Spoiler

(Spoiler)

Revan is dead. Two reasons:

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/679/679264/img_2300972.html

This is an older screenshot. We know the SF was destroyed, so there was no way the Star Forge Robes could have been reproduced. The PC is wearing these robes, possibly picked off of Revan's remains.

2) If you repaired HK fully in K1, you realized that he automatically shuts down and malfunctions when his master dies. You know HK was last in possession of Revan, and if you find HK almost destroyed in the Ebon Hawk, you know Revan died.

Any other views?

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know how to use the spoiler tag, I had to space this all the way down here.

Interesting theory, but not necessarily true.

The older screenshots often used old models from the first game rather than people or items you'll actually see in the new game. In other words, the screenshot you're looking at may have been cobbled together purely to be shown to the public, without any regard to anything you see making it in the actual game.

Secondly, HK-47 shutting down due to Revan's death is entirely possible....but so are about a dozen other ways of him ending up damaged. Moreover, while he 'shuts down', I don't think that would damage him to the point that you would have to repair him bit by bit over the course of a bunch of planets.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

(Spoiler)

Revan is dead. Two reasons:

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/679/679264/img_2300972.html

This is an older screenshot. We know the SF was destroyed, so there was no way the Star Forge Robes could have been reproduced. The PC is wearing these robes, possibly picked off of Revan's remains.

2) If you repaired HK fully in K1, you realized that he automatically shuts down and malfunctions when his master dies. You know HK was last in possession of Revan, and if you find HK almost destroyed in the Ebon Hawk, you know Revan died.

Any other views?

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know how to use the spoiler tag, I had to space this all the way down here.

Two things.

the picture is as you said really old and it was full of place holders. the second its also possible that HK was badly damaged and in the rush for revan to escape the Hawk he didn't have time to retrive HK or HK was left behind to give revan enough time to escape and during the battle (which lead to revans escape) HK was badly damaged and was forced to shut down because of it.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Stupid n00b, that's a placeholder dumbass.  <_<

Heh. Friendly, aren't we?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

well those look like the star forge robes, but it was probablly just a test screen shot. and who ever said he was dead in the first place. ppl thought he dead so hk shut off, might be what happened now. and if they did he is dead, that would be so lame I mean I played through the whole game as him and I dont want him dead! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

INCREDIBLY old screenshot. It might very, very easily be a placeholder screenshot. Also...

It might be different depending on the PC's actions in the first or even the current game.

However, this is still a possibility - you make a very good point about HK being shut down. That said, I noticed in a video on IGN that there's banging on the other side of a door in the Ebon hawk where you are as T3. That happens to be the same room HK is found "dead" in. Also, it would seem that there are certain "parts" that you get from the various planets to repair HK and hear what he has to say about what happened. This implies something more of a mechanical error, as multiple whole PARTS of him are missing. Also, would he really function without his Master well enough to tell you anything, with this being the case? Although... it could be that his malfunction damaged his insides, and you find replacements for those parts, and one of the things you do is override his function to mal-function upon his master's death. However, wouldn't that kind of tell you something ahead of time? Just something to keep in mind...

Revan doesnt have to be dead for him to malfunction. If you guys paid attention in the first game, he did not function fully, not because Revan was dead, but because it was standard sith operating procedure to erase certain parts of the droid memories before sending them on assassination missions (HK-47 was an assassin droid). He only gains his memory back when he completes his mission AND RETURNS TO HIS MASTER. That is why he didnt work in the first game, because he hadnt returned to Revan, not because Revan wasnt alive...even if everyone knew Revan was alive, HK still wouldnt have functioned fully until he returns to Revan.

As for why he doesnt function, remember the crew of the Ebon Hawk was supposedly killed (though I dont buy that quite yet). Perhaps they were on a mission to finish off the remaining three Sith lords (Sion, Nihilus, and the unknown one). Revan may not have actually been present, but if HK-47 was sent, he would lose certain portions of his memory until he is returned to Revan, or maybe he was used to protect Revan from the attackers, while Revan escaped (remember, he was an assassin droid, but also seemed to have served as Revan's personal bodyguard). He could have been damaged while stopping Revan's pursuers, or maybe just the distance between he and Revan caused the malfunction.

Though you are correct, Revan may very well be dead. I will be so completely pissed off if that happens. If Revan (easily the most interesting, mysterious, and fun star wars character to play as) is dead, I would seriously want Bioware to retake the franchise for the KOTOR 3 and then kill off the Exile in a brutal fashion to take ultimate revenge for the defiling of Revan. How would it be possible for him to have been killed...he was freakin stronger than Malak (who obviously was strong enough to keep these three sith lords in there place...They wont be as hard and Malak, and he was fairly easy).

Revan can't die. Revan is great. Revan is immortal.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The HK thing proves more to me than the pic does (I thought the graphics looked rather shabby-thanks for everyone who recognized it as a placeholder).

Although I've been thinking for a while that logically Revan is either:

The guy/girl ultimately looking for you (though the face option in the first makes this prospect difficult since a lightside Revan wouldn't be wearing a sith mask and even if he/she wore some other mask, would have no way of verifying that he/she was Revan aside from saying: I'm Revan). There are so many problems with the plot tree becaue of the Freedom in choices in the first Kotor, that I'll be impressed if this can be pulled of, albeit disappointed.

Dead (most likely). This makes the most sense from a writing standpoint since Revan should be out being Revan unless he/she ran into someone stronger and was killed.

or Brainwashed (again). As I said in another thread, I'm going to throw eggs and tomatoes at the monitor if this happens.