer dueling myself versus the extra attack, I still atleast 4 attacks per round with master speed and master flurry and will hit more often and be hit less often.

Alright I'm going to pick it up NOW!  Game Crazy just called me to let me know it came in! YESSSSSSSSSS FINALLY!  Sometime later tonight or tomorrow I'll let you guys know about what I think of it.

Damn you!!

Naw, congrats dude... if you say the game sucks, i'm taking an airplane over to strangle you >_<

Thanks for the answers. >_<

Is it true what the Prima guide says about the Sentinel class getting the fewest feats? I hope not cos that would ruin the new imporved version obsidian has made.

How many feats does each class get? I assume there is a table in the manual that tells the gamers these things........

Siorfin and Sol, thanks for posting this stuff. Without the game, we will quite happily feast on these tidbits. :D

I was wondering what feats the different classes get at creation. Does the game start you off on one of the main attack feats (power attack, flurry or crit. strike) or can you pick your choice at character creation?

I also would really like to hear that the Prima guide was wrong about Sentinels having the fewest feats.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Siorfin and Sol, thanks for posting this stuff. Without the game, we will quite happily feast on these tidbits.  :D

I was wondering what feats the different classes get at creation. Does the game start you off on one of the main attack feats (power attack, flurry or crit. strike) or can you pick your choice at character creation?

I also would really like to hear that the Prima guide was wrong about Sentinels having the fewest feats.

Feats given at character creation is sorta the same. You don't get a choice to pick them, they come with the choice of character class. That probably has to do with d20 rules. I think there are a few more than what KOTOR gave.

I can't answer about the sentinel feat thing. Sentinels suck: poor at both force power use AND melee, why would anyone choose to use them? I'm playing a consular and it seems feats are few and far between, just like in KOTOR.