The unlockable Akari mentioned

Asked this a tad too late last time around.

If you play through the game once can you "unlock" color options the next time around?

I doubt you'll have access to every color as soon as you get your saber. But if you play through it once and collect this color or that will there be a save option after you've beat the game that will allow you access to any/all you've found? Or will it be a case you just have to remember where you found what crystal if you want a certain one?

It's probably going to be the latter case. I doubt it will be something that gets unlocked after your first pass through the game, though that is an interesting idea and something I'll pass along. There are plans for at least one thing that will be unlockable by completing the game though. :)

-Akari

Any Ideas? Just for ****s and giggles.

and if a devs see this, did a "unlockable" make it in

I don't think the thing I was referencing back then made it in. The code was in place, but the data was never added, to the best of my knowledge. Sorry. It was just a thought at the time, and ended up getting lost in the shuffle among higher priority stuff near the end.

Hm, actually, now that I think on it again, there are a couple easter eggs that should be unlocked by beating the game via both the Lightside and Darkside paths. They're really minor though definitely not easy to miss, but I'm sure people will find them eventually. :) At least, I think those made it in. For them, the code and data should be in place, but I don't know if they ever actually got QA'd.

-Akari

I don't think the thing I was referencing back then made it in. The code was in place, but the data was never added, to the best of my knowledge. Sorry. It was just a thought at the time, and ended up getting lost in the shuffle among higher priority stuff near the end. 

Hm, actually, now that I think on it again, there are a couple easter eggs that should be unlocked by beating the game via both the Lightside and Darkside paths.  They're really minor though definitely not easy to miss, but I'm sure people will find them eventually. :p At least, I think those made it in. For them, the code and data should be in place, but I don't know if they ever actually got QA'd.

-Akari

hmm couple of Easter Eggs .. wonder what that could be? Sion turns in to a dancing Twi'lek second time through? :)

Fortune favors the bald.

"Sion turns in to a dancing Twi'lek second time through?"

That's definitely not easy to miss.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hm, actually, now that I think on it again, there are a couple easter eggs that should be unlocked by beating the game via both the Lightside and Darkside paths.  They're really minor though definitely not easy to miss, but I'm sure people will find them eventually. :) At least, I think those made it in. For them, the code and data should be in place, but I don't know if they ever actually got QA'd.

-Akari

::COUGH:: PC VERSION ::COUGH::

::COUGH::  PC VERSION ::COUGH::

I wouldn't expect a lot of changes for the PC version, though there will probably be some minor ones. But most of the team has already moved over to NWN2, including me. There's a few programmers staying on KotOR2 though. :-

-Akari

You've abandoned us. :)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Zethsta Bane,

I think you need to change to decaff man. I don't think that a silver blade has anything to do with roleplaying.

So help me, if I see you post a thread complaining about the lack of drizzzzzzzzzzzzt! :)

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Zethsta Bane,

I think you need to change to decaff man. I don't think that a silver blade has anything to do with roleplaying.

So help me, if I see you post a thread complaining about the lack of drizzzzzzzzzzzzt! :-

Drizzzttt? what's that? :blink:

As for the silver lightsaber, I have always been a huge fan of the EU based blade color, I was hoping for it in Star wars galaxies and didn't get it, when I heard it was going to be in this game I nearly wet my pants. :o More or less, it's for roleplaying reasons, I have two good LS o:) and DS :devil: roleplaying ideas for this game and that's just a major part of it.

KOTOR I was sooo much more fun when I played it like a story I"M in than just thinking 'Its just a game"...it makes it more thrilling because you can actually feel like your right there. If you can feel that, than your playing an amazing game. Cheers! :) :D

I wouldn't expect a lot of changes for the PC version, though there will probably be some minor ones. But most of the team has already moved over to NWN2, including me. There's a few programmers staying on KotOR2 though. :)

-Akari

I'm not really, but I assumed the unlockable thing was a small addition, as you said the code was in place so I didn't thing that much effort (compared to the 2 months that you guys have to polish it and such) was needed.

In general I figures we might see a new blaster, sword or armor

at least, hopefully, the game should be extremely polished because of the delay.

as he said most have gone off to NWN2 so probably not all that polished .. and I still think my suggestion is the best .. :cool:

especially if all the Sith Lords turn into dancing Twi'leks and form a band! that would be freaking cool .. :thumbsup:

Fortune favors the bald.

I wouldn't expect a lot of changes for the PC version, though there will probably be some minor ones. But most of the team has already moved over to NWN2, including me. There's a few programmers staying on KotOR2 though. :p

-Akari

You've abandoned us. :thumbsup:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:huh: