Designer Rambling: PC Causality/Triggered Events

GTA: Vice City. While you can commit crimes, citizens around you can have the coppers chase after them, too. (For beating up the gang members with my nightstick, I get $50! Yaaay.)

Shush you. Your name isn't Hades_One. :lol:

Besides, that game still doesn't fit what Hades described since events (such as the missions) don't occur without the PC triggering them. (last time I checked, some NPC didn't happen to kill the mob boss and move in to that mansion because I took too long to do it).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hey it sounds like Grand Theft Auto! You know, when you reach a certain point in the game, the game kicks in with event driven scenario or mission. I guess this is more interactive, though.

But what happens if you earned enough DS points to advance the storyline or reinforce it, but do a 180 degree flip and earn enough LS points not only to offset the DS but earn enough LS to trigger another one of those storyline events? Is it any different when you've changed your alignment, there being more than one possible such events? That'd be nice, especially coming from the theme of redemption and something along those lines.

Even if there isn't a game like what I describe, that doesn't mean there shouldn't be. Strive for better.  Push the envelope and unleash the possibilities.

Then you will be very happy to here Hades that Morrowind 2 is striving for that. well according to theri devs. the people won't just hang around the same place and wait for you to come and speak to them. they hav their own lives etc.. :cool:

Whether they'll actually succeed is another story :thumbsup:"

EDIT: not morrowind 2, the name's elderscrolls 4, my bad