This is so typical of Mr.Avellone and his team...

Well I just finished reading the IGN review and I'm so god damn happy with the way the story is turning out, like Planescape:Torment, it seems this game deals more with compelling philosophical and social issues as opposed to being mystified by the universe and presenting a tacky generic story. Thank you thank you thank you Obsidian, I hope all your other games will have more mature, serious and interesting plots (like PS:T, you guys need to frame that game's script and learn from it).

February can't come soon enough. :lol:

Just so everyone knows....

IGN game Planescape: Torment a 9.2 back in the day. :thumbsup:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I definetly like this game because you get to explore your true character. also, there is something deeper than ls or ds in this game.

one example is:

if you see a beggar who wants 100 credits what do you do?

if you give him the credits, he will get killed by thugs who want them

if you dont give him the credits, he will die of starvation

what would you do? (im not sure if staying and protecting the man is an option)

I definetly like this game because you get to explore your true character. also, there is something deeper than ls or ds in this game.

one example is:

Seek out the thugs and try to convice them to change their ways, if they don't comply you kick their sorry asses. LS

In DS. You choke the beggar and go to find out the thugs and force ccrush them and steal their credits. :):devil:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Just so everyone knows....

IGN game Planescape: Torment a 9.2 back in the day. :devil:

And still it's considered as one of the best games ever. But hey, GTA: San Andreas scored 9.9 :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

one example is:

Seek out the thugs and try to convice them to change their ways, if they don't comply you kick their sorry asses. LS

In DS. You choke the beggar and go to find out the thugs and force ccrush them and steal their credits. :):devil:

Or you do nothing and go to your appointed bigger darker things, instead of wasting your precious evil time dealing with street thugs! We did enough of that in K1 :p

ive said it b4 and ill say it again. kotor 2 is gonna be awesome!! i think that even if the magazines don't rank it as high as it should that it is gonna be the best game of 2004. if people could get past wanting the best graphics even if it sacrafices the story, they would realize that the best games sometimes dont have the most up to date graphics. like TSL.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

ive said it b4 and ill say it again.  kotor 2 is gonna be awesome!! i think that even if the magazines don't rank it as high as it should  that it is gonna be the best game of 2004.  if people could get past wanting the best graphics even if it sacrafices the story, they would realize that the best games sometimes dont have the most up to date graphics.  like TSL.

Relax mate.

You haven't played the game yet, so there isn't a way you could possibly know.

Play the game and we will be here to talk about it at great lengths, I assure you!

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

i can tell its gonna be great. the story is so much darker and more realistic than kotor. that alone scored a lot of points for this game with me. and the stances and force forms, along with prestige classes. it just looks so awesome

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

PST was good but tis story and its soc alled 'philosphical discussions' are so overrated I'd puke if I was physically capable of it.

I expect KOTOR2's story to be good. Maybe even great. But don't make it sound like some "OMG This is deep poo!" stuff. It's a game. It ain't that deep. Deal with it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

PST was good but tis story and its soc alled 'philosphical discussions' are so overrated I'd puke if I was physically capable of it.

Uhhhh....since when have you been physically incapable of puking?

I expect KOTOR2's story to be good. Maybe even great. But don't make it sound like some "OMG This is deep poo!" stuff. It's a game. It ain't that deep. Deal with it.

...or it's very 'deep' for being a game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Uhhhh....since when have you been physically incapable of puking?"

Since I haven't in over 10 years!

"or it's very 'deep' for being a game."

No. It was very good for agame; but it wasn't that deep. Don't let the amount of words fool you.

"or it's very 'deep' for being a game."

No. It was very good for  agame; but it wasn't that deep.  Don't let the amount of words fool you.

His comment was in response to your KOTOR2 comment. Since you haven't played it yet, I think you're jumping the gun with your statement.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"His comment was in response to your KOTOR2 comment. Since you haven't played it yet, I think you're jumping the gun with your statement."

Eh. Posisbly. then again, I guess that goes the same for people who are claiming that KOTOR2 is the deepest thing since PST. Works both ways, ya know. Double standards are cool (if he was talking about that). Then again, I thought my "it'll probably be good maybe evn great' covered the possibility ... Hmm..

Eh. Posisbly. then again, I guess that goes the same for people who are claiming that KOTOR2 is the deepest thing since PST. Works both ways, ya know. Double standards are cool (if he was talking about that). Then again, I thought my "it'll probably be good maybe evn great' covered the possibility ... Hmm..

True. Which is why I think it's silly that people who haven't played it yet are already claiming it's a masterpiece. I, myself, feel it has the potential to be great, and what information I've seen about it have me optimistic. But I think it's a bit premature to say whether or not it'll be great.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Since I haven't in over 10 years!

Try vinegar straight from the bottle. It helps.