Xbox or PC

Xbox all the way.  So shoot me.

nah, wouldn't be worth the trip to where ever you live, and the potential jail time .. So I'll let you live ..

213374U : Purchasing a lesser quality product just because one is not able to be patient for two months seems pretty silly to me, but each to his own.

the only difference is resolution, so that's really a matter of taste .. I wouldn't go so far as to say "lesser quality" .. that's being a bit hard on the poor X-Boxers! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force weren't in the XBox Kotor, so the PC will probably be better anyway.

<<keyboard and mouse yield more contol than a handful of buttons on a clicky pad>>

So I get the same great role-playing experience but miss two pieces of phatt loot? Hmmm.. You know, I had KotOR on PC and I still don't know what items you're talking about so I'm guessing they made little to no impression on me.

I apprecate that PC users are irritated about having to wait but drizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpt! :)

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So I get the same great role-playing experience but miss two pieces of phatt loot? Hmmm.. You know, I had KotOR on PC and I still don't know what items you're talking about so I'm guessing they made little to no impression on me.

I apprecate that PC users are irritated about having to wait but drizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpt! :)

There was also a secret third ending available to PC users who didn't play it on the XBox as well. :-"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force weren't in the XBox Kotor, so the PC will probably be better anyway.

<<keyboard and mouse yield more contol than a handful of buttons on a clicky pad>>

Two super lightsaber crystals that made lightsabers turquoise and orange, respectively. They also did ridiculous amounts of damage. You get them at Yavin Station for lots of money.

"You shall not pass!"

I love my PC...BUT...

I'm getting a little bit tired of having to upgrade the damn thing every 6-12 months.  I'm also growing weary of having to play the part of beta tester to buggy, unpolished games, until the developers of said games decide on whether its cost-effective to release a patch (I'm not including Obsidian in said list of developers).

With the XBox, I get a game that is made standard for one type of setup, minimizing the possibilities of bugs.  As well, I get the game almost 3 months earlier.

On the other hand, graphically, hands down the PC is better.  As well, modded content is another big plus when it comes to the PC.

So the answer seems simple to me.  If you have an XBox and a PC, you'd be crazy (or a masochist  :blink: ) not to get The Sith Lords early.  Play the game, finish the game, then sell the game.  If you love the game, take the money and put it towards the PC version when its released.  Then continue to play it, enjoying the improved graphics, and increased replayability with all the sure to be released modded content from the Star Wars community.  And all is well with the world.  :)

i agree with this and i would do exactly what he says if i werent an international gamer...

I think xboxers and PCers should unite in a hearty laugh at PS2ers & GameCubers who don't ever get the game.

fa-nelson.gif

yes he is right we should laugh at those PS2'ers and Gamecubers cos their consoles suck and our PC's and xbox's rule

You know what? Whatever makes you guys happy.

I get it early and you get it late with more stuff. It's cosmic balance.

drizzzzzzzzzzzzzt! :alien:

i agree with maria..in fact i would take her seriously if she hadnt created the ''darth scion is a sexy mofo'' thread.

Personally, it's a sorta moot point.

I'll get it for PC, but that's because I'm personally busy over the next two months doing stuff anyhow, so in no rush to buy it asap. Besides, there are way too many games out or about to come out in Q4, Q1 for me to run through anyhow. Ghost Recon 2, GTA, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Prince of Persia, Jade Empire, Metal Gear Solid 3, the new Splinter Cell ...

The PC vs XBox question comes down to this:

What do you use your PC for? I mean, if you're chucking out 2000 bucks to run stuff at high res graphics, high fps, and so on ... then that's a great option. If on the other hand, you'd rather pay 100-300 dollars for a console system instead that won't become graphically outdated within 2 years (given the video card cycles of 6 months), then that works too.

When the XBox came out, I was running an Athlon T-Bird 1.4, Geforce 3, and 512 mb of DDR Ram. That was decent at the time. Now it's at best minimum specs for everything out there. So I chucked out a few hundred bucks to upgrade my computer.

Now, I don't use my computer primarily for gaming, but I do keep it updated for when I do WANT to game. The XBox on the other hand isn't about to start making good civilization games anytime soon (or micromanaged strategy). But it has a lot of great games. I guess the real issue is what computer system you have, and your own wants.

There was also a secret third ending available to PC users who didn't play it on the XBox as well. :alien:"

I saw 3 endings on Xbox version too, light, dark and the secret one... :blink:"

Like the others said, people should unite to having a great RPG on both platforms and discuss it etc. This silly wars are pointless and a shame to see.

Me and my mates all agree that the differences in KOTOR I Xbox and PC were minimal. For all of us, it was one the games of 2003, or even THE GAME, on PC and on Xbox. We loved it and still today talk about it and all of us are anxious for Sith Lords, talking about what could be etc. And yes, "we" are from europe and we play both consoles and PC, so we all have to wait too, but we don't fight regarding hardware and so on, we prefer to have nerd or geek conversations wtv, about KOTOR I and II that nobody cares except us. :"> :ph34r:

Well, i think i made my point, to each their on :)