Is the water still an invisible barrier?

I really disliked, how in K1 if there was a small puddle of water you could not walk into it.

Its not like I'm asking to be Prince of Persia and swim, but just walk through small river and puddles would be nice or even just touch the water

And I'm pretty much getting it on PC even if means and new video card, I'll just die when the Expansion Pak comes out or a Patch or verision update Removing Xbox Live was the worst thing that could have happened here.

Oh and why is there no jump button or is there? Even though it may be of limited use it would still help, I feel like the Characters are Glued to the floor, and more environemt interaction would have helped like if we had to Force attack at tree limb to make it fall.

and my biggest gripe since day one which I will never forgive till K3 on Xbox 2 is why this Lazzy developer never did Sabers casting a realtime colored glow in the game. I can't wait to draw my Saber in a Dark cave and nothing its still dark. How cool would that have been to light up the cave with the glow. I forgave this in K1 but I'm pissed, oh well I hear the PC version if you have a DX 9.1 card we do get colored real time glows too bad for Xbox it doe shave HWT&L too bad lazy dev blew it and Xbox Live.

(P.S. I just called Wal-Mart in Miami and they have it heck I almost got Halo 2 there, but at the last second they saw the big Street Date Sensitive Sticker I doubt K2 has this on my way to Wal_Mart)

Oh and why is there no jump button or is there? Even though it may be of limited use it would still help, I feel like the Characters are Glued to the floor, and more environemt interaction would have helped like if we had to Force attack at tree limb to make it fall.

Sometimes i'm very "oldschool" when it comes to RPGs. there is no jumping, and there shouldn't be.

Yes the beach you could and on Manana or what ever, but like the cool looking rivers in that Jedi world I forgot the name we could not.

I saw no reason why the water there was such a barrier.

Yes I've made the Saber Glow point dozens of times but oh well I'll just wait to get it on PC and rent K2 and throw it on my Xbox's 160GB HD shhhh.

As HAdes One say we get beter resolution, bug fixes patches (i hear and read K2 has horrible collision detection) AND NO WAY TO FIX it ahahahh LOL we aslo get better graphical effects and sweet exclusive content and mods, mianly Mods I can't wait for the Limbs and Blood to start flying with the Gore Mod which I hear is all but done.

Buddah says all paths are equal.

in the words of the good people from "Rockstar" on the same "fault" in GTA "Gangsters don't swim" .. neither do Jedis apperantly .. and why should they? do you have a particular love for water?

Fortune favors the bald.

Living by the BEach in Miami, and on a Planet thats 80% water yes I do love the water as should you. Pls aren't we like 78% water ourselevs anyways. We're like big ugly bags of water

So Love the water

and waiting till Feberuary for better Collsion detection, Saber Glows, Hoods up or down, and inevitable fixes to the d20 engine rumbling in the background its definitely worth waiting.

Name on game that never needed a bug fix or patch of late. Especially a game as important ans as complex as turn based d20 rules RPG.

I predict with in the first 48 hours some one will find a near game ruining glitch/issue either unlimited credits, or level up to 20 in ten miniutes or soemthing thatt gonna make it suck.

By the way how far can we level up? what the Max, My level 40 Paladin in WoW alredy has a Combat Pet Dog and Trusty mount a stalion, Can we even get to LEvel 40 in K2.?

in the words of the good people from "Rockstar" on the same "fault" in GTA "Gangsters don't swim" .. neither do Jedis apperantly .. and why should they? do you have a particular love for water?

acctually in san andreas (sp?) you can learn how to swim, so they fixed that to a point anyway.

now back on topic:

JediMaffia: The first couple times through the game it kinda bugged me but I got over it and so should you! If thats a problem maybe you should be looking at another type of game to play where you will have more freedom than the KOTOR series. Now as to your bit about the "lightsaber glow" since I have an xbox and a PC (which right now can't play either KOTOR) I could care less about it, if it get fixed for Xbox 2 and KOTOR 3 then kool but if it doesn't then oh well.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Living by the BEach in Miami, and on a Planet thats 80% water yes I do love the water as should you. Pls aren't we like 78% water ourselevs anyways. We're like big ugly bags of water

So Love the water

and waiting till Feberuary for better Collsion detection, Saber Glows, Hoods up or down, and inevitable fixes to the d20 engine rumbling in the background its definitely worth waiting.

Name on game that never needed a bug fix or patch of late. Especially a game as important ans as complex as turn based d20 rules RPG.

I predict with in the first 48 hours some one will find a near game ruining glitch/issue either unlimited credits, or level up to 20 in ten miniutes or soemthing thatt gonna make it suck.

By the way how far can we level up? what the Max, My level 40 Paladin in WoW alredy has a Combat Pet Dog and Trusty mount a stalion, Can we even get to LEvel 40 in K2.?

80% of water? You mean that our entire planetary core has vanished and that only the surface remains? I guess the Apocolypse has come....

By the way, as a gamer, I have found that although I know of quite some explots/bugs in games, I usually avoid them. It might spoil a game if you abuse them, but I do not feel it will make the game such.

Is level 40 really that important? Just download the Savegame editor, add all the feats and powers and pretend it reads 40 instead of 20.

Mr U

This is always the weirdest criticism to me... if you think exploiting a glitch makes the game suck then just don't use it! If someone thinks that the game is either too easy or just hard enough but still can't keep themselves from doing something they KNOW will make the game less fun, i.e. leveling up with a glitch, then I say it is the person's own fault because they can't even stick to what THEY think is fun and that is just beyond pitiable.

Regarding some posts of the the thread starter:

So, your point is? Another way to say Xbox suxxors and PC rox and "we" are L33t? :thumbsup:"

Because first you seemed to have some point, but after some words i think not.

Regarding the question of leveling up, there is no point comparing different games, specially on that question and in RPGs. Most of the time the level up system is different from some RPG to other, even if they have some foundation like d&d rules. One can have level 40, other level 20, 30, other 255 or wtv, not a big problem for me and again, depends on what the game does with them and the style of the game too.

And what made Kotor, and many other RPGs that i love like PS:T, Fallout, BG, Icewind so great, was never, in my opinion, cosmethics and graphics, and you seem to focus too much on that point, or in useless stuff (for this kind of game and RPG) like jumping (unless we consider the power Force Jumping here...). Wrong game perhaps? <_<