i wonder what the dark green saber color is gonna?

I think that was a myth for KOTOR. Although maybe we will get a black lightsaber for KOTOR 2.  A blacklightsaber and red robes would be cool.

No, you could really get it in the pc version I think. It was a mod or whatever they're called.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Exactly.  It'd defeat the purpose of having a 'light'saber.

That depends on why you think it's called a lightsaber...

It either means...

1) Lightsabers light up and area, therefore "light"sabers

or...

2) All of the weight of a lightsaber is in the hilt, thus making it not a heavy but a "light"saber.

As far as I can tell nobody knows for sure, everybody assumes 1 though.

Exactly.  It'd defeat the purpose of having a 'light'saber.

That depends on why you think it's called a lightsaber...

It either means...

1) Lightsabers light up and area, therefore "light"sabers

or...

2) All of the weight of a lightsaber is in the hilt, thus making it not a heavy but a "light"saber.

As far as I can tell nobody knows for sure, everybody assumes 1 though.

I would go for a sword that emitts light.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

looks to the same colour too me :devil:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

George Lucas originally planned the lightsaber to weigh 50 or so pounds because it was suposed to be pure energy so he said it would weigh alot but he later got rid of this idea...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

dude, energy weighs nothing, litterally all it is is ions and stuff. Maybe there is a black lightsaber with a red hue, with and extremely dark red core, cuz the red ones are artificial crystals-at least they are supposed to be

Actually Energy does have a weight, it just happens to be so small that we don't notice it but it does indeed have a weight.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

A lightsaber's blade is an electromagnetically generated arc wave of pure enery with no mass. The colour (at least in the "real" Star Wars universe) is defined by the combination of crytals that filter out certain colours. If it was possible to filter out all the colours you could theoretically have a lightsaber that emits no light.

BUT, considering that the only reason you even see the lightsaber blade is because it emits light, if it emitted no light, it would be invisible, and would only be a black lightsaber in the dark.

In order for it to be black, the blade would have to be made of a substance that absorbs light, instead of emitting it. And i can think of nothing that could absorb light/energy but still act as a blade.

A lightsaber's blade is an electromagnetically generated arc wave of pure enery with no mass. The colour (at least in the "real" Star Wars universe) is defined by the combination of crytals that filter out certain colours. If it was possible to filter out all the colours you could theoretically have a lightsaber that emits no light.

BUT, considering that the only reason you even see the lightsaber blade is because it emits light, if it emitted no light, it would be invisible, and would only be a black lightsaber in the dark.

In order for it to be black, the blade would have to be made of a substance that absorbs light, instead of emitting it. And i can think of nothing that could absorb light/energy but still act as a blade.

I have to say that, scientifically, almost all of that is very sound. However, I must bring up one question: If, indeed, this is a "light"saber due to the blade and not the weight, how does light cut something? Hmmm? Im not making an argument for the weight issue because I find that to be stupid. However, light cannot cut anything. Ions or somesuch? Well, sure. But that would be an "energy"saber or something else, not a "light"saber. If everyone wants to get into the issue of why there can not be a black lightsaber based on the viewpoint that black cannot be a "light", then perhaps we should also acknowledge that "light" is not primarily used as a cutting tool. More accurately, we should probably assume that lightsaber is a misnomer.

We can proably assume that considering the blade is made of pure energy, that it is the energy tht cuts, like electricity burns.

We can also assume that its called a lightsaber because it emits light, as all energy does.

If it was possibly to create a lightsaber that doesn't emit light, it would still cut though, but can you imagine how dangerous an invisible blade would be? You would just as likely cut off your own head as someone else's.