Sith Lords For MAC OS X

Should SL be released for MAC OS X  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should SL be released for MAC OS X

• Yes
    • No

Sounds Like a Good Idea Right Because MACS have better graphics than X box and Windows so Just tell me yes or no and give me a reason.

( I don't want to debate if Windows or MAC is better so don't be a Flamer) :D

That's very difficult since your first statement can easily be considered as a flamebait.

//EDIT: One thing's difficult though, is that the renderer is written and optimized for the DirectX API, converting it to OpenGL is not an easy task to do. Also, games for the Mac might be considered as a too small target, market-wise, thus is not worth the time and effort.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

not enough mac gamers for it to be worth porting to mac os x.

KOTOR 1 was ported to Mac. So was Fallout and Fallout 2.

Edit: As someone that has just purchased a Mac, I'd like to see the game ported to OSX. Using nebulous phrases like 'better graphics' does not, however, help the cause.

not enough mac gamers for it to be worth porting to mac os x.

KOTOR 1 was ported to Mac. So was Fallout and Fallout 2.

Edit: As someone that has just purchased a Mac, I'd like to see the game ported to OSX. Using nebulous phrases like 'better graphics' does not, however, help the cause.

Kotor 1 mac? When? I need to see.

yes it will be since the original was... wasn't it?

My friends Macs Do have better graphics because My brother who is a graphic designer Refuses to use Widows because Macs have better graphics (besides AlienWare but thats ment for gaming) ask any Computer Graphic Designer

well now there are two schools of thought on this... Yes MACs do have a better ability to handle higher resolution graphics than the PC but this is because you not only have a software based RAM doubler but you also have the ability to double your video RAM as well as its easier to allocate your RAM to a certain program allowing it to run more smoothly. Also MACs are the current standard for advertising (Magazine, Newpaper, billboard, etc.) as well as for website, video editing, and graphic designing (because of the ability's I stated above). Now the other side of this arguement is, because the PC has better graphics cards (i.e. 128MB standard compaired to the standard of 64MB in a mac) that it should run alot smoother with better graphics. In reality its all a matter of personal prefrence as to which type of computer you use and for what you use it for.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

You know, the thought of playing KotOR on a lamp, dumpling, toiletseat, or breadboard is just disgusting. Besides, since you can upgrade items, it might start to give apple users ideas, and they just can't let that happen... :rolleyes:

I would buy a Mac if I had the money....

1)Intel Processors are 32 bit, the G5 is 64 bit

2)Apple sells dual processor systems while if you wanted an Intel dp system, you would have a hell of a hard time getting one that plays most games

3)You can get 8GB of DDR SDRAM ofcourse Intel now has DDR2 which is faster but meh....

4)The apple cinema displays are pretty damn cool

5)You can put a 6800 Ultra in your system so graphics aren't a problem

6)Its obviously faster because pretty much all the algorithms have been hard coded into the processor

7)AND THE BEST REASON, NO BSOD!! (Blue Screen of Death)

You know, the thought of playing KotOR on a lamp, dumpling, toiletseat, or breadboard is just disgusting.  Besides, since you can upgrade items, it might start to give apple users ideas, and they just can't let that happen... :devil:

huh? :thumbsup:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I would buy a Mac if I had the money....

1)Intel Processors are 32 bit, the G5 is 64 bit

2)Apple sells dual processor systems while if you wanted an Intel dp system, you would have a hell of a hard time getting one that plays most games

3)You can get 8GB of DDR SDRAM ofcourse Intel now has DDR2 which is faster but meh....

4)The apple cinema displays are pretty damn cool

5)You can put a 6800 Ultra in your system so graphics aren't a problem

6)Its obviously faster because pretty much all the algorithms have been hard coded into the processor

7)AND THE BEST REASON, NO BSOD!! (Blue Screen of Death)

Not to mention the gigaflopping techology. And yes I am serious, it is a real thing for those of you who don't know anything about MACs it has to do with the front side system bus only in a MAC its somthing like a 1000 times faster than a PC.

AscendedPaladin.png

I once had a Mac. Unfortunatly, the on/off power button was on the keyboard, so when the keyboard broke, you're left with a computer that can't turn off. In retrospect, a rather poor design decision. By that time better computers were coming out, so... now there is a PC.

KotOR 1 made it to the Mac. And since the engine for KotOr 2 is not significantly different from KotOR 1, I suspect that KotOR 2 will eventually make it to the Mac as well. Bioware and Obsidian are more interested in making money than fighting about which platform is better than the other. Money talks, and if this game makes it to the Mac, I'll spend my money to buy it.

KotOR 1 played pretty well on my old Mac, so I don't think that I would have any problems playing the sequel.

Matt

QUOTE(Naso @ Dec 4 2004, 10:07 PM)

You know, the thought of playing KotOR on a lamp, dumpling, toiletseat, or breadboard is just disgusting.  Besides, since you can upgrade items, it might start to give apple users ideas, and they just can't let that happen...  Oh, and those items are nicknames for the ridiculous designs of a lot of macs.

huh? 

You can't really upgrade macs because they want you to buy a whole new system every two years....

Also, they're not that stable. I had a roommate who's mac lit a bunch of stuff in his room on fire. Also, the number of times I've seen mac users have to use the system-restore disk is far greater than I've ever had to reformat, (and when I do reformat, it's mostly because I'm lazy).

Sounds Like a Good Idea Right Because MACS have better graphics than X box and Windows so Just tell me yes or no and give me a reason.

( I don't want to debate if Windows or MAC is better so don't be a Flamer) :D

I will ignore the blatant blanket statements made by the PC and Mac users as I like both platforms and I would end up upsetting both Mac and PC users. To answer the original posters question; yes, i do think that KOTOR II should and shall be released on the Mac platform, but not for at least a year and a half since that would require a third-party such as Macsoft or Macplay to port it.