Designer Ramblings: New Cast of Companions

Thanks for the info Chris. You rock! :lol:

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hey chris, what did you mean by the underdog comment?

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

...excellent decision...although the decision to have a "Nameless One" protagonist makes me a bit leery (as in can it be done as well as you did it in PS:T), havin' as few "throw-backs" as possible be a commendable choice...plus, it's yer baby now, not BIO's, so puttin' yer own stamp on it is a must... :devil:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

For me, it was quite obvious that K2 wasnt going to be a continuation of KoTOR as soon as I heard the about the main character and I agree that it is a good thing. Isnt a large part of it also that since K2 will be Obsidians first game, its important to show you can stand on your own legs and create something new?

But Ill admit that my first comment was: "Thats like going to see Spiderman II and finding it to be about Peter Parkers unknown second cousins roommate"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why don't you like it Planar?

Because it makes your choices in kotor did not affect your companions really, and if their deaths are not well written(story wise) it would really disapoint me. But i am happy because Mr. Avelone's NPCs are just awesome, and if they did not kill Revan then that rambling is positive.

There is hope beyond hope

Shrug. IMHO, with the direct continuation of KOTOR we could have had only those NPCs that survive in any case in our party and others might have gotten cameos - exactly as they are doing in TSL.

I don't care much that we are getting new companions, but IMHO another super-powerful Jedi (who wasn't notable enough to be mentioned in the previous game) with a dark past is an overkill. We just as well could have gotten Revan who recovers after a grave injury (hence only lvl 5 or so in the beginning) and starts to unravel whatever mystery the game has in mind, while facing events and people out of his past (which never happened in KOTOR). Dark or light ending of KOTOR could have been determined via questions, too.

Finally, yes, it makes no sense to have a however long series of games with the same protagonist, but either duology or trilogy should be feasible and in fact preferrable. If they want to use a new protagonist every time, at least the games should be spaced by several decades in the timeline. It doesn't make sense that while all the attention was focussed on Revan and Malak there was that incredibly powerful young Jedi who in the end is going to outstrip them both, but who passes completely under the radar in the first game. YMMV.