Do You Think There Will Be A Kotor 3?

I heard that 'profit mad' Lucas fired all the staff at Lucasarts who were assigned to work on KOTOR 3. So if there is one it may not happen for a while. :(

BUT if there is one made it would depend on what happens in KOTOR 2. I would like to see a trilogy made.

What if we had a prequal to KOTOR? It could start with you as a padawan training on Dantoeene, then joining Revan to fight in the Manalore wars. You could have a few planets where you fight Mandalorians, perhaps stopping off at Taris on the way (we know Revan stoped there to rescue Juhani from slavers).

Then when Revan goes off to look for the Starforge you have a light/ darkside choice.

Light- you go back to the republic and spend the rest of the game fighting against the sith on several worlds.

Darks- you join Revan and go to worlds to conquer them.

Not sure how it would end, probably with a huge fight. maybe Bastilla could use her battle meditation so the jedi win. lightside you win and end on a celebration, dark you are bidding your time to strike again.

Hows that for a good game idea?

ps Bastilla_Skywalker: Is that Yoda pic from episode 3? He looks better than he appeared in ep 2.

I heard that 'profit mad' Lucas fired all the staff at Lucasarts who were assigned to work on KOTOR 3. So if there is one it may not happen for a while. ;) 

Well, the fact that lucasatrs was trying to handle tit ehmselves was not a godd prospect. So, now that they're fired amybe lucas will let 'real' developers handle the 3rd game? :("

If they made it into a proper trilogy, cool! If it's just flogging a dead horse then forget about it. I've been really impressed with what I've seen from Obsidian all the way through - can't wait for NWN 2! On the other hand, Lucasarts have left a lot to be desired in their approach - I get the feeling that if they do a followup themselves then it will just be trade on the KOTOR name, a rushed job purely for the XBox.

There is no doubt in my mind there will be a K3 and it will be developed by a 3rd party maybe even Obsidian. The game will be a 2006 Christmas title for XBox2 and PC. The story will take place sometime after the events of K2 and will be the final installment. Thats my guess anyway.

Cheers!

Hi There! :(

I have heard here and there that there might be a KOTOR 3 after KOTOR 2...Do you think there will be a kotor 3?

And what do you think the story line might be?

Cheero

:p

It's either KOTOR's past or it's future or it might take place after E.6 but i want Casus Fett in my party :D :D :D

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

What i heard was that Lucasarts made cut backs on staff members working on the pre-development of a third installment to KotOR.. which usually means that it wasn't exactly being made by them, per say, but they where planning budget and maybe even the 3rd party developer.. but you never know, they might have been trying to develop it themselves.. but that would be a tragedy.. they are terrible game developers..

I heard that 'profit mad' Lucas fired all the staff at Lucasarts who were assigned to work on KOTOR 3.  So if there is one it may not happen for a while. :(

Lucas actually doesn't decide anything what has to do with LucasArts, they have their own management.

He is busy making his movie(s), so he gave control over everything that isn't directly connected to LucasFilm to someone else. Every department has it's own staff, even LucasFilm, ILM and Skywalker Sound. Then there is the head of all departments who reports to Lucas, but makes most of the decisions.

As long as they don't run their department in a really bad way, he won't interfere.

I don't think LucasArts really wanted to produce KOTOR 3 in house. They probably just worked on a new engine or somethign like that.

OK

Incredibly succesful original

Soon to be Incredibly succesful sequel to original (even if it doesnt win any Game of the year awards, it will win PRG of the year awards for sure)

With these two under the belt, why not make a third, turn it into one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

And I quote

Lucasarts-"LETS MAKE MORE MONEY FOR GEORGE LUCAS DAMN IT!"

You know the KOTOR series can go on for awhile. I mean with no EU background on Revan, you can get a prequel for KOTOR. Plus you have all this time inbetween the KOTOR timeline and Episode I. I want my grandkids playing KOTOR 47 so as long as the game quality is good, I see this series with the potential to last awhile.

You know the KOTOR series can go on for awhile. I mean with no EU background on Revan, you can get a prequel for KOTOR. Plus you have all this time inbetween the KOTOR timeline and Episode I. I want my grandkids playing KOTOR 47 so as long as the game quality is good, I see this series with the potential to last awhile.

Damn skippy..hell, I wanna be around for KOTOR 47. :cool:

I hope there is a KOTOR 3 to make it a trilogy and end it there. I don't want to be playing KOTOR 7, etc.

Speaking of KOTOR 3, considering the variables KOTOR 2 had to take in account from K1 (female/male, darkside, etc), the third KOTOR should have fun trying to work with elements from both K1 & 2.

I can't remember where I read it/heard it, but a Lucas Arts official made a comment to the effect that a script/story outline for KoToR 3 had been written or something. I think it was some E3 interview I saw on G4TechTV. I can't remember the exact words, but it came off as something they were thinking about, but wasn't decided yet if it would go through. I really can't remember as it was months ago, but that was the impression I got from what was said.

I can't remember where I read it/heard it, but a Lucas Arts official made a comment to the effect that a script/story outline for KoToR 3 had been written or something.  I think it was some E3 interview I saw on G4TechTV.  I can't remember the exact words, but it came off as something they were thinking about, but wasn't decided yet if it would go through.  I really can't remember as it was months ago, but that was the impression I got from what was said.

That would be great, I mean after all the reviews are coming in and they are all wonderful, so if they keep having these games be this great ppl will keep bying them. :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

if k2 sells a lot then they will try to make a 3rd one, and chris did kinda just hint at there being a 3rd one. :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

...the problem wit' "milkin" KotOR's success immediately is jus' that; ye places the bar at a very high level...it can only increase soo much 'afore one bad step brings it crashin' down in a blaze...me advice would be ta tread carefully... :devil:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

K3 will most definitely be made by Bethesda and will be a Morrowind with laser swords.

...naw; it'll be a Shadows of Amn / Throne o' Bhaal mix wit' Yoda as yer father...BIO can handle that... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way