Its official 8.5 Graphics= Lazy Dev

My worst fears cometh true. 8.5 on both presentation and graphics what was Obsidian smoking?

No changes from, day to night in real time, no saber glow effects huge collision detection problems, and dialog with two talking heads just moving their lips, and no Xbox Live to fix any issues Longer Load Times? Hoooowhat kill me

With a games as complex as a 45 hour long d20 RPG, and no Bug Patching ability oh boy let the bugs fly, and don't get me started on collision detection.

alot of this stuff was forgiveable in K1 but not now.

and why can't day sift into knight on the fly heck Zelda Ocarina of Time could and that was 8 years ago on the N64. Lazy Dev I said it even before the first screen shots and I saw no Saber glows in almost 2 years of work.

If anything I could understand the Story being weak since sequels have trouble there but on the technology stand point that inexcuseable.

9.3 is nothing to be proud of it won't score higher anywhere wait till EGM gives it 8.7 and a silver

:)

Obsisdian just handed 2004's Game of the Year honors to world of Warcraft, no shame in that. but sad

Xbox GOTY Halo 2 I was hoping K2 would win but 8.5 on graphics no way

PC GOTY World of Warcraft

GameCube GOTY Metroid

PS2 GOTY GTA:SA

Overall winner of the coveted 2004 Game of the Year overall, its between Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and PC's WoW

These guys just handed it away. I said it from day one if the would have just included real time Saber Glows (the Xbox does have Hardware T&L) it would have affected the code much they would have easily got 9.5 on graphics for one simple thing

Instead Longer Load Times slighly bigger worls slightly and frame rate issues

AT LEAST KOTOR 1 HAD XBOX LIVE to be able to fix bugs

He's the same troll who endorses car insurance fraud. Don't mind him. He'll be in federal prison before long anyways. I wonder how graphics look on prison-issued TVs. :)"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

:)

Obsisdian just handed 2004's Game of the Year honors to world of Warcraft, no shame in that. but sad

Xbox GOTY Halo 2 I was hoping K2 would win but 8.5 on graphics no way

PC    GOTY  World of Warcraft

GameCube GOTY  Metroid

PS2 GOTY  GTA:SA

Overall winner of the coveted 2004 Game of the Year overall, its between Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and PC's WoW

These guys just handed it away. I said it from day one if the would have just included real time Saber Glows (the Xbox does have Hardware T&L) it would have affected the code much they would have easily got 9.5 on graphics for one simple thing

Instead Longer Load Times slighly bigger worls slightly and frame rate issues

AT LEAST KOTOR 1 HAD XBOX LIVE to be able to fix bugs

WOW STFU is the right acronym. You haven't even played the game yet and you're basing all your idiotic opinions on a review? My you are a sad person. I can't wait till Hades One reads this thread.

actualy the score is 9.2 from IGN 

add up all the scores and divide by five the number of categories reviwed its

a 9.2 nothing to be proud of.

Actually you need glasses. Read the last page of the review. The reviewer didn't average the five categories evenly. She (I'm assuming hilary is a girl) gave it a 9.3

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

9.2 ain't nothing to be NOT proud of, either.

You act like the "professional" rating actually matters. What matters is score for GAMERS, and they don't have any yet, because the game ain't out yet.

Actually you need glasses. Read the last page of the review. The reviewer didn't average the five categories evenly. She (I'm assuming hilary is a girl) gave it a 9.3

Hilary is a guy.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I refuse to respect any review from a "guy" supposedly named Hilary. NEXT!

Yet you use that same reviewer's review on graphics as the basis for this thread?

Yeah, that helps your argument. :)

...Dude.

If you hadn't noticed; Obsidiane Entertainment, SAID THERE WERE GOING TO USE THE SAME DAMN ENGINE, AND WERE NOT GOING TO MAKE MUCH IMPROVEMENTS.

They said it. All a couples time. Enough to hammer in the message. So I'm not surprised. And it doesn't matter.

am also surprised that anybody would expect particularly great graphics from kotor2. heck, when you look at the screenies for kotor2 they look pretty much identical to what we seen in kotor... so why on earth is folks shocked at this point that kotor2 actually does look like kotor? heck, we didn't think the graphics were all that damned hot in kotor neither... and with how fast tech advances in the game industry, a sequel (kotor2) using same engine to a game that were itself were using some relatively old tech (kotor) did not seem like the most likely candidate for prettiest game of the year.

*shrug*

now, as to bugs... bugs in an xbox game... well, that is depressing. what the $@*& is the qa folks doing anyway? we were very unhappy with the 'mount of bugs that were in the original... and the sequel is worse? am still gonna get the game... but we may just hold out for the pc version. 'least if that version is buggy (and considering the vast number of hardware configurations it must work on there is little question in our mind that the initial pc release will have bug issues,) we know that it will eventually patched.

will be a tough call for Gromnir come next Thursday or Friday.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

...Dude.

If you hadn't noticed; Obsidiane Entertainment, SAID THERE WERE GOING TO USE THE SAME DAMN ENGINE, AND WERE NOT GOING TO MAKE MUCH IMPROVEMENTS.

They said it. All a couples time. Enough to hammer in the message. So I'm not surprised. And it doesn't matter.

am also surprised that anybody would expect particularly great graphics from kotor2. heck, when you look at the screenies for kotor2 they look pretty much identical to what we seen in kotor... so why on earth is folks shocked at this point that kotor2 actually does look like kotor? heck, we didn't think the graphics were all that damned hot in kotor neither... and with how fast tech advances in the game industry, a sequel (kotor2) to a game that were itself were using some relatively old tech (kotor) did not seem like the most likely candidate for prettiest game of the year.

*shrug*

now, as to bugs... bugs in an xbox game... well, that is depressing. what the $@*& is the qa folks doing anyway? we were very unhappy with the 'mount of bugs that were in the original... and the sequel is worse? am still gonna get the game... but we may just hold out for the pc version. 'least if that version is buggy (and considering the vast number of hardware configurations it must work on there is little question in our mind that the initial pc release will have bug issues,) we know that it will eventually patched.

will be a tough call for Gromnir come next Thursday or Friday.

HA! Good Fun!

Well, we don't know yet, if they are crippling bugs, or just minor bugs. We shall soon see.

we never had crippling bugs in kotor... like the leviathan bug. however, there were lots o' things that, when added together, really cheesed Gromnir off to no end. how on earth do they miss fact that there weren't no dw penalties for double weapons? in kotor there were feats that not work and powers that were screwed and quests that were broken and all the kinda minor stuff... stuff that you not expect to be busted in a console game.

were no excuse for condition of kotor 'pon release... and ign claims kotor2 is worse? makes you wonder.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. keep in mind that Gromnir enjoyed kotor... thought it were a fun game in spite of bug problems. is not like we is saying that the bugs ruined kotor. however, as a person who owns both an xbox and a pc, this is one more reason why we is inclined to wait for the pc version.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i'll wait till the game is out to judge it...i tend to never really listen to the pro reviewer....i usually listen to the average joes...and if the average joes complaints are the same as the pros....then i'll listen.

^Habla ingles, por favor.  :- 

This is just the opinion of one group. We

wont know the real verdict until next week,

when practically everybody on this forum will

be a reviewer.  :(

true... but how many ign reviews exaggerate bug problems? usually they downplay or dismiss, no?

Gromnir will wait