Xbox or PC

Is there anybody who has an Xbox and a PC that prefers to wait until Feb. for the game. I would be interested in knowing the reasons why you are going to wait till Feb. I am still trying to decide myself, although at this point i dont think i can wait till Feb. Has anyone heard if there will be extra content in the PC version this time around?

god, I wonder whats going to happen now

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

There won't be any extra content :devil:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well, you will be able to play the game at higher graphical resolutions and have better graphical effects onthe PC than you would on the X-Box.

Hades, this is one, of few VERY, VERY rare times, that I, or perhaps, anyone, agrees with you.

However, each computer has a different setup, the developers must somehow account for them, to a certain degree. The X-Box has no such problem; all of them are the same. They have only some of the computer's strengths, but the trade off is that it is standard; no changes within each X-Box.

However, this is not MY endorsement of the X-Box, even though I have nothing against it.

But I refuse to buy it, because I do not like M$.

Well, you will be able to play the game at higher graphical resolutions and have better graphical effects onthe PC than you would on the X-Box.

Wow hades not looking at the bad points of the game :wub: great day for man kind, but really i agree completely with what you're saying if you want better graphix go with the pc if you want mods go with the pc, if you want it early then go with the xbox! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Wow hades not looking at the bad points of the game :wub: great day for man kind, but really i agree completely with what you're saying if you want better graphix go with the pc if you want mods go with the pc, if you want it early then go with the xbox! :D

And if you want both...

:wub:" ---> :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Whebn there is somethign good to say about the game I do, but most of the time I leave that up to the gushing fanbase. I rather be the one that keeps the developers egos in check. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Too many gushing fanbois and gamer gurlz causes swelled heads and swelled egos on the part of the developers (i.e. Bioware).

So far Obsidian seems to lack that and with luck they keep it cool, or in the words of Chris. A. "Keeping it real." If I seem to be an unreasonable lout, keep in mind that is my goal here. To balance out the fanbois. :D

I love my PC...BUT...

I'm getting a little bit tired of having to upgrade the damn thing every 6-12 months. I'm also growing weary of having to play the part of beta tester to buggy, unpolished games, until the developers of said games decide on whether its cost-effective to release a patch (I'm not including Obsidian in said list of developers).

With the XBox, I get a game that is made standard for one type of setup, minimizing the possibilities of bugs. As well, I get the game almost 3 months earlier.

On the other hand, graphically, hands down the PC is better. As well, modded content is another big plus when it comes to the PC.

So the answer seems simple to me. If you have an XBox and a PC, you'd be crazy (or a masochist :wub: ) not to get The Sith Lords early. Play the game, finish the game, then sell the game. If you love the game, take the money and put it towards the PC version when its released. Then continue to play it, enjoying the improved graphics, and increased replayability with all the sure to be released modded content from the Star Wars community. And all is well with the world. :wub:

Sometimes I think that Hades_One must be a somewhat bitter person in real life... Then I look at the dancing Kitty Cthulu and I think (anime girl style) "Kaaaawaiiiiii!"

Oh yeah, I have an X-Box. I just got Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and it's beautiful on my TV. Besides, who cares about the graphics on a role-playing game?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I got both versions of KotOR 1 and I enjoyed the PC version much more than the Xbox version. For the graphics mainly (the difference is huge), for all the little practical details (such as being able to skip cutscenes - it get's boring after playing a few times - ) and for the possibility to mod the game.

Some of my activities make that I have to get the xbox version asp if I don't want to have my game completely ruined by spoilers after a few days. However, if I could avoid this, I would definitely wait until February to get the PC version only (I'll get it anyways).

ampulator00,

Fallout, The BG series, The Quest for Glory series, Divine Divinity, and PS : Torment all have outdated graphics yet they're among my favorite games. I'm as impressed with graphics as the next fellow. I remember the first time I loaded up Morrowind and it began to rain. I just stared at the raindrops in the various puddles for several minutes. The Prince of Persia : Sands of Time is also highly visually appealing. The architecture, coloring, and extensive 'bloom lighting' created a fairytale like environment.

Still, graphics are near the bottom of the list when it comes to what I look for in an RPG.

envida,

That does suck. Especially as they told us earlier that the two versions would be released at the same time. It's stuff like this that made me eventually bite down and get an X-box.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

ampulator00,

Fallout, The BG series, The Quest for Glory series, Divine Divinity, and PS : Torment all have outdated graphics yet they're among my favorite games. I'm as impressed with graphics as the next fellow. I remember the first time I loaded up Morrowind and it began to rain. I just stared at the raindrops in the various puddles for several minutes. The Prince of Persia : Sands of Time is also highly visually appealing. The architecture, coloring, and extensive 'bloom lighting' created a fairytale like environment.

Still, graphics are near the bottom of the list when it comes to what I look for in an RPG.

envida,

That does suck. Especially as they told us earlier that the two versions would be released at the same time. It's stuff like this that made me eventually bite down and get an X-box.

It doesn't suck for me as I have an xbox, I was just pointing at the pc gamers :lol:

Sometimes I think that Hades_One must be a somewhat bitter person in real life... Then I look at the dancing Kitty Cthulu and I think (anime girl style) "Kaaaawaiiiiii!"

Oh yeah, I have an X-Box. I just got Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and it's beautiful on my TV. Besides, who cares about the graphics on a role-playing game?

yeah i agree most of the rpgs that i love dont have good graphics like suikoden 2 looked like snes graphics but still a great game (for the ps1).